What's the Stupidest Thing You've Ever Done

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PsiKobe.1593

PsiKobe.1593

I remember that while clearing out my backpack, I accidentally salvaged a precursor a while ago. I was wondering wha kinda things the rest of you have done

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Oh yea, I salvaged a precursor the first year I was playing, too. About 5 minutes after I did it I was like…..oh no, no, no…..lol

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

When key farming was unlimited, deleted a farming toon while he had 10 BL keys on him.

Telling this for a friend…

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I was trying to refine a bunch of wood into planks to make room in my bank, when I accidentally crafted a bunch of dowels instead. I ended up making almost a whole stack before I noticed the mistake. Of course, there’s no slot in the bank to store them, but even worse at the time the dowels were worth considerably less than the raw mats I used up. Fortunately, I was able to unload them via a sell order on the TP, albeit for a loss.

What’s worse, is that I’ve actually done that same mistake more than once, but thankfully, on the other times it happened, I noticed the error and cancelled it after making just a few.

I really wish there was a way to disable certain refining options to avoid accidentally clicking on the wrong choice.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

I bound TeamSpeak push-to-talk to 1 on the number pad. While chatting to a guild mate, I tried to instantly sell a 2s rune, and wasn’t really paying attention to the screen. I accidentally listed it for 1111g 11s 11c, and ended up paying over 50g as a listing fee.

I don’t use push-to-talk any more.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

crafting light ascended armor during silk shortage
crafting medium ascended armor during leather shortage

*kitten

… wait.. Delta Etta Rupert Pensil (the capitals) is a word that changes to kitten now???

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I left a couple of weeks after release without trying many parts of the game. I really regret it now, leaving GW2 was the stupidest thing I’ve ever done in my MMO-life. I came back after a few months because I couldn’t find a better game and I’ve been active since then.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

selling off precursors for 40g to a friend around game release…

Having a 1 man guild fully built with 100k influence before HoT was released.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Sold materials to vendor instead of to the trading post for about the first three months of the game >.<

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: slpr.2647

slpr.2647

Sold my ‘70 Cuda back in ’81. hey, you didn’t say “in GW2” lol

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

I sold off two precursors for 20-some gold (total) back near launch. They were the underwater ones, but still….

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Wnen I didnt know any better, I got a black lion kit and used it on random things.

My friends were running ac so I accompanied them They labeled the lfg “exp only”. I then proceeded to fail to find the entrance for like 2 minutes….. and I have done it quite a few times that week.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Deleted a from launch char because reasons, and birthday presents were meh anyway. Next birthday they had the dye choices.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: bigtimetopbanana.9725

bigtimetopbanana.9725

When crafting Eureka, I purchased 100 Icy Runestones instead of 100 Mystic Runestones. 100G mistake. Thankfully, Anet let me trade them back after a support call.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Close runner up: I wanted 500 shallots so I went to the vendor and hit 500.

Then a while later and I noticed “in bulk”.

Needless to say I may never use all 12500 but at least it’s only 50k karma. I am not unpacking them though.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

1. Refined a stack and a half of platinum ore into platinum ingots on my jeweler when i needed them for deldrimor. That one cost me.

2. was stat changing a weapon in the mystic forge to sinister after using another inscription for the skin unlock, but ended up using them in the wrong order. Had to make another one.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

used a black dye while in pre-searing lvl 2-5 armor -_-#

every one tough i was a rich player with his low lvl…. but i QQ so much after i notice how rare that dye was…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Dana windfelt.8160

Dana windfelt.8160

Attuning an ascended ring before removing the very expensive omni infusions from it first – this was before they converted those old omni infusion to what we have now. Lost about 295 Gold worth of omni infusions that day. To make matters worst, I did the same mistake 2 days later.

More common mistakes I made were buying stacks of refined T5/T6 ores instead of the raw materials itself – I recall doing that a few time in the past year or so.

Posted by: CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

When crafting a shaft for ascended scepter, I hit “Craft All” instead of just “Craft”, and wound up with 5 extra account-bound Spiritwood shafts.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Made 5 Deldrimor Sword Hilts while working on Sunrise, instead of 5 Deldrimor Greatsword hilts. I still have one hilt left.

Infused an Attuned Ring without taking the +9 infusions out first.

Actually used a found Kaiser Snake weapon skin box last year – on a Rifle.

Accidentally made Gossamer Patches instead of refining Gossamer bolts – lost 100 Cured Hardened Leather Squares.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Friend of mine was crafting Kudzu and didnt have enough Karma & World Exploration so he transfered all the materials to his brothers account and crafted the Gifts there including gift of Mastery since his brother still had enough karma & 2x Gift of Exploration
But…
Then when he finished his Kudzu he instantly used it to see how it looks… only to realize he was on his brothers account… xDDDDD

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

There are some leaves you should not use as toilet paper when roughing it on a backpacking trip.

