What's the biggest mistake you've ever done?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TiF.6589

TiF.6589

My idea was:
Farm dungeon > buy rare armor > salvage them for ecto

Only problem is that dungeon is AC and those rares are for level35 should have pay more attention

Posted by: Simmu.9405

Simmu.9405

tried to kill legendary defenders

Posted by: Phenix Flyer.6724

Phenix Flyer.6724

So my main is a ranger and basically I’ve Hornets Sting, Quick Shot, and double tap evaded myself into free fall and death many times.

Focusing on levelling and not how to Get Rich in first few months when everything was cheap.
Also not buying gems (with Ingame gold) during head start/ early days or a precursor

~ Sylvari Ranger, [BGW] Jade Quarry ~
“I blame Kormir”

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Worst mistake regarding this game?

Opening the box…

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Jamin.6528

Jamin.6528

My mistake? Trying to reform trolls.

Lucromia Mukroc – Necromancer
Leader of The Hardcore Caravan [HC] – Blackgate
http://thehardcorecaravan.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Warkupo.1025

Warkupo.1025

I have two pretty bad ones:

I accidently asked people for opinions about ESO in Queensdale. That… Went about as well as you might except.

Then I mentioned ESO in the Guild Wars 2 forums. Boy was THAT a mistake.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Roughly at the very early days of the game(where the time go to? O-O) . Wearing mastercraft armour into AC in a PUG, with sub 60’s for the first time thinking, ‘Well—this is a starter area—how bad can it be?’, and being bankrupted by the armour repairs. Didn’t touch a dungeon for a loooong time after.

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

still having a tiny bit of hope that anet will do something right with the next update

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I sold Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin right after Halloween 2012 for 60g…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

I stopped playing this magnificent game for 1.2 years, missing out in a lot of content and exclusive items, which I stil ldrool over every day I see someone wearing them.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Bo Van Swill.7619

Bo Van Swill.7619

Crafted 2 Incinerators.
Soon (april 15th) one of them will become 2000g worth piece of junk.

No you don’t get copy’s of your weapons for all your toons

Skuld Foefire Mesmer, Thord Blackthorn Guardian, Gele Fireheart Elementalist
Beezy Chan Engineer,Sarah Soulcaller Necromancer

Posted by: Darnacus.5961

Darnacus.5961

Shortly after ascended weapons crafts were introduced, trying to turn hard wood logs into planks, and wasted all the planks I had saved in dowels instead.

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

Ported Golems under a keep gate with oil actively pouring down. The ending was like a Shakespeare tragedy, everyone died horribly. (The good news is this mistake has never been repeated.)

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

Posted by: Abusive.1849

Abusive.1849

left GW2 about 3 months after launch and went back to WoW. A year later I realized how horrible WoW was and returned to GW2

EDIT: cause of kittens ~_~

Warrior(Main) | Mesmer | Thief
Jade Quarry (NA)

(edited by Abusive.1849)

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Buying gems 2013 onwards.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Sold ‘The Hunter’ after it dropped from the Karka Event back in November 2012. At the time, Legendary items were still ‘new’ and the debate over the value of their precursors was still going on.
I ended up selling it for 55 gold, which at the time was still a princely sum.
Since then, I have not seen any precursor drop, and have turned my focus/gold on to purchasing and collecting very rare/limited skins instead.
Hindsight … grrr.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

Sold ‘The Hunter’ after it dropped from the Karka Event back in November 2012. At the time, Legendary items were still ‘new’ and the debate over the value of their precursors was still going on.
I ended up selling it for 55 gold, which at the time was still a princely sum.
Since then, I have not seen any precursor drop, and have turned my focus/gold on to purchasing and collecting very rare/limited skins instead.
Hindsight … grrr.

but you know, everything costed way less back then, you don’t just look at nominal value, you must look at real value.

1.5 years ago a unidentified dye costed 5s to buy. Nowadays it costs 40s. With 1g you could buy 20 dyes whereas nowadays you can only buy 2.5 dyes with 1g

1g back then had almost 10 times the value of 1g currently.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

got drawn in by the general forum negativity and stopped playing for a few months.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

During the first wintersday I screwed up the mystic forge recipe for the wintersday minis and put in 4 minis and got a generic series 1 mini out.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Leap Of Faith.8263

Leap Of Faith.8263

1. Salvaged my firebringer( (it has stupid same icon has as of a normal sword)
2. Soulbound my ascended boots to a wrong toon (but thanks to 15th april update that can be solved).

~My Love Sunshine, Guardian [Jade Quarry]

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Youch, lots of horrible mistakes made here! I feel your pain guys, I’ve done VERY stupid things too, other than my two ring of red deaths….

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

Making a necromancer and give it ascended trinkets

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I tend to buy crafted exotic armor of the wrong armor tier than I had intended all the kitten time.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

A couple of months ago I decided to use up my spare AC tokens and bought a bunch of Exotic armors for salvage. Only realised afterwards that I’d bought the Rampager versions, after wondering why I wasn’t getting any insignia out of them. >.<

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

Sold the scythe staff skin I got like.. a week after halloween for 20g… coulda had like…. 700g for that bloody thing. Coulda helped me a lot for getting the t6 mats I need for my legendary now <.< not to mention for a cool skin if I didnt sell it. STUPID STUPID STUPID! Regret x 1000

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Got a Final Rest as a drop when they were still moderately expensive. Gave it to a friend. The next week she decided she was to busy to play anymore and quit the game.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Not getting involved in PvP and WvW earlier in my play time here. This year I’ll be doing more of it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Kaukomieli.6740

Kaukomieli.6740

Salvaging some boots that had a gemstore skin on them… (second or third transmutation and on while quality so no warning) after a week or so of owning it. >__> Weelll. My Profane set just needs to work without the shoes. :P

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

My Profane set just needs to work without the shoes. :P

You will get all skins from gemstore skin sets back on April 15 as long as you have at least 1 skin from the set.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

I accidentally transmuted my Gas Mask Skin…loved that skin but wasn’t paying attention

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Posted by: Kaukomieli.6740

Kaukomieli.6740

You will get all skins from gemstore skin sets back on April 15 as long as you have at least 1 skin from the set.

Thanks for the info, that’s really good to know! I hoped it would work that way but didn’t dare hope it would, haha! ^^

Posted by: JakeG.9620

JakeG.9620

I accidentally deleted an alt with the COMPLETE wintersday outfit a month after I bought it :s

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Thanks for the info, that’s really good to know! I hoped it would work that way but didn’t dare hope it would, haha! ^^

I may bring you a bad news, and i hope i am wrong.

[Please note that skins or partials skins that you previously purchased but which you no longer possess will not be unlocked on your account.] copy and paste from feature note.

I destroyed a gem skin part and i really hope i can get it back on Apr 15.

My turn:
My biggest mistake is joined a friend story in victory or death after we defeated the story arah. While i am waiting for the final ending movie which i will be walking out with the destiny edge…. the cut scene was being skipped by my friend because he is in a hurry.

This ending movie is never able to be watched with my main character again…

not even a support ticket can help.

This is a GW2 flaw, how can someone skip MY MOIVE!!!!

Still crying every night.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Leaping Death Blossom’d off a bridge. Looked cool, ended badly.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

[Please note that skins or partials skins that you previously purchased but which you no longer possess will not be unlocked on your account.] copy and paste from feature note.

You’re wrong:)

How does Wardrobe affect my Gem Store purchases?

If any of your characters are wearing or own any piece of an armor set (such as the Profane armor set or the Magitech armor set), all of the remaining pieces will be unlocked in your Wardrobe in addition to any pieces currently on your character or in your inventory.

By “partial skins” they mean 1-item skins like gloves or mantles.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

If any of your characters are wearing or own any piece of an armor set (such as the Profane armor set or the Magitech armor set), all of the remaining pieces will be unlocked in your Wardrobe in addition to any pieces currently on your character or in your inventory.

Did you see this line in your copy and paste paragraph?
{ in addition to any pieces currently on your character or in your inventory}

to my understanding, only pieces on your character or in your inventory will be converted. But man, i hope i am wrong.

Posted by: FunnyCide.5426

FunnyCide.5426

Spending about 40 gp on various cultural armor pieces, transmuting them to my exotic armor and then quitting the game for 6 months. When I came back I hated the look so I re-transmuted the pieces to something else. Then a couple of weeks later deciding to do a gender change on the character and realize they would’ve looked really good in the cultural armor now.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Did you see this line in your copy and paste paragraph?
{ in addition to any pieces currently on your character or in your inventory}

to my understanding, only pieces on your character or in your inventory will be converted. But man, i hope i am wrong.

If any of your characters are wearing or own any piece of an armor set (such as the Profane armor set or the Magitech armor set), all of the remaining pieces will be unlocked in your Wardrobe in addition to any pieces currently on your character or in your inventory.”

It seems pretty clear to me. If you are wearing or own any piece of an armor set then the remaining pieces will be unlocked also, even if you deleted them.

In other words, in addition to the pieces you own you will also get the pieces you deleted.

Posted by: Erus Keb.8379

Erus Keb.8379

Youch, lots of horrible mistakes made here! I feel your pain guys, I’ve done VERY stupid things too, other than my two ring of red deaths….

There is a way to wear both rings. Infuse one and it will no longer be the same item as the un-infused ring. Of course, that means you’d have to run fractals to get the mats to infuse one.

Irony says that if you do run enough fractals for the mats, that you’ll also get the red ring from a bonus chest.

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Haven’t made any yet. I tend to be careful when crafting or buying anything. I dig on wikis until I’m an expert on any particular item or topic before making a decision that could cost me any amount of gold or materials I deem significant, which is basically anything that would take more more than an hour to farm. It’s worked out for the best. Now making bad decisions in the borderlands that cost me repair silver, those are a daily happening. Doesn’t bother me though, that’s the fun of it.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

This happened only a few weeks ago. Needed a few ectos so I thought of using dungeon tokens to buy rares to salvage. Wasted 600 AC tokens only to find out the rares I bought were level 35. No ectos and no more tokens. Yay me.

Posted by: Lapiy.7160

Lapiy.7160

Salvaged my fractals warhorn during an ac run when I was trying to clean out my inventory, I had not given it stats yet so it counted as a masterwork and did not even ask me if I wanted to salvage. I left the group hit a wall and did not get on for a week and because fractals weps are so rare nowadays I will probably never see it again :/

Servers: Crystal Desert, Underworld, Eredon Terrace
Guilds: [TDS] The Desert Squad-Retired, [bM] Badmash, [BoRP] Bunch Of Random Players
Always looking for fights gvg’s etc just hit me up!

(edited by Lapiy.7160)

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Assuming the GW2 Ranger was anything like the GW1 Ranger.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

Crafted exotic celestial for my ele, and put 3 divinity runes and three traveler runes a week before ascended armour was anounced, soon going to be a bigger mistake after the changes to runes on the 14th.

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

While swapping deleting professions for pvp i deleted my lvl 80 guardian storage toon 300g armor, 250g weapons, 100g bags +- 500g content & collected skins and tickets for skins etc..

Think i deleted bout 500 hours worth of work at least XD

I learned from my mistakes, i now have a char with DON"T DELETE in the name.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

Posted by: Sir Alymer.3406

Sir Alymer.3406

Selling 40 stacks of silk scraps for only 1g a stack/40c a scrap thinking that the supply was so much silk would never go up past 50c.

boy, was I wrong.

Posted by: Ryuujin.6291

Ryuujin.6291

Made a Char engineer once and got a white dye from a unidentified dye. Used it and deleted the toon a few days later…. not the best decision I’ve made. I should have sold it or at least saved it for another toon (didn’t have a lot of gold back then).

Posted by: Kanobi.3627

Kanobi.3627

Recruited a member to my Guild and he said he had a “guild” in WoW, and he said there were a lot of members, and not that my Guild is small! So my stupid self stopped playing for a week because I guess I lost interest in Gw2 for a little bit, found out the guy, who plays WoW and was about to bring his members from WoW to my guild, left. Soooo, that was a big failure I did.

Groll of Ascalon:
Guild Leader of “Starkillers Reign-STAR-”

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

my bank alt has tailor lvl 500 and lots of ascended recipes. I don’t want to delete her, but it would be nice if a character I actually played had the profession instead. The kicker: she can’t store many items because she needs to have room available to craft items.
similarly, I’d like to rearrange the professions on my other characters… weaponsmith and chef don’t compliment each other at all.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Crafted 2 Incinerators.
Soon (april 15th) one of them will become 2000g worth piece of junk.

A 2000g premium for stat swapping.

Yeah, I do feel sorry for those who crafted 2 of the same.

@OP, waiting 1 extra day to sell Gem Store dyes and losing 700g overnight because of it.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)