What is your playtime?

What is your playtime?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sages.3496

Sages.3496

Hey all, figured i’d do a fun post for once and ask. what is your playtime? feel free to type /age in game and show us a screenshot of the time you played in game, for example the image i will post below.

Attachments:

What is your playtime?

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Im quickly getting up there i suppose.

Attachments:

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

What is your playtime?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

My main I have played him 1,675 hrs, 52 mins over 1,252 days
All chars 2,149 hrs, 3 mins over 1,253 days

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m not sure I should say. lol It’s over 12,000 hours though.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

About 1,000 for just under a year

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

WHAT that’s like 4000 a year how is it even possible?!

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

What is your playtime?

Vayne.8563

Game is on most of the day whether I’m playing it or not. I tend to duck in and duck out. I’m mostly homebound, so there’s little reason to turn it off. Often I’m just chatting with guildies, but yeah, it’s possible. Check out my achievement points. lol

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If he’s been playing since launch that averages out as just over 9.5 hours a day. Which would be a lot, but not impossible if GW2 is your main hobby.

As for me, I’m on 2,809 hours, across 1,253 days.

Which averages out at just over 2 hours a day, but in reality it varies a lot. Some days I barely have time to collect the login reward and mine the home instance nodes, other days I’m playing for 8 or even 10 hours, and sometimes I don’t log in for a week because I’m not home.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

What is your playtime?

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Game is on most of the day whether I’m playing it or not. I tend to duck in and duck out. I’m mostly homebound, so there’s little reason to turn it off. Often I’m just chatting with guildies, but yeah, it’s possible. Check out my achievement points. lol

If your character goes afk for more than 1 hour u will disconnect, and the hour count doesnt count when ur in the character screen? In any event u had been present at your character at least every hour.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

What is your playtime?

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

If your character goes afk for more than 1 hour u will disconnect, and the hour count doesnt count when ur in the character screen? In any event u had been present at your character at least every hour.

They said they go back and forth between talking to guildies in game and to IRL stuff so they probably arent afk for more then like 15 minutes at a time.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

What is your playtime?

Vayne.8563

You mean I had to pass by my computer desk and type a message to someone in the guild once an hour? Yes, I’m sure that usually happens. I’m not sure what’s remarkable about that. The computer desk is pretty much in the room we spend most of our time in.

What is your playtime?

Sages.3496

Some one who has managed to beat me! I am honored.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

kitten and I thought I played a lot at ~8000 hours.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Laurie.1698

Laurie.1698

Meh…up until recently work was over 80hrs a week, travel to 13 countries, 24/7 on call so in between that, I played some when I could.

Attachments:

“Do not scorn caring and sympathizing, they are the gifts of a gentle heart!”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

What is your playtime?

Vayne.8563

Not sure it’s an honor but nice to meet you. Again I’m logged in that amount of time, I’m not playing for all of it. How many achievement points do you have (or do you bother with them?).

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

This is pointless because when game was first out people never logged out because you never got afk booted.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

Meh, I’m pretty casual.

1295 h / 1253 days

Attachments:

What is your playtime?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Finally an /age thread that’s not about precursor drop rates!

Attachments:

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Here’s mine. Taken on my youngest character. Almost at three years for the oldest. Can’t wait for the present.

Attachments:

What is your playtime?

Sages.3496

Not sure it’s an honor but nice to meet you. Again I’m logged in that amount of time, I’m not playing for all of it. How many achievement points do you have (or do you bother with them?).

I feel having high AP is a way to say “Here, beat this!” so i dont actively achievement hunt, 11k hours and i have 15.4k AP xD

What is your playtime?

Vayne.8563

I feel having high AP is a way to say “Here, beat this!” so i dont actively achievement hunt, 11k hours and i have 15.4k AP xD

Having a high AP is different for me. I’m not really asking anyone to beat me or not beat me. I’m simply more reactive than proactive. It’s handy to have a list of things to do for me, because I have so much stuff going on on so many characters, I’d just be paralyzed by choice. That’s why I seldom start specific guild stuff but I join in when someone needs help with almost anything.

Basically there’s too much to do, so the achievements give me a road map of what to do next.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

Holy crap at over 14,000 hours lol.
Well that’s the highest I’ve seen now.

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Bloop, I’ve been here a while.

Attachments:

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

What is your playtime?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

How can you get so many hours is beyond me. I just wonder: If you played half your life a game the past 3 years what else you do? I mean: work, family, friends, travel, sport, going out etc. You clearly have almost nothing of this if you clocked that many hours considering you still have to sleep for 6-8 h a day. I don’t want to moralize etc. but I don’t think this is healthy – neither physically nor psychically.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

What is your playtime?

