What's a good JP to park my alts at?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Hey so I have a lot of alts and don’t get around to playing each of them a lot, so what I’ve been doing is parking them at the Aetherblade Jumping Puzzle to get Blade Shards for the ascended back piece.

But now I have enough blade shards and don’t need to keep collecting more each day, so I’m wondering if there are other JPs people know of that give you worthwhile items on top of the random blues/greens you get each time.

My bored alts need a new chest to daily up!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

all of them pick one

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Certain JPs give more Empyreal Fragments than others. Other than that, the reward is the same for all JPs.

If you’ve got a mesmer I’d recommend parking him to the Not So Secret JP and selling portals to people everytime you log in (via the LFG tool). You can earn very nice amounts of gold by doing so.

One – Piken Square

Mo Mo.1947

oh I’ve been porting people for free when I log in. :P Maybe I should be more greedy? O.o

@Tom Gore would you say the JPs in the higher level areas give more fragments?

Also can’t precursors drop from JPs? Is it the same for all of them?

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

oh I’ve been porting people for free when I log in. :P Maybe I should be more greedy? O.o

@Tom Gore would you say the JPs in the higher level areas give more fragments?

Also can’t precursors drop from JPs? Is it the same for all of them?

Fragment drop amount is not dependant on the area of the level. For example, the three JPs in Caledon forest all give the highest possible amount of fragments. Precursors can drop from any loot drop that drops weapons. There is no difference where it drops from, but obviously low level areas drop lvl 80 weapons less often.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

All jumping puzzle and open world reward chests have 2-9 empyreal fragments in them. I don’t believe if there’s any further breakdown based on location or difficulty.

Aetherblade JP is the only one I know of that gives additional rewards, the blade shards. I don’t know if it matters to you but to get all 3 spinal blade skins you need to make the backpack 3 times.

As for tips, some people sell ports, others just say tips are welcome. It’s been my impression that mesmers are typically well tipped. Some people won’t, others will with a few silver, but a fair amount will tip with gold. I think you’ll get more from tips than selling the port.

One important distinction if you weren’t aware of it is doubloons. Silver doubloons only drop for lv 21-26 characters and they sell for quit a bit on the TP. They also have a fairly high drop rate in JPs from what I’ve been told. You might want to consider having your alts be in that level range.

Hope that helps.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

All jumping puzzle and open world reward chests have 2-9 empyreal fragments in them. I don’t believe if there’s any further breakdown based on location or difficulty.

It does break down more than that. Some jumping puzzles only give 2-4 Empyreal Fragments, while other jumping puzzles give 6-9 Empyreal Fragments. There are none that give 5.

All four JPs in Caledon Forest give 6-9 Fragments. In Lion’s Arch, Urmaug’s Secret gives 2-4, but the pirate JP gives 6-9.

Mo Mo.1947

Well a lot of my alts are in the 21-26 range. I’ve been getting the silver doubloons from time to time, but as people have become more aware of getting doubloons from JP chests I’ve noticed a big drop in the frequency of doubloons so I’m almost not thinking about them anymore.

I noticed a drop in frequency when Wintersday started and now they are even less frequent.

I didn’t think about getting more than one spinal blade packs. Given how much those core things cost I’ll hold off on that ambition for now. :P

Thanks all for the info!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well a lot of my alts are in the 21-26 range. I’ve been getting the silver doubloons from time to time, but as people have become more aware of getting doubloons from JP chests I’ve noticed a big drop in the frequency of doubloons so I’m almost not thinking about them anymore.

If you are going for the doubloons, try the pirate JP in LA. It has two upgrade drop slots, compared to one in most other JPs.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November