What's an "infracted post"?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

I keep getting PMs saying one message of mine “has been infracted” (usually because I like to humor certain posters on this forum).

But what’s the “infraction” exactly? Is it a counter that leads to ban? Or just a notice the message for ANET was not enough / too much “something” for their taste?

Of course I tried to contact them via mail “for more info” but they never replied so far.

Posted by: alfista.6094

alfista.6094

As i understand it’s a “mark” on your profile. So in future when you do something bad it’s easier to decide what to do with you :P

So, if they see a ton of infractions on your profile you get a ban, if not, it’s a warning.

But that’s just how i understand it.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

To add to alfista’s post, we dont really know much more. The support reps never go into details. I’ve had a fair amount of infractions, simply because i contradict what the reps have said and reference them to old posts to prove that im not wrong.

The posts get deleted, the thread locked and i get infracted.

Posted by: Detahmaio.2014

Detahmaio.2014

I find it funny they go infract/lock crazy without a proper response system. Not a warning or anything of that nature just bam delete/lock or infraction.

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

What I can’t understand is that sometimes there are really no choices than 1 answer and that answer is not allowed.
IE one time a guy asked for a change in a class.
I replied “I agree” and that for the mods is enough to grant an infraction.

So, am I going to get banned because one day I replied “I agree” to one post?

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

An infraction is delivered when your posts/threads are against our forum code of conduct, repeated offenses can lead to forum suspension/account termination, if you have any further questions, please send an e-mail to forum@arena.net.

Thank you.