What's the biggest mistake you've ever done?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Korimor.2406

Korimor.2406

Crafted 2 Incinerators, and bought 1 more……
about 4,000 gold down the drain in a week now.

Maguuma – “The Legendary Guy”
Jedi – Revenant, Tylox – Thief, Roeina – Ele, Korimor – Warrior
youtube.com/user/KorimorSWG

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

If your worst experience is buying the game, why do you still play it and post on forums ?

Because there are always people in game forums who would rather whine/be a drama queen about how bad the game is, rather than moving on to some other game that they might enjoy.(I know, that’s way too simple….lol)

I remember when I played DaoC(Dark Age of Camelot), and would visit the forums….there were a couple people that had quit the game, yet still felt the need to scream/cry/whine about the game and why they quit it 2 years after they quit…..guess they had nothing better to do with their time…lol. /shrug

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Teon.5168

So far, my worst, and most amusing mistake…..was just the other night in WvW. I was claiming a tower late at night on my ranger, when a lone enemy waltzed up the stairs, and I engaged him. After a few seconds of trading blows/shots/etc., he knocked me back and stunned me….I broke the stun, and without thinking where I was on the small tower platform took my short bow and fired the shot that does an evade roll back when you shoot(can’t remember the name of the shot). Well, I rolled back and off the tower, tumbling over and over again down through the outer scaffolding that was against the tower…..with my character letting out ‘oofs’ all the way down. Fortunately, I had the mud special that breaks your fall, and I barely survived the 5+ story fall……lol. I laughed and laughed at what I had just done.(It doesn’t take much to amuse me….lol). After doing such a stupid thing…….fortunately, as I was falling, a small group of friendlies close by dusted the guy on top of the tower, and I still got some credit for the kill. I can just imagine what my enemy thought as I tumbled backwards off that tower(“what a moron!”) just before he got finished off by the small group of friendlies.

My wife got a good laugh out of it, too…..as she has done the same with her elementalist more than once….lol.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

So far, my worst, and most amusing mistake…..was just the other night in WvW. I was claiming a tower late at night on my ranger, when a lone enemy waltzed up the stairs, and I engaged him. After a few seconds of trading blows/shots/etc., he knocked me back and stunned me….I broke the stun, and without thinking where I was on the small tower platform took my short bow and fired the shot that does an evade roll back when you shoot(can’t remember the name of the shot). Well, I rolled back and off the tower, tumbling over and over again down through the outer scaffolding that was against the tower…..with my character letting out ‘oofs’ all the way down. Fortunately, I had the mud special that breaks your fall, and I barely survived the 5+ story fall……lol. I laughed and laughed at what I had just done.(It doesn’t take much to amuse me….lol). After doing such a stupid thing…….fortunately, as I was falling, a small group of friendlies close by dusted the guy on top of the tower, and I still got some credit for the kill. I can just imagine what my enemy thought as I tumbled backwards off that tower(“what a moron!”) just before he got finished off by the small group of friendlies.

My wife got a good laugh out of it, too…..as she has done the same with her elementalist more than once….lol.

LOL… good one!

I had a similar experience in that my group and I took a tower, and at the last second of killing the champ, I used my sword “rush” skill (warrior), but since the champ had just died, I literally ran off the side of the tower to my death. I laughed, and a guildie was quick to point out he saw the whole thing I hope he had a good laugh too.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

was on TP, made a purchase order for Sigil of Bloodlust for 60 gold + each because I accidentally just typed 6 in front of the 0 (usually when I click it right it highlights the 0, so typing 6 would erase the 0).

I think I made 3 orders of that. FML.

Teon.5168

LOL… good one!

I had a similar experience in that my group and I took a tower, and at the last second of killing the champ, I used my sword “rush” skill (warrior), but since the champ had just died, I literally ran off the side of the tower to my death. I laughed, and a guildie was quick to point out he saw the whole thing I hope he had a good laugh too.

You’re probably fortunate that your guildies don’t now kid you when coming upon a battle by saying “now don’t get all suicidal on us this time”…… :P

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Shinjiko.1352

Shinjiko.1352

Standing on a cliff with others in WvW over a zerg. Thinking I had my ShortBow equipped to fire off some aoe’s… I had dagger and HS off the cliff right into the zerg… worse thing is.. i’ve done this multiple times -.-

Posted by: Poutsikka.2745

Poutsikka.2745

I deleted my transmutation stones because I didn’t see any use for them and I needed bank space. Now I regret it.

