What's still worth salvaging?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Luvok.5697

Luvok.5697

With the changes to salvaging what’s still worth salvaging and what’s worth selling?

I feel like I get very little after I salvage the loot I used to after a boss kill.

Posted by: Killua.8041

Killua.8041

I use master salvage on yellows, normal savage on whites, sell blues to the npcs and put greens in the mystic toilet.

O Killua O – Asura Mesmer | Killuas – Asura Engineer
Bookah Protector – Asura Guardian | Trapped Spirit – Asura Necromancer

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Like the Risen say, “Kill everything”.

BLSK on exotics, mystic on rares, salvage-o-matic on everything else, forge the runes.

The only exception would be level 80 rare greatswords and the more expensive exotics.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I salvage just about everything. I’m to lazy to really pay attention if it’s worth it or not. TP yellow runes and vendor green.

I have enough silk to blanket the sky.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Everything.

Not worth my time determining what should or shouldn’t be salvage other than a cursory look at what they sell for on the TP and then it’s usually only a few rare and exotic drops that shouldn’t be salvaged.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

Yeah I salvage it all pretty much too.

Then every few months / year – I go through a big purge of my mats and sell it all off to bump up my gold.

Is this profitable? Probably not. But it gets me enough gold to pay the mapping and repair bill fees…

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I pretty much salvage everything. Exotics of decent sell value are the only thing I don’t salvage. Exotics only come about 1 every 200 hours anyways.

Posted by: Luvok.5697

Luvok.5697

Is it worth using the better than basic salvage kits on non-rare items?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I sell greens, basic salvage blues (they don’t create Runes/Sigils to fill my inventory), master salvage some rares and forge others. I save Exotics to kit out alts, or to forge them later.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

even with the salvage changes, with the amount of loot I am getting, I haven’t noticed a difference

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I still am sitting on about 150% magic find, so I salvage every single thing but Rares which go on tp

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Its bizarre. Last night claw kill I got 3 rares, which all salvaged to 1 mithral each and one rune out of the 3. Master kit, BLK is too expensive for the results I am now getting. 0 ecto. 0 luck.

This is happening fairly often. Last night I just had 3 in a row. Interesting too is the login “exotic” box gave me a rare.. also salvaged to 1 mithral, nothing else. Spears seem most prone to salvage poorly.

anecdotal yadda yadda.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

With the changes to salvaging what’s still worth salvaging and what’s worth selling?

I feel like I get very little after I salvage the loot I used to after a boss kill.

I still salvage pretty much everything. I sell rares worth more than ecto+major rune+tp fees, on the tp. I vendor green salvaged runes. Exotics it’s case by case. Doing that I’m able to clear my bags quick and don’t need to hit vendor often.

For me it just comes down to more of a convenience thing. I’ve seen guides where people had all kinds of complicated strategies for getting the most out of every single peice of salvageable good. Seemed like it took more effort than it was worth, when i could instead be using that time out in the world, playing and earning.