more revealing clothing?

more revealing clothing?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

What is wrong with more revealing clothing?

Examples of less revealing clothing.

Trench coats covering up the backside of most armors.
Covering charr furr with full armor.
No dying underwere so it looks good when it breaks.
Changing beta armor because of “claw on breast and no underware look”
Most underware looks like a dirty diaper.
Underware and armor Coving up the butt cheacks and horizontal gluteal creas.
butt cleavage
No codpiece equipment slot
No fur linen cloth for men and women

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Laufey.5129

Laufey.5129

I don’t really understand anything beyond the inital question. Perhaps you could clarify the point you’re trying to make.

As for revealing clothes, I personally dislike them since the female version is generally sexualized in some way, whereas the male version may show skin, but hardly ever makes the character look like a stripper.

(edited by Laufey.5129)

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

I don’t really understand anything beyond the inital question. Perhaps you could clarify the point you’re trying to make.

As for revealing clothes, I personally dislike them since the female version is generally sexualized in some way, whereas the male version may show skin, but hardly ever makes the character look like a stripper.

You’ve obviously never seen my character running round Ascalon in just his pants then…lol
Now.. where did I put my cowboy hat ?

;)

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Honestly, nothing. As long as it is tasteful though. When you are just showing off skin for the sake of showing off skin, then it becomes tasteless. But if it is done naturally and clean, it is perfectly fine.

Like for instance, having a female running around in stockings with a thong and garter belt, with a corset and collar is tasteless. I don’t care if there is some lore behind the outfit or it is magically enchanted. It is revealing in a bad way. But if you create an outfit with long cloth in the back and front but leave the sides open but laced up with bikini underwear underneath, it becomes tasteful. It is not so revealing to where it is obscene, but it shows enough skin to be revealing in a welcoming manor. And it is something you expect to see in a fantasy game. Unlike the other outfit which would be something you’d expect to see in a strip club.

As for Anet changing armors that were revealing before, I don’t get that either. The Arah armor was something I was working towards for my Warrior. And then they changed it, making me no longer want it. It looks weird now. I think it was fine before, but I guess someone had to complain to get it changed. Next thing we know, they change the T3 Human Cultural cause of under-breast and change the T3 Norn Cultural cause the underwear is showing.

In the end, no matter how revealing or covering an armor is, someone is going to complain about it. It seems like there is always those people who are offended by flesh and will do everything in their power to stop others from viewing it.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

more revealing clothing?

Onshidesigns.1069

Reply to Laufey.5129

Some examples above are way Anet used to limit tone down sexuality in game.

As for you not liking sexualized clothing on women. This is the most basic insistent for the human race. People are attracted to the opposite sex or sometimes same sex.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

I prefer it when women wear actual armour, not distraction chainmail bikins.

more revealing clothing?

Onshidesigns.1069

I would like to see Chainmail bikinis for under garments.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Miomooki.3812

Miomooki.3812

I’m female and I have nothing against revealing armor. I actually want to make my female characters show some skin. Imo armors in GW2 are very tasteful compared to some other games in the market.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

OP, out of curiosity, you would not happen to be a Vindictus player, would you?

Personally, I don’t know why there isn’t a bunch of underwear and skimpier armor skins in the cash shop. That’s the kind of thing that’s purely aesthetic and people spend ridiculous amounts of money on. It’s also VERY cheap to produce.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Just isn’t practical though. Have you ever worn chain mail before? It pinches. A lot. Thus why people who wear chain mail, wear something under it to prevent it from pinching their skin every time they move.

Now imagine that as underwear. Not a fun time at all. And if they wore something under it to prevent that pinching, then it would be pointless to even wear the chain mail in the first place. Especially if it is just underwear. No one wants to sleep in chain mail briefs when they have on perfectly fine regular briefs underneath.

I could understand wanting different underwear styles or the ability to dye underwear, but chain mail underwear….. I just couldn’t put my character through such torture.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

more revealing clothing?

Onshidesigns.1069

OP, out of curiosity, you would not happen to be a Vindictus player, would you?

Personally, I don’t know why there isn’t a bunch of underwear and skimpier armor skins in the cash shop. That’s the kind of thing that’s purely aesthetic and people spend ridiculous amounts of money on. It’s also VERY cheap to produce.

I tried it out but didn’t like it.

more revealing clothing?

Onshidesigns.1069

Just isn’t practical though. Have you ever worn chain mail before? It pinches. A lot. Thus why people who wear chain mail, wear something under it to prevent it from pinching their skin every time they move.