Just a flesh wound.3589

used a black dye while in pre-searing lvl 2-5 armor -_-#

every one tough i was a rich player with his low lvl…. but i QQ so much after i notice how rare that dye was…

I got a black dye in presearing. I knew how valuable it was so I carefully picked it up…… and then I accidentally dyed my starter inventory bag black by double clicking on it to open it up.

I kept that black 5 slot bag for a long time to remember the occasion. -.-

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Buying this game. Kidding haha, the stupidest thing huh? Oh i deleted my first char a silvari mesmer to go to my friends server black tide for wvw. Ting is that was like in 2013 or so and i had asc weapons and like 4 asc armor pieces and full asc trinkets. All berskerker and i deleted them with my mesmer coz i didnt know you could put them in bank and give them to a char on a diff server. It was also my first set and it was light kill me.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

Buying this game. Kidding haha, the stupidest thing huh? Oh i deleted my first char a silvari mesmer to go to my friends server black tide for wvw. Ting is that was like in 2013 or so and i had asc weapons and like 4 asc armor pieces and full asc trinkets. All berskerker and i deleted them with my mesmer coz i didnt know you could put them in bank and give them to a char on a diff server. It was also my first set and it was light kill me.

you’ll be pleased to learn that back then in 2013 ascended armor/weapon was account bound, but soul bound on use (same with legendaries) and you had to use transmutation crystals to move the stats to an unbound item. sometimes you’d have to use the gem store only transmutation splitters to get the original items back.

ah the days before the wardrobe

edit to add: speaking of days before the wardrobe. my biggest stupid there was deleting quite a few skins that I can’t get anymore, thinking they’d come back, like the mad memoires skin (the green one). I still regret that.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

(edited by nottsgman.8206)

zealex.9410

you’ll be pleased to learn that back then in 2013 ascended armor/weapon was account bound, but soul bound on use (same with legendaries) and you had to use transmutation crystals to move the stats to an unbound item. sometimes you’d have to use the gem store only transmutation splitters to get the original items back.

ah the days before the wardrobe

edit to add: speaking of days before the wardrobe. my biggest stupid there was deleting quite a few skins that I can’t get anymore, thinking they’d come back, like the mad memoires skin (the green one). I still regret that.

kek havent done anything stupid im perfect lul (well except making an asura guard lul)

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

I was not new to the game…so I can’t use that as an excuse. Just one of those moments.

I wanted to be able to make all of the ascended berserker weapons that an artificer could make. So I purchased the recipe for each….which I think there are four artificer weapon types. Then I turned around and purchased four copies of the recipe for the inscription. I consumed one…and then saw the dreaded message on the rest of them “You already know this recipe.” Still haven’t the heart to destroy the leftovers.

Posted by: Fumiz.6389

Fumiz.6389

I spent almost all of the hard earned gold on +9 infusions, crafting my first ascended armour set and getting all ascended trinkets for my main…
Revenant.
On the night before the big nerf that pushed the class out of meta forever.

Hello darkness my old friend…

zealex.9410

I spent almost all of the hard earned gold on +9 infusions, crafting my first ascended armour set and getting all ascended trinkets for my main…
Revenant.
On the night before the big nerf that pushed the class out of meta forever.

ehh guardian warr too are fun ^^

Posted by: Wigglesworth.2751

Wigglesworth.2751

When I first started playing was throwing alot of the weapons that dropped in Verdant Brink into the Mystic Toilet when one pops up you have been awarded (cant remember what it was) the precursor for (something), and I thought…whats a precursor? its ugly im going to flush it. still haunts me.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Bulk salvage rares and forgot I had orders placed for expensive dyes, which got filled, and turned them into a few silver of pigments.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

threw away around 40g worth of recipe sheets not that long ago

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Got lucky and looted Tequatl’s Hoard, picked the revolver. Wanted to turn it into Zojja’s Revolver for Berserker stats.

Checked a Youtube video on how to do it to make sure I’m not messing it up, then bought “Zojja’s Berserker Inscription” for 60g. Then realized that I actually need “Berserker’s Orichalcum Imbued Inscription” which costs only 6g.

I’m only playing this game for 2 months and 60g is a lot for me. Guess now I have to max my crafting to use the Zojja’s Inscription
——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Started a new character and while slaying worms at level 2 for the Heart quest, I noticed someone follows me and always starts hitting the same worm. I thought “well, fine for me, there’s no kill stealing here and together we kill those things faster”. Then I realized I’m playing a Mesmer.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Just a flesh wound.3589

The above reminds me of a incident I read shortly after launch where someone aggro’d a stone elemental. He ran away but the mob didn’t leash. It kept running after him.

Eventually he remembered it was his elite elementalist skill.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

119 soft wood dowels. I’d been saving that wood for months to level huntsman.

Also various times I’ve bought things I already had, including ascended recipes.

Deleted characters who still had gold/karma (back before they were account wide) or even items I wanted to keep.

