What is your specialization

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

With the beta right around the corner, I was curious about the idea’s of the community about the upcoming specs. I’ve created a poll for this. and i’d like to know your opinion: http://www.strawpoll.me/13669702

As for myself, its by far the Mirage. I already have some idea i’d like to try out. And the new dodge mechanic looks interesting to play with. Also a bit dangerous in certain situations, but i think its manageable. I have liked mesmer from the moment i tried it. Started with an gs/staff, dueling shatter build. Was an unique way of playing, really enjoyed it. Then Chrono came along. That really became my thing. The supportive play style and complex combo’s i could do with it is literately mind blowing. To the point where other classes started to feel straight up boring to me.

But of course a new era is upon us. And with that awaits us new specs. As i said im looking forward to mirage most. and what i can do with it. followed by scourge. From my understanding necro will become quite supportive with the new spec and that draws my attention as well. followed by the other specs:

1 – Mirage
2 – Scourge
3 – Firebrand
4 – Spellbreaker
5 – Weaver
6 – Renegade
7 – Soulbeast
8 – holosmith
9 – Deadeye

Which spec do you look forward to most, and why? Which other specs would like to try next?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Weaver mostly to try and find a better comfort zone for my ele.
Deadeye just because I like the idea.

The others don’t interest me or are on professions I don’t use enough. I might look at Spellbreaker, but my core Warrior and my Berserker are in a good enough place.

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

I’m looking forward to weaver, as my main is currently an ele/tempest, so being able to use a sword and have dual attunements should be quite fun. Also I imagine it will force me (in a good way) to freshen up my build & combat style a bit, as at the moment I use staff, so now I’ll be going a bit more close quarters than I normally do.

I haven’t decided what I’m going to use my lvl80 boost on yet though, I quite like the look of Holosmith and Deadeye, so would be tempted to get an alt to one of those,.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Deadeye
Scourge
Spellbreaker
Holosmith
Weaver
Mirage
Soulbeast

Haven’t decided about regearing my guard or rev anytime soon just yet. But mostly just to try and get a feel for each spec before committing to 2-3.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

1 – Holosmith
2 – Everything else

Das about it

Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I was looking forward to Soulbeast, but the gutting of Berzerker has made me question Anet’s competence in designing specializations that give a strong offensive focus without shoehorning them into “Condi” or “Power”.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I’ve always played a thief, so deadeye but I’m not crazy about it to be honest. the stuff I really like about the thief isn’t part of the deadeye. I like being stealthy, agile, a trickster, deadeye is pretty the contrary to these. a sniper stands still, hundreds of meters away from its victim for the lucky shot.

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I’ve always played a thief, so deadeye but I’m not crazy about it to be honest. the stuff I really like about the thief isn’t part of the deadeye. I like being stealthy, agile, a trickster, deadeye is pretty the contrary to these. a sniper stands still, hundreds of meters away from its victim for the lucky shot.

I main a thief/daredevil, too. And your reasons are pretty much why I have zero interest in the Deadeye. I hope they make a true Assassin Elite Spec in the future.

Anyway, I voted Weaver because: Fiery lightning.

That’s all I need.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I can’t really pick just one since I know I’ll make at least one of each. I already have multiple 80’s of all but Thief (just got my second Ranger to 80 to get ready for Soulbeast, will level-boost a Thief rather than level or even tome one again).

I voted Holosmith, though, because I will have to make one of those pretty early on in order to get the sword. /makes happy little light saber sounds, very quietly in a corner, so as not to rouse the wrath of a certain mega franchise.

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

The only one Im remotely interested in is the Renegade

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I main a thief/daredevil, too. And your reasons are pretty much why I have zero interest in the Deadeye. I hope they make a true Assassin Elite Spec in the future.

That’s all I need.

Curious, what would a “true assassin” spec be like? Seems like base theif is already quite slippery and tricky to deal with so much so they created a status specifically to trip them up.

Basically, i feel any new elite specs for theif will likely lean on a gimmick and “perfect assassin” seems rather broad.

Posted by: wardog.3598

wardog.3598

That’s all I need.