Now imagine that as underwear. Not a fun time at all. And if they wore something under it to prevent that pinching, then it would be pointless to even wear the chain mail in the first place. Especially if it is just underwear. No one wants to sleep in chain mail briefs when they have on perfectly fine regular briefs underneath.

I could understand wanting different underwear styles or the ability to dye underwear, but chain mail underwear….. I just couldn’t put my character through such torture.

Maybe I want my toon to be unconformable.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Reply to Laufey.5129

As for you not liking sexualized clothing on women. This is the most basic insistent for the human race. People are attracted to the opposite sex or sometimes same sex.

If your looking to get attraction for your toon or others toons then sorry.. therapy maybe your only real option.
This is a game with a low age rating, the more explicit the content they bring in then the more chances there are that this game will be required to undergo a ratings change and thus limit their market appeal that much more.
People crying for nudity (like the other silly thread on here), more revealing clothes or same sex relationships you really need to question what is is your looking for in this game cos honestly it might be more prudent to go rent a video to share and roleplay with ya sweetheart and leave GW2 to deliver more sensible content.

more revealing clothing?

Onshidesigns.1069

Reply to Laufey.5129

If your looking to get attraction for your toon or others toons then sorry.. therapy maybe your only real option.
This is a game with a low age rating, the more explicit the content they bring in then the more chances there are that this game will be required to undergo a ratings change and thus limit their market appeal that much more.
People crying for nudity (like the other silly thread on here), more revealing clothes or same sex relationships you really need to question what is is your looking for in this game cos honestly it might be more prudent to go rent a video to share and roleplay with ya sweetheart and leave GW2 to deliver more sensible content.

What do you call more explicit the content? Violence or nudity

If the US government has it’s way. This game will have a mature rating soon anyways because of the school shooting last month.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

You have to accept that in America and many other places it is more acceptable for children/young adults to spend their free time virtually committing murder than virtually having sex. As a young father I cannot help but be horrified at this societal norm. But I understand that it exists. Asking for an option to add blood spatter or more death animations/sounds would come off a lot better to the community than asking for nudity/more revealing outfits.

We glorify killing and death, while we shun sex. Seems backwards… but there it is.

You are setting yourself up for a lot of flames friend. Like the other thread on this board, and even if the Devs completely agree with you and want more revealing outfits/nudity in the game, the ESRB would drop an Adult rating on the game faster than you can say “profit loss.”

It wont happen.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Personally i like both types, it depends on my mood or Character, i feel if we have revealing female attire, so we should have with males too..

I do not like being forced into the same gear though all through my game, like Medium trench coats etc..

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Mirette.7821

Mirette.7821

I’m all in favour of sexy clothing, and I’d quite happily wander round town scantily clad. Nothing wrong with showing off a good body, in game or out of it.

But I do wish we could wear clothes appropriate to the zone. I’m not an outward role-player, but I like to get into the spirit of things, and I feel really stupid running around the snowy zones in with a few scraps of chiffon thrown across my baps and buns.

(Yes I know I can transmute it to something more prudish – but when I’m in the hot zones, I quite like the breeze )

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Also, for some reason women wearing “skimpy” armor is often associated with being immoral on some level while males are just strong and powerful. My Guardian wears an outfit that covers his collar bone, wrists, upper thighs, shins and feet. And nothing else. Yet again and again I hear and read how all the females have skimpy armor and are over sexualized, Yet no one has a problem at all with the 6 pack toting, muscle rippling, perfectly toned half naked men with giant swords (phallic symbols maybe?) running around the world. They are ok and not sexualized at all.

If you really havent seen any skin showing outfits on the men and want one for your character here are a few you can look up.

both Pit Fighter sets, one is Karma only one can be bought on the TP, The Gladiator set, The Barbaric Set, the Feathered set (especially the top) and the Predatory set

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Vulcans ! (read Role players)

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

You have to accept that in America and many other places it is more acceptable for children/young adults to spend their free time virtually committing murder than virtually having sex. As a young father I cannot help but be horrified at this societal norm. But I understand that it exists. Asking for an option to add blood spatter or more death animations/sounds would come off a lot better to the community than asking for nudity/more revealing outfits.

We glorify killing and death, while we shun sex. Seems backwards… but there it is.

You are setting yourself up for a lot of flames friend. Like the other thread on this board, and even if the Devs completely agree with you and want more revealing outfits/nudity in the game, the ESRB would drop an Adult rating on the game faster than you can say “profit loss.”

It wont happen.

I agree with you 100%. Americans censor sexual things, but when it comes to violence, it’s alright to have to have it. Some people on this thread are already flaming the OP.

It’s funny to hear about people saying it’s not practical and they want it to be more realistic. Because fighting dragons, trolls, and talking rats is so realistic.

