What new outfits would you like to see?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lyssia.4637

Lyssia.4637

I know a lot of people are disappointed and upset about the new outfit system; I can’t say I’m a huge fan myself. That said, the justification was that we would get new outfits quicker, so… in the spirit of accepting the inevitable gracefully, what new outfits would you like to see?

I’d love to see a fancy spring/summer outfit, to go with the fancy winter outfit.

A noble’s outfit; I’ve always rather fancied that black and red dress (think Emi, who hunts the boar in Queensdale), and I’d like to see something like that, to roleplay a higher class character in town.

I’d love to see Canthan and Elonan-inspired outfits, if they could think of a way to justify it in GW2.

What about you?

(Please, please don’t make this a referendum on how much you hate the new system. That dead horse is thoroughly beaten. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has been coveting more outfits since they started being released, though.)

Posted by: Sqwyt.5731

Sqwyt.5731

The GW1 costumes for sure. Besides, I would like to see more head/mask costume pieces, which we can use with our armor.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’d like to see Gwen’s armor from EotN, specifically the Deldrimor set.

Wonder if they would consider making her wedding dress an outfit… ponders

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I’d love to see more non-Gem Store armor. You know, stuff we could earn through playing the game.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Except I want blood dripping.

Attachments:

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I don’t really care much for what they are as long as they have a unique look.

I’ll buy the Mad King’s Outfit and Executioner’s Outfit as soon as they come back.

But something profession-specific would be awesome. I’d love to have an outfit that was based entirely around guardians or mesmers.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: WereScrib.7154

WereScrib.7154

I’d love to see more non-Gem Store armor. You know, stuff we could earn through playing the game.

PFfthaha. Fat chance that.

But as far as outfits… Lesse. I’d really like some of those full body NPC clothes we’ve seen around but can’t use.

Like the Charr NPC with the backpack and stuff.

I’d also like some just all around pleasant outfits. Dresses, regular people clothing. Maybe something based off icons of fantasy.

Like, honestly. Firiona Vie’s outfit. People may say she’s a copywrited image, but the fact is she’s been redrawn on dozens of fantasy novel covers with small recolors, and the new Firiona looks nothing like the old anyway. I dunno, I think there’s a place for cheesy sorceress garb.
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/17172/1393893-firionavie.jpg

Finally, what I’d really like is.. uh. cough Some armor/equpiment that looks…normal? Like I would kill for heavy armor that looked something more like the Knight/Elite Knight armor from Dark Souls.

Or perhaps something as adorable as a Big Hat Logan esque outfit.
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/1520/2391587-logan.jpg

But whatever it ends up as, we need allot less of ~this~.
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/gw2-rampart-heavy-armor-skin-sylvari-male.jpg

Seriously, I thought the Profane set was bad. What even.. WHAT?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

^^^^ this ^^^^

Also, loved that scar armor in GW!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I want to see the Tuxedo from GW1 making a comeback. Lord Faren would be jealous!

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

i love effect gear

something which does some ghost effects from time to time

also more sexy gear i love sexy gear yes iam that lonley

ice effect
more plant gear for sylvari
more tatoos for every race
more cyber gear
more scary feeling gear

i trust anets designer so far im happy with there designs

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

^^^^ this ^^^^

Also, loved that scar armor in GW!

What they said, plus my old favorite outfit (attached; prove to me why I think you didn’t convert some things is not really why you didn’t convert some things). Replace the witches boots with something the same size, but without a heal? And just kinda plain? Not too bulky, and not too small (much smaller than those).

Edit: Oh! And for the 4 dye channels, the shorts can be one color (or 2), shirt another (or 2) and last for the boots.

Plus what the human female armor repair NPCs where? It’s not all of them, but I recall one near where the TPs are where your character starts in Queensdale that has black overalls and a shortsleeve white shirt under it? I remember thinking way back when the game first came out that I’d probably be able to find that in the game.

There’s a dress that one of the two hunters that stalk the boar in Queensdale wears. That’s nice too.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sqwyt.5731

Sqwyt.5731

I want to see the Tuxedo from GW1 making a comeback. Lord Faren would be jealous!

Somethings which looks like it :p

Attachments:

Posted by: Spiral.3724

Spiral.3724

I agree with the OP, I’d love to have seasonal outfits. Spring clothes with rubber boots and bonnets, summer shorts and sleeveless shirts, fall overalls and raincoats. I don’t want to break the feel of the game, so no more modern outfits like boxing gloves.
I want fancy party dresses, ball gowns, tailcoats.
Wedding outfits! And veils and scarves.

Spiral Madheart – Level 80 Mesmer
The Wrong Crowd [bAd] Yak’s Bend

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

A shaman outfit

Posted by: serenitygirl.1967

serenitygirl.1967

Original GW armors would be wonderful! …And I imagine they wouldn’t have to do too much to make them happen. The concept art is already done.