Curious, what would a “true assassin” spec be like? Seems like base theif is already quite slippery and tricky to deal with so much so they created a status specifically to trip them up.

Basically, i feel any new elite specs for theif will likely lean on a gimmick and “perfect assassin” seems rather broad.

I always thought that they would base a “assassin” elite on shiro. Give the theives off hand sword.

Magi James
USC Gamecock

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

That’s all I need.

I always thought that they would base a “assassin” elite on shiro. Give the theives off hand sword.

They could then add Nika as a legend for revs which could be made too counter thieves, have it be the yin to the yang.

GWMO.4785

They could then add Nika as a legend for revs which could be made too counter thieves, have it be the yin to the yang.

Nika was an assassin. So is Shiro. So that basically already fills that roll.

Feel ya. I always enjoyed thief for being this acrobatic melee range deadly assassin. Heck it was my first class even. And i still enjoy it alot. Its just that i enjoy mesmer.. or chrono to be more specifc more. Idk, deadeye really feels like its going against the policy of what the thief ever stood for, for me.

But no worries. with mirage coming up ill probably enjoy the assassin type of playstyle again. with ambush and 0,5sec cd on elite shadowstep. Its going to be awsome

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

Deadeye, Scourge, and Renegade

I now get to take out The Predator for some real fun.

Attachments:

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I’ve no interest in playing PoF before it’s release.. I don’t want to spoil any of the specific dialogue or sights I’ll hear or see.. I’ve already had enough thing spoiled for me thanks to jerks..

I have an idea of what specs I plan on using though..
Mostly the 3 heavy armor classes get my interest the most
I’ve been wanting a condi guardian for a long time and also for my Revenant to get a second condi weapon to swap too even better a ranged one.. and despite all the crap Spellbreaker is getting I see a lot of potential in it and frankly I like the idea of a heavy armor rouge like class so i’m going to use it for sure.

The one’s i’m less keen on are Scourge and Weaver..
I love the Deathshroud mechanic so giving that up isn’t going to be easy.. I do have a theoretical condi build in mind for it though so i’m going to be trying it out..
Weaver on the other hand looks like the most confusing class I’ve ever seen in a mmo lol..
I’m not a good ele player.. I find the class hard to manage and confusing.. Weaver looks even harder and more confusing to get used to so I’ll probably stick with Tempest.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I’ll try Holosmith but I’m 90% sure I’ll keep my current “core” Engi build because I love it.

Posted by: Myrdreth.6829

Myrdreth.6829

Firebrand and weaver! My main class is a guardian and I adore her so much. And I LOVE books. Seeing the offensive and defensive tomes got me really hyped. But I am not sure if firebrand is better than dragonhunter(I like my longbow, thank you very much!). :P

My second favorite class is my elementalist. Dual attunement is a dream come true! Can’t wait to play that elite specialization.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Scourge is the one I want to try out the most, but several interest me. If I had to choose and order of what I find most interesting it would be:

1. Scourge
2. Soulbeast
3. Firebrand
4. Weaver
5. Mirage
6. Deadeye
7. Holosmith
8. Spellbreaker
9. Renegade

GWMO.4785

I’ve been wanting a condi guardian for a long time and also for my Revenant to get a second condi weapon to swap too even better a ranged one.. and despite all the crap Spellbreaker is getting I see a lot of potential in it and frankly I like the idea of a heavy armor rouge like class so i’m going to use it for sure

Kinda odd. So far as i have understood it. Spellbreaker rolls in a more supportive type of play, and shines in countering foes. Looks more like a powertype to me. As for Firebrand and Renegade. Those are diving into condition spec. So hopefully that will work out nicely. Axe/torch – x on Firebrand, and mace/axe – shortbow on Renegade looks pretty promising to me.

Firebrand and weaver! My main class is a guardian and I adore her so much. And I LOVE books. Seeing the offensive and defensive tomes got me really hyped. But I am not sure if firebrand is better than dragonhunter(I like my longbow, thank you very much!). :P

Ikr! Firebrand seems to give us more control in our condition output. So i’m guessing it will be a good condition dps spec. I enjoyed the bow on DH too, but if firebrand will be good, then i can easily make that swap.