As for Anet changing armors that were revealing before, I don’t get that either. The Arah armor was something I was working towards for my Warrior. And then they changed it, making me no longer want it. It looks weird now. I think it was fine before, but I guess someone had to complain to get it changed. Next thing we know, they change the T3 Human Cultural cause of under-breast and change the T3 Norn Cultural cause the underwear is showing.

In the end, no matter how revealing or covering an armor is, someone is going to complain about it. It seems like there is always those people who are offended by flesh and will do everything in their power to stop others from viewing it.

They changed the Arah armor because of complaints? I’m guessing it was the girls on this forum who complained since they love to whine about skimpy armor.

I hope they don’t change the T3 Human Cultural – I spent a lot of time and gold to get that.

As for myself, I don’t mind revealing armor on both males and females. If you don’t like it, don’t wear it.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

This topic comes up on the boards of every Fantasy MMO I have played. Summation.

I would like the option of skimpier armor.

I don’t want the option of skimpier armor, and I don’t want you to have it either (insert rant about unrelated RL stereotypes and morality issues).

I don’t like humongous idiotic looking Greatswords..solution, I don’t use them. But I’m not lobbying to have them taken from those that DO like them.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

For me, personally, and I’m only speaking for myself here…

Skimpy armor isn’t likely to appear on my characters simply because its skimpy/revealing/whatever. If I like the aesthetic, I’ll use it. I have a female human mesmer who’s wearing the HoM skin, and a female human ele that’s showing a lot of skin. I don’t mind skimpy armors, and I don’t mind bulky armors. If it appeals to my eye, I’ll use it. (The Acolyte set is one of my fave light armors).

That said, too much of one or the other (skimpy vs conservative) is boring. 90% skimpy armor? Yawn. 90% conservative? Yawn. Variety is the spice of life and this is where I feel GW2 lacks in the armor department. Way too many armors are way too similar to others. I’d like options. Yeah, light armor has some options, but medium has practically none.

I’d like some more revealing armors but not too many more. A balance should be maintained.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

… or same sex relationships…

Why is that any more of an issue than opposite sex relationships?

more revealing clothing?

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Sorry, I can’t hear your logic while my humanoid plant with boobs shoots fire out of its dagger and cowbell.[/quote]

/wins thread.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Hellmood.2097

Hellmood.2097

I think adding more revealing clothes for female characters will cause a huge kittenstorm on the internet. This whole feminist gamer fad is basically watching games everyday and pull a gigantic “NO FUN ALLOWED, MY POOR FEELINGS” when they detect anything they feel offended by and manage to stir up a real commotion.

I too wish we had more revealing clothing, especially for medium and heavy classes. For males too, for equality.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Striefer.5130

Striefer.5130

I personally prefer a classy woman to a strip club dancer, just my personal taste though.

more revealing clothing?

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I personally prefer a classy woman to a strip club dancer, just my personal taste though.

Really? So mere dress/appearance connotes classification/morality for you?

Does Tyria even have strip clubs, or even your personal hangups in general? Does Kryta have the same moralistic standards of rural alabama?

It is a fantasy construct world..let it have it’s own standards, leave the real world out of it.

If it passes the ESRB, deal with it.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Evelynddra.9265

Evelynddra.9265

I think adding more revealing clothes for female characters will cause a huge kittenstorm on the internet. This whole feminist gamer fad is basically watching games everyday and pull a gigantic “NO FUN ALLOWED, MY POOR FEELINGS” when they detect anything they feel offended by and manage to stir up a real commotion.

I too wish we had more revealing clothing, especially for medium and heavy classes. For males too, for equality.

Oh noes! The feminists are out to get your games and ruin your fun (of staring at pixel ladies)! Because women don’t play games…of course. And if they do, their opinion doesn’t matter…amirite? MOAR NAKED LADIES!
/sarcasm

Sorry if people like more options than the tired old chainmail bikini. That being said, I do think GW2 has a nice split. That is skimpy or not. I would definitely like to see more deisgn options though. Many armors tend to be very similar to each other.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

GW2 has a nice split, with the exception of medium armor, which is abysmally stale in all regards. There are also way more modest heavy sets than revealing sets, too. Honestly, I’d say that they could do with more revealing sets in general for both genders to balance it better.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Spakpak.7260

Spakpak.7260

Because this is a video game, not porn

Coexist: I play wow and gw2 and I love them both

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Revealing clothing is ok

Game community on revealing clothing meh.

“Omg you’re so hot, girl you wanna go out you so hot, omg look at my big chest everyday im so hot (and a male…i mean hot).

