What now?

What now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sophie Lone.8576

Sophie Lone.8576

I am close to hitting my 500 hour mark on this game. It has been an amazing experience. I have lead a maxed player guild, leveled 2 characters to 80, and have spent many nights zerging in WvW. But now as I play, I feel a loss of progression with my character. I have all exotic gear and ascended gear and don’t know what else to work for other than a legendary which I don’t wanna grind just for cosmetic. So as for WvW I am set, but I wanna get more play time in PvE and all I ever do in PvE is daily and monthly. I see a lot of people farming for gold but whats the point in farming gold if you already have the best items in the game other than a legendary? Also, whats the point in fractals if you already have all ascended gear? I really just need a reason to keep playing where I feel I am progressing at something with out grinding for cosmetic only. Will I find that in Guild Wars 2? or should I move on to a different and only do the bi weekly content when it comes around? Also I don’t wanna craft ascended weapons cause I do not find them good looking.

What now?

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Find another game?

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

What now?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Play for the reason games were created…having fun?

What now?

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

World of Grinders is waiting for people like you
For us , gw2 players ascended is more.than enough

If you dont know what to do. , try tpvp : which requires true skill and, teamwork because wvw is about following a blue tag and atacking doors
With 100 million hp .

What now?

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

If you don’t have 100% World Map completion, get that.
Try out new Races/Classes and get those to level 80, fully geared, ect.
Max out Achievements that are available to you.
Write/Video about your experiences in-game, ect. to help out the less fortunate.
Get all the Dyes in the game, never know when they will become unavailable?
Get to a high rank in WvW
Get to a high level in Fractals
Even if its cosmetic, getting a shiny Legendary might break the boredom, ect.

Just don’t leave GW2 with the countless possibilities of new content and such.

Best of Luck!!!

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

What now?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

For actual progression, by the end of the year, there should be ascended armor to work towards and regular additions of new skills and traits.

What now?

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Someone asked me that last week when he finished leveling his first character. I quickly responded with “grind” …but then I said I was joking, there was plenty to do. I left it at that, because sadly what I really meant was… grind. I figured he’d figure it out himself, that my first answer was the correct one. He figured it out, hasn’t logged in for days now Well it wasn’t like we were just standing around, he got his level-up off of a temple assault, we did some JP’s just before that.

Used to be I’d suggest leveling another character, but with ascended gear here and more coming, I suggest against it. I’m really out of suggestions I guess. However, yes, WvW seems to still be an option, provided you focus on gearing one character. Personally though, I think they should set up a wvw locker system. Although it’s not easy to run with character detail levels at lowest settings and see anyone’s actual gear, but still it levels the gear stats.

What now?

Posted by: Sophie Lone.8576

Sophie Lone.8576

I have gotten into achievement collecting and also getting all crafting traits to 400 and some 500. Also found a great skin I want from Twilight Arbor so will be running that dungeon a lot now. Now I have Guild Wars fever again! haha thanks for all the replies

What now?

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

if you’re already loosing motivation after 500 hours you should maybe start searching for content in the right places.

What now?

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

My reasons for playing are the guild I’m in and the fact that I enjoy running dungeons and WvW for the intrinsic entertainment value, not the gold I make. Any gold gained is just a bonus.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

What now?

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

QQ on forum its fun.

What now?

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

QQ on forum its fun.

Holy cute cuddly kittens, THIS

I have never had so much fun with this game before, it’s like I’m finally starting to enjoy my purchase. My eyes are opened! The fun in the game were the forums all along!