What's Living World Season 2 Complete Pack?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kiehlon.6405

Kiehlon.6405

hey guys, i was looking at black lion trading and show this item i have never seen before.

Living World Season 2 Complete Pack….

What is it?

does it give out good gears or good looking gear? (i hope it gives out wings..)

can somebody tell me what it does ??

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s all of the Living World Season 2 chapters in a bundle. No, it doesn’t give out wings. It gives you the chapters to complete, as well as the achievements (and you get rewards for finishing them).

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

It allows you to play all of the Season 2 episodes and its achievements.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Kiehlon.6405

ohh isee….. what achivements does it give and what rewards r they? good ones?

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

there are alot of rewards. However, Challenge motes are broken so you can’t complete the achievements. Armor, Ascended trinkets, alot or AP’s too

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

The rewards are okay. They give lots of champ boxes and you get the chance to make mawdrey, which is an ascended backpiece and gives you item that lets you eat up bloodstone dust and spit out bags of loot.

Kiehlon.6405

lol wow okay…. so ishopuld wait until the bug gets fixed..

RoseofGilead.8907

The bug is fixed and the pack is good to go now.

Thanks for waiting.

The challenge motes are fixed? For real? If so, awesome!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thanks for waiting.

So sorry, my communication was poor there. The issue that prevented the sale of the Series 2 Complete Pack was resolved, so it can be sold again. The challenge motes issue is still under investigation.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Ehh why is this not free? I missed that season so now everything is going to be pay to play?

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Ehh why is this not free? I missed that season so now everything is going to be pay to play?

The game and expansions are buy to play and after that you can play that content for free without needing a subscription unlike other games. The Living Story is free during the time of its release which tends to be about two weeks.

It’s just access to the instances that are locked behind payments and anything that relies on the optional LS instance achievements. You can still experience the story completely if you join a friend that has access. All of the open world content has been free to all players so far.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Thanks for waiting.

So sorry, my communication was poor there. The issue that prevented the sale of the Series 2 Complete Pack was resolved, so it can be sold again. The challenge motes issue is still under investigation.

Can someone explain to me why everyone, including devs, keep typing “challenge mote(s)”? In that other thread, it’s even in the title like that. Wouldn’t it have to be “challenge mode(s)”? Because that’s what it is… a mode that’s more challenging. A mote is a word too (had to look that one up in the dictionary), but it’s related to dust.

I’m not a native english speaker, so it REALLY confuses me that everyone, half of them probably native english speakers, writes “mote” instead of “mode”… o.o

RoseofGilead.8907

Can someone explain to me why everyone, including devs, keep typing “challenge mote(s)”? In that other thread, it’s even in the title like that. Wouldn’t it have to be “challenge mode(s)”? Because that’s what it is… a mode that’s more challenging. A mote is a word too (had to look that one up in the dictionary), but it’s related to dust.

I’m not a native english speaker, so it REALLY confuses me that everyone, half of them probably native english speakers, writes “mote” instead of “mode”… o.o

Mote: a tiny piece of substance

There are challenge motes, small bright lights, that players interact with to start “challenge modes” in particular living story chapters. They’re (the items we interact with) called challenge motes. So, it’s not a case of us using “mote” when we mean “mode”. :p

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

It’s free if you logged in during the time of the chapter’s lifecycle, and still is if you don’t care for the achievements and ascended jewelry. Mawdrey (back) the stats are selectable, and if I remember right the jewelry is Pow/Prec/Cond & Tough/Vit/Healing.

If you just want to play through the story have a friend/guildy that has completed LS2 take you through it.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Patrick.5268

Patrick.5268

Will season 2 living world stories be closed in the future (e.g. after HoT expansion) like season 1?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Will season 2 living world stories be closed in the future (e.g. after HoT expansion) like season 1?

No, once unlocked, they are permanently available.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Mote: a tiny piece of substance

There are challenge motes, small bright lights, that players interact with to start “challenge modes” in particular living story chapters. They’re (the items we interact with) called challenge motes. So, it’s not a case of us using “mote” when we mean “mode”. :p

…riiiight. I was kinda guessing that might be the case… but only this morning, when still laying in bed and feeling too lazy to get up… when my mind drifted to this thread and the post I had made. xD

And then I’d have thought those things might be called orbs or something. Then again; I think I’ve probably not even seen them yet, because I’ve not actually done any of the challenge modes yet… gotta do that someday, though. And I know it’s gonna be fun, buuuut… so many other things I want to do as well (ingame as well as irl). ^^

Thanks for clarification!

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

there are alot of rewards. However, Challenge motes are broken so you can’t complete the achievements. Armor, Ascended trinkets, alot or AP’s too

Challenge motes aren’t 100% broken. They work sometimes, and don’t work sometimes. The achievements can definitely be completed, but if you’re unlucky, you may have to suffer through a lot of frustration first.

Posted by: Cyvil.1605

Cyvil.1605

Would this be a reason that I can’t find where to start Episode 2? I purchased this recently, and have absolutely no idea as to where to go. I participated in a DE that blocked the path to the portal in Brisban, after that…..nothing.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You may have to set your Journal to the Living Story Episode you wish to participate in. You can access the Journal by clicking ‘H’, and then ‘Journal/Living Story’, I believe.

Good luck.

Posted by: Cyvil.1605

Cyvil.1605

I have “Gates if Maguuma Episode” tracked in the upper right hand corner of my screen. Progress 0%. Is the the journal you are speaking of?

Nevermind, I found it.

Just returning to the game, that tip would have been nice to have along with the purchase confirmation email.

(edited by Cyvil.1605)