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Neah, just get a girlfriend guys :P

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Personally I’d like them to have a full range from extremely revealing to full coverage so everyone can choose exactly what they want. And that should go for both genders and all races.

The female rangers in GW1 are a good example. They have everything from Elite Druid, which is literally a bikini: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Ranger_Elite_Druid_armor_f.jpg

All the way to Norn where the only skin showing is the upper half of the face:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Ranger_Norn_armor_f.jpg

And here’s the full selection, so you can see there is a variety in between those two: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ranger_armor

For me it depends entirely on my character. My human female I couldn’t imagine in anything particularly revealing, she’s more likely to go for full length but decorative. Whereas my sylvari spends as much time as possible in town clothes because a few leaves is about right for her. (Plus one of the best things about the sylvari is the bioluminescence but you don’t see most of it if they’re wearing non-skimpy clothes.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: A Popcap.1432

A Popcap.1432

I want a variety of armors which show the tattoos of male AND female norns better, because at the moment you only sometimes see the fore arms and face parts usually, sorta want to be able to see the back or even just have them not cover shoulders,

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Still wish they at least added coats like Liu’s if they’re gonna keep forcing them onto us Thieves. Show off some of my Sylvari’s glowyness.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Striefer.5130

Striefer.5130

Really? So mere dress/appearance connotes classification/morality for you?

Does Tyria even have strip clubs, or even your personal hangups in general? Does Kryta have the same moralistic standards of rural alabama?

It is a fantasy construct world..let it have it’s own standards, leave the real world out of it.

If it passes the ESRB, deal with it.

Really? So walking around naked doesn’t connote anything to you? It could be a perfectly normal looking girl in real life walking around naked right? you wouldn’t mind your girlfriend or daughter walking around naked? That doesn’t mean anything right? So if I made a fantasy movie with nude girls, it should be pg13 right? It’s fantasy so it has it’s own standards right?

I specifically said " my personal preference". Learn to read.
Just because it’s a fantasy constructed world doesn’t mean I can’t have my own opinion. I never said I wanted them to remove the clothes that were revealing, I’m giving my opinion on what I prefer. Or is this not allowed in your fantasy world?

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

The funny thing here is that the only reason some races feel sexualized is because of their underwear in the first place.

For example: Why the heck do charr females have a “breast cloth” when they clearly have no breasts, and thus no actual reason to conceal their chests? I can’t imagine it’s a habit they’d pick up from humans because they HATE humans, and I doubt they trade fashion statements with Norn. And it’s been stated there are no nipples, either, so that’s not the reason. Why conceal your chest, then, if you’re not concealing anything? It’d be like putting a bra on your cat’s chest,: you’re not covering anything, and you only seem weirder to everyone else because you felt the need to cover it up in the first place.

Similarly: the Sylvari are plants, what purpose does underwear serve? I know they’re meant to resemble human biology and thus have “plant parts”, but the act of sex is very likely meaningless to them. It’s not even known if they gain any form of “pleasure” from it, and they can’t breed in this fashion, so it’s left in doubt if they actually gain anything from the act. And their relationships often form regardless of gender so it’s not likely that, sans underwear, there’d be tons of sylvari out there “flaunting their bodies” for mates, given how pure in spirit the sylvari are established to be for the most part (except the Nightmare Court, but honestly I’m not even sure they’d be doing that sort of thing). By wearing “plant underwear”, they’ve added sexuality to characters who honestly have no attachment to it.

And lastly: Why, in the name of the Six, do Asura females wear “jumpsuits” for underwear? This isn’t a sexuality thing, it’s just WEIRD. And I don’t have the foggiest idea how they’d remove them, either, because they’re skintight and don’t have any visible zippers, latches, or such things. Are they “magitech jumpsuits” that just fall off when the asuran female strokes it a certain way, or what? Seriously, I’d never even ask myself about how an asuran gets busy if they didn’t wear such absurdly impractical-looking underwear. ._.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

(edited by critickitten.1498)

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

I want a variety of armors which show the tattoos of male AND female norns better, because at the moment you only sometimes see the fore arms and face parts usually, sorta want to be able to see the back or even just have them not cover shoulders,

Give us a medium armor that completely reveals the back, shoulders, and arms? (The Whispers one comes close, but it seems like someone put part of the hood on the chest piece, and that covers an area…)

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Still wish they at least added coats like Liu’s if they’re gonna keep forcing them onto us Thieves. Show off some of my Sylvari’s glowyness.

Not sure if man.

Or really flat-chested woman.

For example: Why the heck do charr females have a “breast cloth” when they clearly have no breasts, and thus no actual reason to conceal their chests?