Carefully, carefully lined up a tricky jump in a puzzle and then pushed the wrong button and side-stepped off the platform.

Run off cliffs because I wasn’t looking where I was going, or pushed the wrong button or forgot I was on my free account and didn’t have a glider…

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

I lucked into an Elder Wood Home Node from a BL chest. When I went to sell it (really needed the gold), instead of hitting Sell, I hit Use. I was horrified that there was no confirmation window to stop me from doing this idiotic thing. I submitted a ticket on the matter, but Support was unable help me, so I am stuck with a very costly node that I seldom think to use.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I once bought exotic staves for 800g (no buy order – I bought them off) the TP and threw them all in the mystic toilet with not a single valuable drop. Of course no precursor. I think I wasted about 1-2k in the toilet without any precursor. That was a long time ago though, when trying to get the legend.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The above reminds me of a incident I read shortly after launch where someone aggro’d a stone elemental. He ran away but the mob didn’t leash. It kept running after him.

Eventually he remembered it was his elite elementalist skill.

Heh did something similar with a friend waaay back. We were fighting the champion spider that guards the rich platinum in sparkfly fen. In the middle of the fight one of us said “looks like some people have came to join us”. Then a few seconds later … “no those are just your clones”.

Posted by: brently.7946

brently.7946

Funny you posted this. Last night I was doing AC p3. After we did the part where you destroy the burrows (the path with the resonance collectors) I waypointed to the middle area as if it was the path where you have to keep the guy alive. I felt SO dumb and I’m sure my party was judging me.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Hitting craft all and getting dowels due to not paying attention.
Just starting the game equipping axe on ranger, attack one moa and wonder why all of them are attacking me.
Opening threads by people who I know have been saying the same thing for years and finding them saying the same thing and wondering why I open and read the threads (not this thread by the way).

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I’ll add another one I just noticed while looking through my stuff.

Apparently, I got “Dry Silver” Dye at some point, and being clueless, I just double-clicked it and it’s part of my collection now. Not that I have used it on anything.

I just learned that I could have sold it for 200g at the Trading Post…

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

For the first year of holiday events, I assumed that since every other MMO I had played (including GW1) just repeated them each year, I didn’t need to worry about doing everything in my first year since they’d be back…

They really pulled the rug out from under us on that one.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Never investing in precursors at launch because I listened to people I shouldn’t have.

Dishonorable mention of joining an Arah path 4 PUG in the first year of the game that lasted 4 hours.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Keypek.5716

Keypek.5716

I salvaged juggernaut precursor just a couple of months ago. It kind of tricks you since you have to salvage the different precursor attempts to get a crafting piece for the next step up. Just wasn’t thinking, luckily Anet replaced it after I sent in a report begging them to have mercy on me.

I like to infuse rings with +9 agony infusions already in them which makes them disappear. That’s always a bummer.

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Got the entire Gallant skin set and end up using only 1 skin (warhorn for the curious). Then mostly some ill-timed trading post ventures that’s cost me 100ths of gold.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Just last night I crafted some new leather armor for my necromancer. For some reason, I couldn’t equip it…

At least it’s there in the bank for the next Medium armor toon that needs it.

Posted by: Eirinn.4250

Eirinn.4250

Bought an entire set of exotic armor for karma to realise they’re soulbound. Did the same thing a few months later…

Proud Queen of The Shieldmaidens
…the core of all life is a limitless chest of tales…

Danikat.8537

For the first year of holiday events, I assumed that since every other MMO I had played (including GW1) just repeated them each year, I didn’t need to worry about doing everything in my first year since they’d be back…

I made the same mistake.

My highest level character was about level 30 by the time of the first Halloween (just over 2 months in so for me that’s pretty quick levelling). That meant I couldn’t go down into Bloodtide Coast to complete the scavenger hunt for Mad Memories Complete Edition. My guild offered to run me through but I told them I’d wait until the next year.

I still regret doing that. Every year I hope they’ll bring it back.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

you mean the removal of the Mad Court from halloween?

Danikat.8537

One I heard from someone in my guild (no, really):

Back before ascended weapons were released legendaries had exotic soldier’s stats and you couldn’t change them – if you wanted different stats you had to get another exotic and transmute the skin onto it.

Transmutation worked differently too. The wardrobe didn’t exist and instead you used a Transmutation Crystal to combine two items – choosing the skin from one and the stats from the other. The original items were destroyed and you got 1 new one with your choice of skin and stats. (I bet some people can already see where this is going.)

So a friend of mine finally completed Sunrise and bought a cheap generic beserker’s greatsword to combine it with. He was so excited to finish his legendary he must have been rushing through the menu and it was only after he hit the button that he realised his mistake….when he saw his new Soldier’s Greatsword with pretty much the plainest, most generic greatsword skin you can get.

Fortunately Support was able to help him out but I don’t think he slept at all for the 2 nights it took them to get back to him.