What kind of armor do you like?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jandopo.2107

Jandopo.2107

Ok, if we’re talking about style…

Heavy armor: I’d like to have more plate and “knight-ish” looking sets to choose.
Medium armor: I’m ok with ANet style on this category. Just more of the same =)
Light armor: I’d like to have at least 1 or 2 sets of “classic” looking wizard, with pointed hat and robe, just a bit more kitten.

Here some examples of my favourite types of heavy and light armors.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I find heavy armor to be much more difficult to work with than the other armor classes. I HATE seeing my character’s hindquarters, so that automatically rules out 90% of the leg armor selection. I hate large shoulder armor, so that rules out a significant chunk of the game’s shoulders. Basically, I tend to stick with armors that are intricate/ornate, have a sleek design to them, and pack, at a bare minimum, a “butt cape,” if not other flowing parts as well. That’s a really small selection, and finding a right mix-and-match combination to meet it is almost an exercise in futility.

I always liked human and charr t3 for heavy.

Posted by: Lucian.6504

Lucian.6504

The Most of the New Armor-Sets auch to much or over the top. To many effects on it. I like classic heavy armor simple but a wow moment when you see it. Some thing like this pictures. It would be perfect as a Beastslayer-set with a little bit arenanet flare.

Attachments:

(edited by Lucian.6504)

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

I hate gendered armor with an endless passion. Anything that looks impressive, practical and/or beautifully themed on a man should look exactly the same on a woman as well. And skimpy or frilly or fanciful stuff needs to look exactly the same on the dudes, too.

I’m also not fond of “MMO-y” armors, i.e. over-the-top impractical showy things like monstrous spikes or massive shoulderpads or smoke/glitter/flames everywhere. Armor should look like it actually protects my character, not like something that’d impale her as soon as she sneezes, scratches her nose, crouches or just turns her head a bit too far. Mind, I don’t mind some “special effects” if they fit an armor’s theme and don’t look like a health hazard. The glow on the ley-line armor for example is quite nice.

I’d absolutely kill for more (non-gendered) cultural gear, or just more gear that isn’t designed with humans in mind and look just “wrong” on charr or sylvari in particular. Less human frilliness, more norn-style furs and knotwork decor, for example.

For light armors, I’d like to see more proper pants, especially for women. For medium, the obvious answer is no more trenchcoats, please. And though I generally prefer full-cover armor, it’d be nice to have more options for charr, sylvari and I guess norn to show off their patterns/glows/tattoos (without the forced “sexiness” for female characters).