She may not have breasts, but there are rows of visible nipples there as with all felines.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

more revealing clothing?

critickitten.1498

For example: Why the heck do charr females have a “breast cloth” when they clearly have no breasts, and thus no actual reason to conceal their chests?

She may not have breasts, but there are rows of visible nipples there as with all felines.

Er, no, their mammary glands are hidden under the fur.

No reason to cover something that we can’t see to begin with.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

As a female asura, i rejoiced when i found the winter town outfit actually had a skirt and made me look feminine. I am tired of only having male clothes on asura toons.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Reply to Laufey.5129

What do you call more explicit the content? Violence or nudity

If the US government has it’s way. This game will have a mature rating soon anyways because of the school shooting last month.

Yeah but guns wont be re-classified at all.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

These kinds of clothes for sylvari aren’t good because sylvari females at least aren’t like “sexy”, at least for now. >.<

Attachments:

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Because it’s stupid, why would female warriors on the frontline of battle run around in a metal bikini? Go back to TERA if you want that kind of stuff.

more revealing clothing?

Kaizer.7135

But I can see my kitties nipples all the times

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

The problem with more revealing clothing is the message it sends. Consider a charr woman in a loincloth, a human man in a loincloth, and a human woman in a loincloth. What’s the difference? The message.

A charr woman in a loincloth is just a ferocious creature with a colorful fur pelt—the message you get might be “beastlike”, or “tribal”, or “cool”.

A human man in a loincloth is seen as masculine—the message would be “I’m confident”, “I’m strong”, or “I’m daring”

A human woman in a loincloth, on the other hand, sends the message “My body is an object”, “I am here to please you”, “My butt and boobs are all that matter”.

Call it politically incorrect, or crude, or unfair, or whatever you want—but that’s how it goes. One way to fix this problem is to give everybody the same revealing armor—if a female character gets a chainmail bikini, the male counterpart needs a chainmail codpiece. Unfortunatley, games don’t roll that way, so I figure it’s better just to avoid the problem all together.

more revealing clothing?

critickitten.1498

….okay, two things.

1. Why are you looking at your cat’s nipples to begin with? ._.;
  2. Charr nipples have been stated to be concealed under their fur. They would not be visible unless you were rooting around in their fur for them, and I imagine that the charr in question isn’t going to be very fond of that.

Given that context, I don’t think the “cloth bra” makes much sense. And it wouldn’t cover a set of six nipples anyways. It’s much too small. It just seems like it’s there to “feminize” the female charr from a human perspective, which seems silly.

more revealing clothing?

Kaizer.7135

….okay, two things.

1. Why are you looking at your cat’s nipples to begin with? ._.;
  2. Charr nipples have been stated to be concealed under their fur. They would not be visible unless you were rooting around in their fur for them, and I imagine that the charr in question isn’t going to be very fond of that.

Given that context, I don’t think the “cloth bra” makes much sense. And it wouldn’t cover a set of six nipples anyways. It’s much too small. It just seems like it’s there to “feminize” the female charr from a human perspective, which seems silly.

Because my cats lay on their backs when they want me to rub their belly? DUHHHH?

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: LunaNosCustodit.1458

LunaNosCustodit.1458

So, if our characters are supposed to be wearing armour to, you know, protect them? Why should it be revealing?

Most MMOs I’ve played ( TERA was really bad about it ) had this strange receding armour the higher level you became, so high level females went into battle in metal bikinis. If heavy plate armour looks like a bunch of strings, you’ve officially ruined immersion. That’s the point of a ROLEPLAYING GAME, no? Immersion?

It’s not like people couldn’t handle the skin, it’s just not necessary and doesn’t make any sense.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Passiflora.2047

Passiflora.2047

I don’t have an issue with revealing gear, provided:

1. there are also more moderate options,
AND
2. the female and male versions are equally revealing/sexy.

Perhaps I am being a bit cynical here, but it seems like a large chunk of people that request sexier/more revealing armor are thinking only of female armor (to the point that many would scoff at the equivalent in male armor), which irks me to no end as I dislike such blatant sexism. IMHO having armor that is equally revealing for both genders would serve as somewhat of a built in limit for how outlandishly sexy armor could be. I like to imagine this sort of conversation:

Artist 1: Dude, our game needs sexier armor. I’m thinking a tube top, thigh-high heel boots, and a really, really tiny skirt. What do you think?
Artist 2: Yeah, sure. You get started on that female version, and I’ll get started on the male version. Some skin-tight shorts with thigh high boots and an asymmetrical cut half-top ought to do it.
Artist 1: Uh, on second thought, I think I’ll give this some sleeves and make the skirt a little longer.

xD