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Rolled an engineer. Used crafting to level it from 0→80. Spent 100 laurels and 100 gold and 800 gems to get all its gear and make it look awesome. Then realized I don’t know how to play an engineer. I use it as a bank alternative right now….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Teon.5168

Rolled an engineer. Used crafting to level it from 0->80. Spent 100 laurels and 100 gold and 800 gems to get all its gear and make it look awesome. Then realized I don’t know how to play an engineer. I use it as a bank alternative right now….

Hey, at least you have a spiffy looking engineer!

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Leaving the game for over a year.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

LOL… good one!

I’ve done that on my thief. I was using pistol/pistol a lot to spam skill 3 (unload). Switched to shortbow, hit skill 3 and leaped backwards off a cliff and died.

Teon.5168

LOL… good one!

I’ve done that on my thief. I was using pistol/pistol a lot to spam skill 3 (unload). Switched to shortbow, hit skill 3 and leaped backwards off a cliff and died.

Yup….skill 3 on shortbow…….that would be it……lol.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Deleted a L80 Guardian I had a precursor (Zap) in the inventory. I totally forgot to bank it.

Accidentally bought 30 gold worth of a common dye, some sold to me for over 5 gold. I had a few too many beers that day. I got about 4 gold back selling them.

The Burninator

Posted by: Lightlord.4752

Lightlord.4752

LOL… good one!

Ive done similar with my Guard using “leap of Faith” In dungeons, WvW, Fotm. When you leap and attack and if the target dies before your attack landed..you keep flying past the mob location..unfortunately if he was on the edge of a cliff or major drop… down down you go.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

First one isn’t mine but well worth a laugh. In WvW one night, our zerg had just finished taking the garrison so commander decides we need supply to help Bay and called the zerg to him and leaped off the cliff at one of many points that you can hop a few steps down. Unfortunately for him, he’d picked the wrong spot to jump, fortunately for me I was a bit slow and was just about to type “THAT’S THE WRONG SPOT”, but decided against it. Was treated to an absolute avalanche of bodies as a zerg of about 60 people proceeded to lemming off after the commander.

Now for myself. Having played since the pre-release there are many, many mistakes to be laughed at.

1. Rolled a warr and decided that all soldier stats, with soldier runes, with soldier traits would make me a tank, which it more or less does. Proceeds to take it to WvW and try my hand at ganking people. Also tried taking on a zerg alone.

2. Thinks that Rampager armour would make my Ranger like my GW1 Ranger. Decides that condition ranger was going to be OP

3. Rolls an Ele thinking I could play her like my GW1 ele

4. Used up all my fine transmutation stones that were available as map completion rewards

5. Bought the Gift of Blades recipe for a tailor as I was going to make the ascended version for my necro, realise that I didn’t have a 500 tailor and wasn’t going to make one any time soon, buy it again for my armorsmith. Thinking that I might want to make another ascended version of the blades, buys yet another recipe for armorsmith.

6. Bought ascended glove and shoulder recipe for armorsmith, buys another ascended glove recipe for no apparent reason

7. Rolls a guard and lvls to 80. Fully decked out in exos and ascended trinkets, never play him

8. Rolls a Thief and lvls to 80, fully decked out in exos and ascended trinkets, never play her

9. Early on the game before having a big enough bank, decided that the trading post was a great place to store stuff by posting an insanely high asking price, forgets about non refundable listing price. Basically paying TP astronomical rates for storage

10. Chasing a mesmer in wvw near a tower, decides to use Point Blank shot and blast her off the cliff when she has virtually no health left. Dodge rolls instead and launches self off cliff.

11. Uncountable times I’ve used Blade trail and rushed into a hammer strike on Cliffside fractal.

12. While still using my ranger in fractals during the early days, proceeded to unload a whole rapid fire at a jade colossus which had been auto targetted, dropping 10 stacks of vulnerability and downing myself.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Vendoring Silk scraps even when ascended gear was announced.

I guess I was in denial.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I salvage my Menzie torch. Also create a Ascended weapon for another but instead transmute with a soul bind weapon on a different char and can’t use it on the char i want….

vvuevv

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Buying this game because it’s a casual dressup

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Crafted jewelry for my Engineer using my Ele, then swapped out the jewels in them on because I didn’t realize that it’d soulbind them. It was only ~10g of mats, but still meh. Stupid mechanic.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I am calling BS on those who said they salvaged a precursor. You will get a confirmation prompt on a salvage that is rare and above. So, no way you can make that mistake.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Deleting my basic transmutation stones because on 15th april they would turn into transmutation charges.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

If your worst experience is buying the game, why do you still play it and post on forums ?

1)I never said that I was still playing.
2)I read the forums to see if there’s anything that would change my mind.
You don’t have to play a game to post on the forums, and you don’t need to be hostile.(You sound that way, to me.)
Eh, in retrospect, this is my fault. I trusted my friend’s word instead of researching to see whether the game was worth it. I should have at least waited for a free trial weekend or for a sale.
Oh well, lesson earned.
Wonder if there’s a guide on how to enjoy the game. Maybe I’m just doing things wrong.

Sometimes it’s just not for you, pal. Move on, forget and let others have their fun.

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

Getting a commander tag, I don’t even like wvw, I bought it back when 100g was a lot too. Could have bought 3k gems with that money

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Setting my expectations for this game at higher than “sea level”. I somehow keep doing it.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Mmm
I deleted a level 63 Mesmer because her face annoyed me (before kits).
She was wearing my wizard hat and she was my 400 artificer

I sold abyss for 2 g

I vendor-ed several stacks of silk because they took up space

I sold my one love struck pistol because I like matched weapons

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Mmm
I deleted a level 63 Mesmer because her face annoyed me (before kits).
She was wearing my wizard hat and she was my 400 artificer

I sold abyss for 2 g

I vendor-ed several stacks of silk because they took up space

I sold my one love struck pistol because I like matched weapons

Don’t feel bad about the silk. I’m sure thousands of us have vendored millions of silk scraps, because they WERE pretty useless. But on the other hand you can’t fill all your bags and bank with stuff for years in the hope that one day MAYBE it will be worth 3s instead of 2c.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Organization Sekhen.2481

Organization Sekhen.2481

Picked ascalonian in the missing sister storyline. The fact that my fictional sister looked nothing like me annoyed me enough to delete the character and start over

Posted by: MatthewCam.4391

MatthewCam.4391

Only just getting into fotm months ago first fotm ever I get the sword skin drop, sweet looking thing so I put it on my mesmer.

A week later, another low level fotm as a nub, sword skin drops again. Awesome. On it goes to my other mesmer (for wvw) a few days later I decide to delete her for the extra character slot as I wasn’t using her anyway, before I hit delete confirmation I remember her skins and go through the process of making them account bound. Delete her.

Pat myself on the back for being so savvy as to remember. Hop onto my ranger decides she needs a sweet sword, over to the bank for my fotm skin “Item soulbound to another character”

I’d make everything account bound but that stupid sword. I was too ashamed to address it so I let it sit there to remind myself to pay attention.
(Thank you April feature pack!)

Sea of Sorrows | Lt Mc Muffin
Don’t worry the games still in Beta.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I’ve been fortunate not to have made any horrible decisions so far, but spending 200+ gold to craft level and outfit a necro is one decision I regret. He looks cool as hell, but isn’t very much fun to play at all.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

When the game was new, bought an abyss day for 56 silver. God i wish i held on to it till now, and bout 50 more of em…

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

• Started as a Thief. It is so much fun to play compared to other classes (due to mechanisms of weapons) that no other class is fun to play anymore, yet the Thieves are always getting nerfed with EVERY_SINGLE_UPDATE just because some idiots don’t know the matchup in WvW, PvE-wise Thieves are simply obselate in terms of damage compared to a Warrior / Ele, and isn’t good for anything except skipping content which breaks unwritten rules of “how to play GW2”. I hate to be a thief, and I hate how I can’t get detached from the class, and I regret the most that I was such a loyal fan of the class that I did not dropped it hundreds of hours before. It’s not easy when that’s the first character you’ve seen everything with…
  • Wasted tons of gold (well, it’s relative, 2×70g is a lot for me) on 2 Breath of Jormags.
  • Actually using one of those, and now that I got bored of the skin I can’t do anything with it, since it’s soulbound and would feel even more of a waste if I’d replace it.
  • Actually listened to the toxic part of the forum and felt bad for being poor compared to those keyboard heroes who say “getting a legendary is nothing nowadays”. Just burn, thank you.
  • Started a ranger as an alt. Good for nothing but safe distance autoattack and n5 longbow on WvW. Invested far too much time and gold into T3 skins, full exotic sets and laurels for accessories.
  • Started a guardian as an alt. The most boring class I played so far. Invested far too much time and gold into T3 skins, full exotic sets and laurels for accessories.
  • Because of the written above, I don’t have the spirit or streinght to struggle with leveling once again, so I’ll propably never get to play an Ele or Mesmer. Oh gosh all those important waypoints…. never again.
  • Completed the the PvE content. Now I don’t even play because I hate PvP and don’t like WvW too much either (a bit better than PvP however). And there is nothing left, except 2 days of achievement farming. Dulfy says hi.
  • Bought the Grenth Hoods because it looks cool, and fits non of my characters (2 sylvari, thief and guardian, and a norn ranger, all 3 women).
  • Wasted ~100-120g to get Leatherworking to 500, while I never craft anything. I did it because I actually wanted to get into crafting to make myself ascended berserker gear. Only after reaching 500 I realized I’ll need a 50-60g inc. PER ITEM to actually create something. Currently I have around 120g again and it’s a fortune in my eyes, not going to waste more than I already did.
  • Accidently choosing the Vigil over the Order of Whispers with my first character. It turned out to be a good decision because the story and it’s characters were nice, and I was like “hey, that’s what life brought me, let’s flow with the water!”. It was a great experience at the end of the day, especially Mr. Tough Dunnothename Norn yelling at me after all the peaceful sylvari things. Dragged me out from that little world, still I always think of the Caledon Forest as home. So I don’t regret it, but those armors really suck.

*Sold tons of mats to the NPCs in the first 2 months. Since I wanted to ignore “builds and meta” stuff on the internet, somehow I didn’t met the traing post at all.

*Bought a total makeover kit, but I feel too attached to my first (main) character to change anything to her.

• Used 2 total makeover kits on a norn I don’t even like to play anymore.
  • The ranger I started was the said norn, I’d choose sylvari instead. Starting another of the same class is really depressing.
  • I still want to get back to the beautiful world of Guild Wars 2, but ANet keeps screwing it up with the Living World , instead of giving actual expansions to cover that 80% rest of the world we can’t even set foot on, they destroy the existing one little by little.

(edited by SaltyDave.7346)

Posted by: Lucia The Lightbringer.2568

Lucia The Lightbringer.2568

-Deleted character with Celebration Hat
-During first few weeks of the game I vendored all collectibles that I’ve gathered
-Bought cultural tier 3 armor, transmuted something else over it because ‘everyone has it’
-Destroyed over 400 Transmutation Crystals (1-79) just a week before they announced the wardrobe. /wrists
-Chose Vigil for my mesmer, the stories were so hard I almost cried
-Leveling a mesmer. Wouldn’t do it again for all the gold in this world.
-Sold Abyss dye for ~5gold. Twice.
-Vendored Silk and various leathers because ‘they were worthless’.

You’re not a real dragon. You just look like one around the eyes.
#SkrittBackpacks

Posted by: Satinel Alexa.8723

Satinel Alexa.8723

Selling a Tooth of Frostfang for 60g three months in game vs holding out on it never mind making the legendary.

After the Karka-event? I bought my Tooth then for 67 gold and am still happy with my Frostfang. :-)

My biggest mistake? Can’t think of one that is not already mentioned here… ;-)

Posted by: Alienmuppet.1942

Alienmuppet.1942

1) I purchased 2 ascended rings of the same type (both defensive) not realising I could not equip them both at once. Fortunately ANet swapped it for me!

2) I purchased 15 of the wrong type of transmutation stone from the gem store…! With the feature patch though this won’t be a problem.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Made my guardian (1st toon) wear PVT armor and ascended healing trinkets thinking that there would be some sort of healing support needed for dungeons….ya that was a bad idea.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

GW1, i kept one char slot for pvp only chars, i’d constantly play, delete and switch.
one time i was playing my main and i decided to switch to my pvp char and i automatically deleted my main. ><
_(my main was a ridiculously well geared pve dervish with a maxed out bonecage scythe, vabbi gear, completion of all campaigns, skills unlocked etc.)

luckily i’ve not done anything like that on gw2 yet
edit: oh i did spend 1200g on the Greatsaw skin before realizing that i hardly ever use greatswords! XD

Posted by: Chanra.3561

Chanra.3561

I have spent a total of 169g by accidentally selling my “Crystal Guardian” Greatsword to a vendor around 12 times.

Note to self: Buy invisible bags.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

I bought 7 sets of the original flamekissed light armor (4 characters, 4 pve and and 3 pvp sets) thinking they were going to add more cultural skins to the gem store later on. I would be playing a different game right now if there was anything else out there with smooth combat and movement mechanics like these or by a company who hasn’t already already earned my distrust with crap product (elder scrolls, NONE of their stuff EVER worked on any of my machines, andkittenn)com after borking aoc so so badly).

That one is probably the worst, close in second is all that assassins stat ascended gear (7 weapons and 1 armor set) that is about to be nerfed to trash, but since i didn’t actually drop real money, i think the flamescam wins the #1 worst.

Posted by: frozzy.7820

frozzy.7820

Tryed to solo a 60 man blob on sfr borther