What race you will play for new Class

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

If a new class were to be added down the road, and lets say, no new races were added, what race would you choose to play the new class with?

For me, after my experience with the races so far, Asura is my last choice, and male Norn sits at top next to Human as my main choice. leaning a bit towards Norn.

Whats yours?

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Well my go to races are usually Norn, Charr, followed by Human.

If we get some Shadow Knight Class as the Rytlock spoiler photos indicate then it might be a Charr then since I imagine Rytlocks Shadow Knight armor wouldn’t clip.

Knighthonor.4061

If we get some Shadow Knight Class as the Rytlock spoiler photos indicate then it might be a Charr then since I imagine Rytlocks Shadow Knight armor wouldn’t clip.

If we get this Reaper class, I will most likely go Norn—→Human—→Charr——>Sylvari—→
Asura

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

??? as the Rytlock spoilers indicate? Looks like a Ritualist blindfold to me… the shadow knight thing is so cliche and played out I highly doubt this is the case.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Probably Sylvari. They are my favorite race, hands down.

Oldirtbeard.9834

??? as the Rytlock spoilers indicate? Looks like a Ritualist blindfold to me… the shadow knight thing is so cliche and played out I highly doubt this is the case.

What is a Ritualist and do the wear heavy armor?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

What is a Ritualist and do the wear heavy armor?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ritualist
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_ritualist_skills

Light armor. They specialized in calling up spirits that attacked, protected by taking your damage, or healed, or they could use or give allies weapons. In Guild Wars 1 you could have a main profession and a secondary. So, the main could be a heavy armor profession with a light armor secondary. The armor you wear depends on your primary profession.

Attachments:

Oldirtbeard.9834

Would that mean Rytlock would come back controlling Ascolon ghosts?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

It’s not just Rytlock though. The fact that Trahearne and Marjory both use a greatsword now while they are necromancers is also used as ‘evidence’.

Personally I hope this speculation turns out to be wrong. I hope that instead it’s just a headpiece and an armor set or at most something like subclasses.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Sylvari, Human, Charr. one of those three. I have 2 norn and I dont play either one I just dont like their animations or stance. I like the voice acting the most but thats it. Asura just dont click with me, I like other peoples asuras but not mine.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Asura of course. You can never have enough asura!

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Tengu. period………………..

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I’d like to play Yoda

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I already have:
Norn (male and female)
Asura (male and felame)
Sylvari (male and female)
Human (female)
Charr (male)

Since the Charr male and female armor models are the same, I would make a male human.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Unsure.
Depends of what kind of class it will be.

If it is, as suspected, a soldier class, I might go with Charr though, since I love the cultural.
Otherwise it would be a Human, for the cultural.

Not sure about the gender though, since so far I am balanced with 4 male and 4 female…

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Since most of my characters see duty in offline RPG as well… human. I only keep a Sylvari and an Asura around because they are cute and cannot stand Norn or Charr.

If Tengu comes around I will play what I need to to unlock their personal story achieves and then delete.

Posted by: ViralVarda.2739

ViralVarda.2739

Probably human because then my armor would have the least chance of clipping

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Charr.

Charr are the Master race.
And then you make a female human so you actually can find armor for said profession.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Charr.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Greyrebel.7492

Greyrebel.7492

human ! or if any new race is coming well a human look race XD

We are one , and one is all

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Probably Norn. I originally planned on having two Norn characters, but ended up taking the elemenatlist slot with a third charr because I wanted to run through all of their personal story options.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Light armor. They specialized in calling up spirits that attacked, protected by taking your damage, or healed, or they could use or give allies weapons. In Guild Wars 1 you could have a main profession and a secondary. So, the main could be a heavy armor profession with a light armor secondary. The armor you wear depends on your primary profession.

Oh how I loved Guild Wars so much…

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

Hmmmm, honestly, it would depend on the armor class.

If heavy armor I already have a Norn, Human and Charr heavy, so I would go with Asura or Sylvari.

If medium, I have a Human, Asura, Charr, Sylvari, and Norn medium class, so it would depend on what exactly the class was for semi-RP purposes.

Light I have Human, Asura, Sylvari and Norn so it’d most likely be a Charr.

I prefer some races to others but I also want to eventually unlock all the cultural armor sooo, yeah that kind of locks me in.

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Norn is the only race I don’t have one of, so I’d probably make a Norn. Though, if it’s not a heavy profession, it would feel weird.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Belzebu.3912

I prefer some races to others but I also want to eventually unlock all the cultural armor sooo, yeah that kind of locks me in.

You don’t need to wear the cultural armor to unlock it, just right click and pick “add to wardrobe” or something like that.
I only have a human necro but I unlocked the light, medium and heavy T1 human sets.

Goose.8195

You don’t need to wear the cultural armor to unlock it, just right click and pick “add to wardrobe” or something like that.
I only have a human necro but I unlocked the light, medium and heavy T1 human sets.

While this is true, if you actually want the achievement you do have to put it on. I unlocked all of the skins on a character but it only gave me credit for the ones that I could actually wear towards “the emperor” achievement.

Belzebu.3912

Oh I see, then yea, go for it

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I would personally consider the class first and choose a race fitting xD
I have alot of humans though so it is probably going to be something else at least.

Otherwise, I believe there is a much higher chance that a new race would come rather than a new class.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

While this is true, if you actually want the achievement you do have to put it on. I unlocked all of the skins on a character but it only gave me credit for the ones that I could actually wear towards “the emperor” achievement.

That can’t be the case. I have credit for some of the Charr achievements, and my (only) Charr can’t even wear the T1 cultural yet, because he’s too low level.

Goose.8195

That can’t be the case. I have credit for some of the Charr achievements, and my (only) Charr can’t even wear the T1 cultural yet, because he’s too low level.

It happened with me. I blew a bunch of money while I was on my guardian. Bought all of the T1 and T2 human cultural armor before I noticed (thankfully not T3). Got credit for the “1,000 skins” achievement but only got credit for the cultural specific achievement that my Guardian could personally equip. Tried again with a different race (only a couple skins that time), and same thing happened. Maybe it counts if your character will have the ability to eventually equip the armor, but not if its a different armor class altogether. That being said I guess you could just make new characters, buy the skins and delete the character to get them all relatively quickly and easily. But that just seems like a waste to me.

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

If a new class were to be added down the road, and lets say, no new races were added, what race would you choose to play the new class with?

For me, after my experience with the races so far, Asura is my last choice, and male Norn sits at top next to Human as my main choice. leaning a bit towards Norn.

Whats yours?

hhmmm, that’s a tough question. I’ve got humans done (one of each armor weight) and the norns closely look like humans so I can rule them out too.
It really depends on the weight class.
Since the new class would more than likely be heavy, then I would go with Sylvari since I already have two in the other weight classes.
If the new class is light, then I’d select Charr
If the new class is medium then I’d select Asura.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Firstly let’s see the new profession happen. So far it’s lotsa theories, little proof to back that suspicion up.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I have that achievement and all i needed to do was buy them, they are soulbound on acquire.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Genreally, I prefer Sylvari. But it really depends on the class.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Would that mean Rytlock would come back controlling Ascolon ghosts?

My mind has latched onto that idea and it’s trying to run away with it. Sadly, I have to stop it because I don’t want to get my hopes up.

CMM.6712

Firstly let’s see the new profession happen. So far it’s lotsa theories, little proof to back that suspicion up.

Exactly. OP’s posts tend to blur the line between reality and not reality at times. Can’t have people expecting something that may not happen, or may not happen in this time frame or whatever.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I would say it’s more a blindfold like the one Kormir was wearing in Nightfall and she was a Paragon. Also, I don’t think a blindfold heralds a signal of a new class at all. It just let’s the players know that Rytlock is blind.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Goose.8195

I have that achievement and all i needed to do was buy them, they are soulbound on acquire.

How long ago did you complete it? I tried this pretty recently and it did not give me credit for the culturals that my character could not physically wear. I will try again tonight and see what happens.

(edited by Goose.8195)

Knighthonor.4061

Exactly. OP’s posts tend to blur the line between reality and not reality at times. Can’t have people expecting something that may not happen, or may not happen in this time frame or whatever.

Didn’t say it will, but if we do get a new classes in the future, it would be a decision people will have to make. I don’t like race changing once I make a character. I rarely customize characters post creation in any MMO besides gear and gameplay mechanics.

So it made me think about what I would play for a new class in GW2.
I have two charrs already. Tired of them. Yeah they have their moments, but Norn grew on me. I didn’t like them at first in beta. My first character in beta was a Norn Guardian. It turned me off so much I went human for my guardian.

CMM.6712

Didn’t say it will, but if we do get a new classes in the future, it would be a decision people will have to make. I don’t like race changing once I make a character. I rarely customize characters post creation in any MMO besides gear and gameplay mechanics.

So it made me think about what I would play for a new class in GW2.
I have two charrs already. Tired of them. Yeah they have their moments, but Norn grew on me. I didn’t like them at first in beta. My first character in beta was a Norn Guardian. It turned me off so much I went human for my guardian.

I understand where you are coming from, but some forumites take a post or thread title and then start the whole expecting thing. Then when it doesn’t happen (or won’t yet… we never know) there is a poopstorm.

Having said all that I don’t know which race I would try, so far I am not very fond of Charr and Norn, they seem big and bulky and plodding to me. Sylvari ehh ok, Asura thief was fun and seemed to feel the opposite of the Charr and Norn, almost speedy really. My main and main alts are all human, with a nod to GW1 for that.

As far as a new race I have no idea what race that could be brought in, I like the idea of playable Margonites or Mursaat but they don’t seem likely.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Azren i guess its the only races i not played. Mind you my char is only level 47 but i see no need to have a repeat races.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Trevor Bennett

Trevor Bennett

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Well, since I’ve already done 3 Asura master-race. I’d probably have to go with a Human. I haven’t done join the circus yet, and I hear it’s pretty good, so I’d have to check that out.

Knighthonor.4061

Well, since I’ve already done 3 Asura master-race. I’d probably have to go with a Human. I haven’t done join the circus yet, and I hear it’s pretty good, so I’d have to check that out.

I can’t stand Asura. I can’t see my armor…
Sorry fashion is important to me. But I am kind of struggling between Norn and Human.

I hate the run speed animation of Norn, but I like the Buffness of them. But I also feel human feel more smooth with their run animation. But they not as buff and cool looking in combat.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

… should make it 4 Asura, I mean you already know it’s the master-race

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m hoping that if a new class is added, a new race will be added at the same time. That way I can play a <new race> version of <new class>.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

Tauren…. Kappa

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Personally before I make any character I see what I can do style wise in the wardrobe.

I haven’t found any male human looks for any armor type that I really like. Some decent ones but nothing I really like. That’s why it’s one of two race/gender combos I don’t have, just Human Male and Charr Female, everything else is covered, with multiple Asura’s of course

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Asura…all the way….

Probably, lol.

Posted by: FancyMrB.1498

FancyMrB.1498

IF a new class were to happen I would make it a Norn, Asura, or Charr

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

If a new heavy class is added, I’ve got to go Human Male.

There’s some great heavy human cultural armor I’m missing out on right now.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.