Vayne.8563

How can you get so many hours is beyond me. I just wonder: If you played half your life a game the past 3 years what else you do? I mean: work, family, friends, travel, sport, going out etc. You clearly have almost nothing of this if you clocked that many hours considering you still have to sleep for 6-8 h a day. I don’t want to moralize etc. but I don’t think this is healthy – neither physically nor psychically.

I wish people would be less judgemental. First, being logged in for all day doesn’t mean you play all day, or even a lot of each day. There are plenty of home bound people who are home bound for all sorts of reasons. This game allows them to connect to the rest of the world. It’s like having a chat program open for them.

I really think judging other people’s mental and physical health is pretty far beyond the purview of any forum goer, particularly as a generalization.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I wish people would be less judgemental.

I really think judging other people’s mental and physical health is pretty far beyond the purview of any forum goer, particularly as a generalization.

I agree, it’s why most people wouldn’t even consider posting their hours here due to immediate judgement by others.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

How is this judgmental. Every doctor or psychologist would tell you it’s unhealthy. Besides I didn’t tell those people are ill, I just told that half of your past 3 year life playing one game is unhealthy.

Yes, I know that there is a lot of afk time. But even then, you had to be there to not automatically log off after one hour.

If you are home bound there is not only one game. What about cooking, painting, collecting things, studying, reading, singing, playing an instrument, training etc. etc.

People who feel attacked directly do this often out of self-consciousness and instead of accepting to change something they blame the guy who holds the mirror. But certainly a forum of an MMO game is the wrong place to tell such things. So, I stop.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

What is your playtime?

Vayne.8563

How is this judgmental. Every doctor or psychologist would tell you it’s unhealthy. Besides I didn’t tell those people are ill, I just told that half of your past 3 year life playing one game is unhealthy.

Yes, I know that there is a lot of afk time. But even then, you had to be there to not automatically log off after one hour.

If you are home bound there is not only one game. What about cooking, painting, collecting things, studying, reading, singing, playing an instrument, training etc. etc.

People who feel attacked directly do this often out of self-consciousness and instead of accepting to change something they blame the guy who holds the mirror. But certainly a forum of an MMO game is the wrong place to tell such things. So, I stop.

I can keep this game open and do other things though. You’re simply making the assumption that nothing else is getting done and only this game is being played. Even when I worked, I was at my computer 14 hours a day many days.

It’s quite normal for me to be at a computer. But in this instance, I’m up and down all day doing stuff. Maybe 2-4 hours of that time is directly playing.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

Ya 14k hours and I bet at least 1/3 to 1/2 are because he/she was logged on 24/7 in the beginning. People didn’t get the boot in the beginning for being afk plus for a long while auto run keeper you in the game too

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I’m too lazy to check but probably over 9000.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: psyckos.6893

psyckos.6893

What a clever way to get a list of AFK bots. jk

Not home right now, but when I looked earlier this week, I was around a casual 4500 hours. Took a 3-4 month break some time ago (right around the karka invasion of LA). /shrug

More than a few AFK hours or hours chatting to guildies while sitting in Lornars.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Ya 14k hours and I bet at least 1/3 to 1/2 are because he/she was logged on 24/7 in the beginning. People didn’t get the boot in the beginning for being afk plus for a long while auto run keeper you in the game too

I hope you didn’t put real money on this bet because you’re wrong! I actually only played about 4 hours a day when the game was first out. Now it’s like 12 hours, maybe 14 because I do a lot of roleplay on Piken Square, and I’m a stay at home carer.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

What is your playtime?

Vayne.8563

I hope you didn’t put real money on this bet because you’re wrong! I actually only played about 4 hours a day when the game was first out. Now it’s like 12 hours, maybe 14 because I do a lot of roleplay on Piken Square, and I’m a stay at home carer.

This my story too. I care full time for a disabled person. I’m pretty much stay at home by circumstance. I don’t RP but I do spent time talking to people in the guild between doing stuff in real life.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Uhh….. can’t get on the game atm (as I’m at work). But tallying up hours played via gw2 efficiency…. roughly….

2,940 hours since 8/25/12 (which is what? 1257 days?) on one account.

2nd account… about 792 hours over the same time period.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

On my Teef.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Oregon.5673

Oregon.5673

4670hrs/1257 days.
It would have been a lot more, but the November after release, I was on the road for work for 9 months. Only logged on 3 times in 9 months, sigh.

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

Just a shy over 9000 hours. Being out of work since graduation works wonders. I did have mandatory conscript service for 8 months with time to play only on selected weekends, but not much else to distract me from playing besides few musical activities a week.

Attachments:

What is your playtime?

Posted by: Lulleh.6714

Lulleh.6714

I’m kinda new… but here it goes.

Attachments: