What's the best armor set for Charriors?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Q:

Appearance wise, not stats. This is my first male Charrior and need inspiration on what skins to use.

Heavy armor look so much better on Charr.

Feel free to post a screenie of your Charrior if you play one

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

At work, so no screenshots.

That said, while I play a female Charrior rather than a male one, nonetheless I like the Honor of the Waves armor set on her. or bits of it, anyways; I’m one of those inveterate mixmonkeys who loathes using an entire set of armor on a thing.

Still. HotW chest and pants works well as heavy armor without the ridiculous bulk of a lot of particularly fanciful sets, and most importantly it doesn’t clip egregiously with the tail like everything else does. Give it a look, especially if you’re into more of a Spartan look than the Edgelord Standard.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I reaaally like T3 heavy cultural for charr, but so far haven’t had a use for it. I will eventually make a male charr revenant or guardian to use it on. I love the mix of plate, cloth (and cloth wraps) along with those stylised lion heads and spikes. Not a fan of the headpiece, but overall I think it’s the best looking heavy armour for charrs.

Here’s my female charr warrior in Arah dungeon armour. I dyed it to match the shadow weapons I have equipped on her- so mainly purple, black and a kind of light-brown colour.

Here’s a gallery: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr_male_heavy_armor

Attachments:

(edited by Crimson Clouds.4853)

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Do you mean charr warrior? If so then I use luminescent armour. It is perfect for the glowing blue look I have, using bolt/Flameseeker prophecies+ azure flame and fractal capacitor backpiece. No other armour set can compare if that’s the type of look you want

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

I’m somewhat partial to Vigil

Pimsley.3681

I reaaally like T3 heavy cultural for charr, but so far haven’t had a use for it. I will eventually make a male charr revenant or guardian to use it on. I love the mix of plate, cloth (and cloth wraps) along with those stylised lion heads and spikes. Not a fan of the headpiece, but overall I think it’s the best looking heavy armour for charrs.

Here’s my female charr warrior in Arah dungeon armour. I dyed it to match the shadow weapons I have equipped on her- so mainly purple, black and a kind of light-brown colour.

Here’s a gallery: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr_male_heavy_armor

+1 TY

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Here’s my Charrdian. Since he’s heavy, this look would also work for a Charrior.

I use:

glowing crimson mask (gemstore)
fanatic’s mantle (starter shoulders)
nightmare court breastplate (twilight arbor chest)
primeval gauntlets (gemstore)
legion tassets (charr cultural armor)
primeval boots (gemstore)

Dyes I use are:

shadow abyss
strawberry
mischief
quickstalk (changed it to blood dye, recently)

weapons I use:

Bloody prince staff
shadow greatsword

Good luck with the look you’re going for!

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I remember a couple of months ago I went on a Charr-toon-making spree. It was very colorful… except I found myself using the SAME, STALE armor pieces because nothing else looks good on Charrs or it has awkward clipping issues.

Here’s some of my own heavy-armor Charrs if you need inspiration (they are kinda edgy looking and probably aren’t too happy with being screenied but oh well)…

Attachments:

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Here’s my Charr Warrior

And here’s the armor pieces/dyes used

Also, the whole Primeval set looks phenomenal on Charr, for some reason.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Mine, mix and match:

Cultural T1 shoulders and boots, Splint legs, scallywag chestpiece and barbarian gloves.

Pd: Please, give us back the charr subforum, i dont want to stick with salads and humans.
There will be no peace!.

Attachments:

Pimsley.3681

+1 for the screenies guys.

I like what I’m seeing!!!