Posted by: Myrdreth.6829

Myrdreth.6829

Ikr! Firebrand seems to give us more control in our condition output. So i’m guessing it will be a good condition dps spec. I enjoyed the bow on DH too, but if firebrand will be good, then i can easily make that swap.

Can’t wait to try out firebrand and then see which one I’ll like best

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

That’s all I need.

A True Assassin hmm??

A True Assassin wouldn’t be really about Dual Swords. What you want here is called a “Bladedancer” or eventually a “Skirmisher”

A “true” Assassin would be specialized all about Venoms, Traps and most likely would use either something unique like a Kusarigama (Chain Sickle), or would be specialized on Throing Weapons like Kunais, Shurikens, Chakrams and the like if you want to picture on more of a asian themed “Assassin” how we had them in GW1 based from Cantha and its Asian class design, if we want to follow them, how there existed already in GW1.
If Thieves wouldn’ be able to use already Dual Daggers, but instead Duals Swords, then basically would be Dual Daggers the choice of weapons for an Asssassin Specialization, as thats exactly what GW1 Assassins used – Dual Daggers.
Basically if Anet would make it possible to let the Assassin return, id say, Anet go for it, remove the Offhand Dagger from Core Thieves and replace it with Offhand Sword instead and use the Offhand Dagger then to bring back next the Assassin as third E-Spec.

But it will be most likely be ending the other way around, because if I learned from aet with the second set of E-Specs now one thing, then that ANet doesn’t hesitate on recycling also even already existing weapons that the core class can use, as recycled Offhand or Mainhand new weapons for E-Specs, as we do see that now with the Soulbeast (uh, still what a ridiculous name for a class) which got a weapon, that you can use as Ranger, the Dagger – now recycled for this E-Spec as Mainhand Weapon, instead of giving the Soulbeast E-Spec a new weapon, that would fit miuch better and would have shown, that anet can finally introduce also new weapon types – the Whip for example or Claws, which are about all weapons the most iconic and animalistic weapons that represent the feriocioness of wild beasts by attackign like a wild beast with your CLAWS (one may hope that claws eventually become maybe dagger reskins perhaps otherwise if that weapon type will never find its way into the game)

Basically said, there is no real “true” form of an Assassin, as therefore the term of assassin is already mixed too much between different cultures, as some peopel think about assasins beign the kind of “ninjas” from asian culture, other peopel think about assassins of beign more like masters of venoms that were more like mercenary headhunters kind of “sect/order” which killed for you anybody as long you payed them off good enough originatign from the more arabian culture and word “hashashin” and the kind of origin story and background they have hade, that gets depicted by kind the Assassins Creed games closely.

In fact, the Assassin ,would have fit imo for Path of Fire much better as new E-Spec, than the Deadeye does, lorewise if following the Assasins Creed type of Assassin-Example, best AC game in comparison currently for that is AC Origins which is kind of a prequel to the very first AC game, which plays in Egypt/Arabia around, as in regard of historical facts, is AC the closest game you will find in which you will find “true assassins” shown aside from the clichee ninja stuff you will mostly find everywhere otherwiese in MMORPGS

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I mainly play ele and necro, so Weaver and Scourge are the top two I’m looking at. After that, it’s Soulbeast and Mirage. And then…everything else. Although, Spellbreaker might make warrior mildly interesting to play. We’ll see.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

GWMO.4785

True assassin

Everyone has a different perspective of what an actual assassin is. One can say that they are using venoms with sneaky stealth attacks. While sniping from long range also counts legally as assassination. There is no right or wrong in that.

Posted by: Alanar.9854

Alanar.9854

Looking forward to trying something new with my ele. Might actually put the effort in to craft bolt eventually now.

Posted by: PzTnT.7198

PzTnT.7198

Soulbeast here i hope. But it depends on how it turns out, so hopefully it will fit my playstyle.

If you are reading this you have finished reading my post and are now reading my signature.