More so with current NPC outfits.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

French Maid, Go-Go Dancer, Construction Worker, Fireman, and Rock Star.

Tell me you wouldn’t find a char in any one of those outfits hilarious.

Lyssia.4637

French Maid, Go-Go Dancer, Construction Worker, Fireman, and Rock Star.

Tell me you wouldn’t find a char in any one of those outfits hilarious.

I desperately need a char in a French Maid outfit now.

I’d forgotten about Gwen’s Deldrimor outfit, I second that. And I, too, think every game needs a wedding outfit, just because.

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

First I just want that they fix the bug with mesmers clones not wearing the outfits. You can clearly see who is the real mesmer.

But yeah, now that you can use the outfits in combat, I’d love to see more of them. More thematic outfits (like a clown outfit) would be very welcome!

Pumpkin – Mag

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Would love to see a risen skin. That would be awesome, especially if it change the movment animations to fit.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’d like all of the gw1 armor. Especially the mesmer armor. There was some very nice looks there.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Since we’re basically using the GW1 costume system now, bring back the god costumes.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Dirty barefoot adventuring overalls! So I can release my inner tomboy. I don’t ever see overalls in games, and they’re totally back in fashion!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Here’s the armor crafter look I was talking about. Though, not actually overalls. But easy to see where the shirt could be 2 channels (gloves match the vest channel), 1 for the legs, 1 for the boots, plus the embroidery, hems etc which don’t change.

Though, it would be nice to re-think the channels on the outfits and maybe go 6 total at least.

Attachments:

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

I’d like to see some more traditional RPG/fantasy gear. Robes for light armor, plate mail for heavy, and just any kind of variety for medium. Those poor guys/gals are stuck with very little options.

Any gear that is in general more masculine would be very nice. It feels like the vast majority of outfits in this game are feminine. They also seem very busy. Maybe take a more simplistic approach for the next series of armors they release.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

The thing is, I’d like there (personally) to be a distinction between Outfits and Armors. I don’t see the point in having outfits if they’re not ‘thinking outside the box’ and visually different from everything else in the game.

I’d like to see overalls and other ‘profession’ type outfits (like the cook outfit — although the cook outfit is similar to overalls, hence my suggested adjustments to make it more of its own thing). Maybe a scientist outfit, scholarly outfit, and other such outfits.

But yes, I’d love to see robes too. Queen Jennah is the only one that seems to have robes in the whole game. Maybe we can get that as an outfit (which should happen since they’ve imported other NPC specific apparel!)… Unfortunately, I don’t think robes are possible unless it’s an outfit, with the way their apparently extremely nit-picky armor system works.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’d like for all of the medium outfits from PVP to be made available for PVE as a good start. I’d also like a fishermans outfit, and possibly a farmers outfit. Outfits for jobs in the world. I’d also like numerous backpacks to be added to the game (LOTRO has 16) for every possible job as well (hunter had one with antlers and carving knife). And I’d love to be allowed to change the colors of the weapons/backpacks to match the colors we are using on armors. No more hobo sacks!

I’d also like wardrobe to be expanded so that we change the appearance of items only once per armor set when we are setting a look up, and can switch between a given number of outfits/armors with a click without having to buy new items to change the appearance every single time after the first use.

Again much like LOTRO and WoW.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Some outfits resembling tron would be legit! I’ve wanted those since release.

Attachments:

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

(edited by MightyMicah.7451)

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Well first of all, all of the PvP armor should come back (Tribal armor, hint hint). That is an absolute must!

Then, we can talk about other outfits and stuff. I think it’d be pretty nostalgic to see some more GW1 armor sets, especially in the medium category (since many people are kinda tired of trench coats). Personally, I’d love to see some of the Ritualist armor make it’s way into GW2, or at least it’d be cool to see more light armor sets inspired by GW1 Ritualists.

But as I said… Tribal armor is first and foremost and above all else. Need that first. Can’t say it enough. Need it… So yeah.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Somethings which looks like it :p

Which pants are those?

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

They could call it maybe “Heroes and Villains” Pack or something, Idk, but I think with outfits available they could make some outfits that wouldn’t really fit as armor – such as Queen Jennah’s dress, outfits of locals that we still haven’t seen, Shiro, The Lich, some other GW1 comebacks. I also think maybe outfits (alongside armors) might become prevalent in Living Story releases. Not only an associated heavy/medium/light armor set in future updates but also a costume as well.

Lyssia.4637

I’d love to see more profession-specific outfits as well. I’d love to see some lower-class, rag-style outfits to go with the fancier town outfits, also; I think it’d be fun to rp a begger in the streets on my lower-class thief’s days off from adventuring.

And I think we really need a good ninja assassin style outfit.