What race you will play for new Class

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Sylvari. They’re my favorite race so far… though if the new profession is a heavy, I might go human just because I really like human T2 heavy.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: C Gunner.9406

C Gunner.9406

All my characters are Asuran, so Asuran

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

next one i make is a heavy… most likely a guardian…and i wait only for rytlocks new armor to create the new char( r ). Got everything prepared… level tomes, experience scrolls, skill point scrolls, armor (for stats) and pretty weapons…also ascended weapon boxes and infused backpiece, also rings and trinkets bought with laurels and fractal relics and a makeover kit for exclusive hairdo and stuff. She´s gonna be 80 and fully equipped in less then 1 hour. Only reason i didnt prepare the char just yet is that i dont got the armor to match everything. So bring it on a-net… better gimme the new armor soon…even bought a bulk of gems AND i got a weapon ticket ready just in case..

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Personally before I make any character I see what I can do style wise in the wardrobe.

I haven’t found any male human looks for any armor type that I really like. Some decent ones but nothing I really like. That’s why it’s one of two race/gender combos I don’t have, just Human Male and Charr Female, everything else is covered, with multiple Asura’s of course

I am glad I do t have to go through all that. I play Male on my characters.
:-)
:-)

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I prefer some races to others but I also want to eventually unlock all the cultural armor sooo, yeah that kind of locks me in.

You don’t need to wear the cultural armor to unlock it, just right click and pick “add to wardrobe” or something like that.
I only have a human necro but I unlocked the light, medium and heavy T1 human sets.

While this is true, if you actually want the achievement you do have to put it on. I unlocked all of the skins on a character but it only gave me credit for the ones that I could actually wear towards “the emperor” achievement.

I have that achievement and all i needed to do was buy them, they are soulbound on acquire.

How long ago did you complete it? I tried this pretty recently and it did not give me credit for the culturals that my character could not physically wear. I will try again tonight and see what happens.

It was before the wardrobe. I never had a light profession for charr, so i definitely know i only bought all the sets on one profession. If it changed , it might just be bugged. It’s be pretty ridiculous to have to have each weight class for each race just to get that title.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I think I only have Sylvari and Asura… and one Charr.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I’m a big fan of the salads, but I do have 3 now.

I’m also a big norn fan, so likely a norn. It would depend on the class though. If it was a “heavy” class or some sort of magical/spiritual class I would go norn. If we got another agile class though, maybe sylvari or human.

Female, of course!

| Lithia |

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Heavy = norn

Human = medium

I don’t play light, sylvari, or asura.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It depends on what the new profession is. The way I make my characters is to take a starting point, which in this case would be the profession, and then build a personality, look and backstory around it.

For example I made my thief a charr because I thought the ash legion was a good fit for a thief, I made my engineer a norn because I could make up a more interesting backstory than with any of the other races (short version: her parents did not approve).

But in the absence of that key bit of information sylvari is most likely because they’re my favourite race, and I particularly like the range of different colours available which makes it easier to have multiples that still look significantly different.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Currently I have 2 Humans, 2 Sylvari, 3 Asura, 1 Charr and 1 Norn so I guess my next character, if a new class was added would be a norn or a Charr.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: ofLegends.9853

ofLegends.9853

Charr are my favorite, followed by norn.

But I get a little OCD about having, for example, 5 charr and 3 norn, and none of the other races. What I do is create an equal amount of each race, and definitely not more than one of the same armor type.

So, I guess whatever race I have least of, that doesn’t already use the armor type of the new class.

— Former engi main | Bring back my Power Rifle Grenadier!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OWwwqPxDI

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Interesting. A “new class” thread pops up, and a gameplay programmer responds with how he’d play it. Combine this with the PAX announcement speculation, and what do you get?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Interesting. A “new class” thread pops up, and a gameplay programmer responds with how he’d play it. Combine this with the PAX announcement speculation, and what do you get?

Players wildly speculating, some players taking other players speculation as fact, then complaining when the speculation doesn’t happen?

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

The PAX-announcement will be the biggest in GW2 history. Wouldn’t hire biggest theatre and cba to get game lead there for nothing.

Gameplay programmers doesn’t post curiosity like that very often, it is usually done by the communication staff. And why would he out of all devs post here, if he wasn’t involved in and closely kept watch of the topic? That involvement is probably “programmer of race and class gameplay” btw.

Posted by: Trevor Bennett

Previous

Trevor Bennett

Gameplay Programmer

The PAX-announcement will be the biggest in GW2 history. Wouldn’t hire biggest theatre and cba to get game lead there for nothing.

Gameplay programmers doesn’t post curiosity like that very often, it is usually done by the communication staff. And why would he out of all devs post here, if he wasn’t involved in and closely kept watch of the topic? That involvement is probably “programmer of race and class gameplay” btw.

:p They’re trying to get us more involved in the forums. I was just looking for an excuse to talk about Asura Master-Race

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

:p They’re trying to get us more involved in the forums. I was just looking for an excuse to talk about Asura Master-Race

I was just thinking about that.
Recently i saw a couple of posts by Devs that more or less seemed to look like a player post.
Its a nice thing, in my opinion because at the end of the day you are players as well.
However, this example shows how hard it must be for you guys to just post from a player perspective.
It certainly seems hard for some forum users to make that distinction, wether you post as a player or as a Dev.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Asura

Posted by: myself.2143

myself.2143

A big bag of nothing. Because speculation is just that: nothing.

As the saying I heard in Rata Sum goes, “Don’t count your Proto-element powered mechano chickens before they hop off the assembly line.”

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

FWIW, I totally got what you meant and was amused.

