What's in the Arid Dusty Satchel?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Title says it: what exactly is in the Arid Dusty Satchel? I’ve got the first components to make the Mysterious Vine from the Dragon’s Reach: Part 1, the first step back item to get to Mawdrey, but not much else. Does the Arid Dusty Satchel skip past the steps to get to Mawdrey?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The range of items is quite small considering the enormous list for Scarlets Memories

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

It’s incomplete since the list is made from players self-reporting thier drops.

It seems many more players are taking the scarlet box than the dusty satchel so it has more of a list filled out. There are likely more valuable drops in it that are on par with the rare drops from the scarlet box, but either nobody has gotten one yet, or those that have have not reported them.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Id be very interested to know the fossils are in it in which case

Posted by: Viledoom.7203

Viledoom.7203

I opened one satchel and all I got was some empyreal fragments and geodes.

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

When this was data-mined I was hoping there would finally be an alternative to running Fractals for the Bloodstone feeder, but nope (assuming that list is accurate), it’s just a cheap bag of Silverwastes crap.

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Opps, I should have checked for that!

When this was data-mined I was hoping there would finally be an alternative to running Fractals for the Bloodstone feeder, but nope (assuming that list is accurate), it’s just a cheap bag of Silverwastes crap.

Yeah, I was hoping for stuff like that too. I don’t like Fractals and don’t run them myself.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yep, same here.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Darasv.3601

Darasv.3601

i’ve gotten a fossilized insect from the arad satchel

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I got tokens and blood stone dust. Aka junk.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I do not like fractal at all. But not too hard or much time to get mist stone for mawdrey. Do scale 1 fractal a day for 5 day. Less if do it on day when 1-10 fractal is daily because get an extra pristine relic. Scale 1 if you make group take about 30-40 minutes less if good group.

I say I do not like fractal but it did give some other thing to do I do not usually do for a few day. Also not rush because other mawdrey item take time too like plant food can only make 1 a day.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Just trash really, not worth the time.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

the scarlet memory box also contains trash, unless you’re lucky. The OP’s question (and mine) is: what else drops from these boxes? It can’t be just the short list currently on the wiki, given it costs the same as the Scarlet version. (OK, I suppose, given ANet Consistency™, its loot list could be less than 1/8 the length of the Scarlet box; it just seems improbable.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

the scarlet memory box also contains trash, unless you’re lucky. The OP’s question (and mine) is: what else drops from these boxes? It can’t be just the short list currently on the wiki, given it costs the same as the Scarlet version. (OK, I suppose, given ANet Consistency™, its loot list could be less than 1/8 the length of the Scarlet box; it just seems improbable.)

If it lives up to its description everything listed at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mawdrey#Recursive_cost_and_materials should be in there as well. that would be a fairly long list.