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

asura for me – i only have one and its a guardian

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: myself.2143

myself.2143

Quaggan of course!!!!

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Well, since I’ve already done 3 Asura master-race.

That isn’t how you spell Charr. Silly.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Maybe Norn next time. Depends.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Well, since I’ve already done 3 Asura master-race. I’d probably have to go with a Human. I haven’t done join the circus yet, and I hear it’s pretty good, so I’d have to check that out.

WHAT a red post that isnt an automated “behave yourselves” message?

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

So far, i use exclusively the master race, and hence if a new class were added, i would probably still play the master race.

Well, since I’ve already done 3 Asura master-race. I’d probably have to go with a Human. I haven’t done join the circus yet, and I hear it’s pretty good, so I’d have to check that out.

It’s been a while since the forums have felt like this – there’s a few dedicated arenanet employees going around now, who very much interact with and listen to the community. Take a peek around the CDI, for example.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Personally, I’m inclined to think that Marjory getting a greatsword is more likely to herald necromancers getting greatswords than a new necromancer-like martial profession.

That said, if a new class were to come up…

It depends a lot on what that new profession is, but assuming that nothing about the hypothetical new profession pushes me elsewhere (and that it doesn’t come with a new race as well – hello tengu!) I’m probably inclined to go with asura. Reasons being:

1) It’s one of two races I don’t have two of already (the other is norn).

2) My existing asura is a necromancer, and can rarely fit racial skills into the build (I run asura golems when not using a minion build, but I’m aware when doing so that even on a minion build, running a permanent flesh golem is probably more efficient than summoning temporary golems). It’d be nice to have something with which I can use racial skills a little more freely.

I was just thinking about that.
Recently i saw a couple of posts by Devs that more or less seemed to look like a player post.
Its a nice thing, in my opinion because at the end of the day you are players as well.
However, this example shows how hard it must be for you guys to just post from a player perspective.
It certainly seems hard for some forum users to make that distinction, wether you post as a player or as a Dev.

That’s pretty much what I was thinking. Speaking from experience in closed betas, it’s an… interesting experience responding to people in a public forum while second-guessing everything you say to avoid letting slip something you shouldn’t.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Well, since I’ve already done 3 Asura master-race.

That isn’t how you spell Charr. Silly.

Exactly.

Besides, it will be probably another Charr. Overlord race.

Unless they add Tengu. Oh, I would love to play Tengu. Saved one character slot for Tengu Thief, but if they add new profession, dunno….

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Depends what kind of class it is, but I would gladly create Human, Norn or/and Sylvari for the new class since they’re my favorites

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Not to be nasty but… if they have to try to get you more involved with your customers…

Nice to see you anyway!

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

For me, if I can pull myself away from another human, it would heavily depend on what the new Profession was. If it was a ritualist type profession I would be tempted with a Sylvari. If it was some kind of shadow knight I may go Charr.

Chances are though I will probably um and ar about it for a while then choose human

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

I would go for the charr if some sort of “Reaper” class were to be introduced, and if they were to fix some charrs armor…clipping and the abnoraml helmets…But otherwise I would go Human/Sylvari, kinda of torn on that part.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’m not making any more new characters until I can make a tengu of the third Soldier class profession.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

I’d probably play Sylvari with a new class. I would use all of my newfound powers to hunt down Mordremoth and slay its minions in the Living Story!

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

So far, i use exclusively the master race, and hence if a new class were added, i would probably still play the master race.

It’s been a while since the forums have felt like this – there’s a few dedicated arenanet employees going around now, who very much interact with and listen to the community. Take a peek around the CDI, for example.

take a peek into WvW and class forums you know actual gameplay segments 90% of the community has a direct use for.

Knighthonor.4061

Well many people said they couldn’t make a decision without knowing what the class was. Well here you are.
The Revenant
Has been revealed….

What race will you play for it?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I have a Norn and an Asura ready to go. Level 4 and 2 respectively at the moment so it wont be such a hassle to reroll them.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Knighthonor.4061

I am surprised I only have a 1 human. But kind of scared to make a human for new class, because I got attached to the Norn after a while.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

There’s more than enough people who prefer to play human. Stick to your Norn, I say.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Well, I have all races and genders covered except for female human and female sylvari, and as my human male is already a heavy (cultural armour considerations here) I will go a female Sylvari. I am sure that will go down well.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Most likely a Charr for the Revenant. I have a severe love for Charr so of course it’d be one for me. Doesn’t help that I have a massive love/crush for Rhytlock, he’s such a sweetheart. <3

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

Tengu

Please Anet, they’re the only thing missing from this reveal. We want playable Tengu!

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Norn’s the only race I’m missing so I’ll go with that. Would much prefer asura, though, because I love their animations.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I…think I’ll wait.

Not because I’m disappointed no new race, but currently involved with rerolling my Thief and miiiight finally get a Guardian to max. I still haven’t rolled a Necro either and I’d like to…we’ll see if there’s some compelling content to make me want to start another character from scratch. I’ll have to deal with a lot of Revenants when I do lol

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Norn of course!

Posted by: Julian.3791

Julian.3791

All depends on what weapons they can use. I like asuras but their weapons are tiiiiiiny!

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Hrrmn. Currently, I have male and female each of sylvari, charr, and human, the latter two of each both have a heavily armoured profession already. While I had been thinking asura by default… the revenant really feels most appropriate as a human or norn, and I already have a heavily armoured human, so it’s probably going to be norn.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Charr! Charr Revenant! I might consider a sylvari though.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’ll be playing on Skritt of course, Anet just forgot to tell us that Skritt will be a new playable race as well.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Charr! Charr Revenant! I might consider a sylvari though.

Charr is the master race.