What's the endgame

What's the endgame

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Souto.2716

Souto.2716

So I’ve been playing so far and have liked the game so far, have gotten to 25 so far and haven’t yet felt bored because of the story and exploring and whatnot. But, the more i dig into it, the more i search the forums, the more i worry about endgame.

So my question is, outside of LS content, what’s the end game?

What's the endgame

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

The endgame is essentially the same thing you are doing now. The things you do at level 8, 25, 48 and 80 are the same. There will be a few different things at level 80 like explorer mode dungeons and fractals.

Could be missing something, just can’t think of anything else right now.

What's the endgame

Posted by: Terrin.2685

Terrin.2685

Its mostly the same thing that it is in every other MMO – grinding/achievements/dungeons. The main grinding spot these days is the new zone living world of season 2 opened up. Or you can grind the materials you’ll need to make your own ascended gear. The achievements can be accessed via the hero window. It seems the explorable mode dungeons are hard mode for Guild Wars 2.

It looks like they’ll be adding a raid some time soon too.

What's the endgame

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

RNG is the GW2 endgame, and you will never win it

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

What's the endgame

Souto.2716

Okay then, my follow up question would then have to be what is the grind for? With the game having a horizontal progression in place the gear grind would stop fairly early as there wouldn’t be a necessity to keep upgrading.

On the topic of dungeons and fractals, i seem to recall finding that dungeons haven’t been updated since release and there doesn’t seem to be any plans for future dungeons outside the (maybe) raiding system that is being discussed. Any confirmation or clarification would certainly be appreciated. As for fractals, do they get updated or are they at least a long term commitment for the rewards.

Also, i should clarify. I don’t care for any of the vanity/achievements as i would only choose one skin I’d use and only aim for achievements if i happen to get one during normal playtime

What's the endgame

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

the grind is to look good and get good

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

What's the endgame

Fernling.1729

Okay then, my follow up question would then have to be what is the grind for? With the game having a horizontal progression in place the gear grind would stop fairly early as there wouldn’t be a necessity to keep upgrading.

On the topic of dungeons and fractals, i seem to recall finding that dungeons haven’t been updated since release and there doesn’t seem to be any plans for future dungeons outside the (maybe) raiding system that is being discussed. Any confirmation or clarification would certainly be appreciated. As for fractals, do they get updated or are they at least a long term commitment for the rewards.

Also, i should clarify. I don’t care for any of the vanity/achievements as i would only choose one skin I’d use and only aim for achievements if i happen to get one during normal playtime

You could very well grind for cosmetic items. There is also ascended gear, which is quite the grind. Not necessary really, but it is a power level higher than exotic. You can complete the content without it.

You are correct that we don’t know about any future dungeons being released and their previous statements make it seem like they won’t be revisiting the old dungeons. Until we get some kind of word from Anet I wouldn’t assume anything else. Fractals aren’t seeing updates and do not have long term commitments.

Some people play WvW as their “endgame”. I don’t personally like it, too zergy for me, but it might be worth checking out if you haven’t already.

What's the endgame

Souto.2716

So… would i be correct in saying i should expect to do what I’ve already done all 79 levels prior except fractals and the explore mode of dungeons, for no reason other than poops and giggles, in between the LS updates (not touching wvw since it reminds me of aion and while a great game, i will not take anger management classes again…)?

(edited by Souto.2716)

What's the endgame

Fernling.1729

So… would i be correct in saying i should expect to do what I’ve already done all 79 levels prior except fractals and the explore mode of dungeons in between the LS updates (not touching wvw since it reminds me of aion and while a great game, i will not take anger management classes again…)?

That is correct. Anet even marketed it as such prior to release.
“Endgame starts at level 1.” Is a pretty common quote around here. It is actually level 2, since you level when you’re out of the starter area.

What's the endgame

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

Mostly yes, though there are a few max level maps that you won’t play normally that you can explore. (Southsun Cove+Dry Top)

However, odds are you will not experience everything on your journey to 80. Missed events, secret locations, diving spots etc. So those are things to go back to.

Also, if you are playing a game for somethings other than S&G you are only fooling yourself.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

What's the endgame

Souto.2716

So… would i be correct in saying i should expect to do what I’ve already done all 79 levels prior except fractals and the explore mode of dungeons in between the LS updates (not touching wvw since it reminds me of aion and while a great game, i will not take anger management classes again…)?

“Endgame starts at level 1.” Is a pretty common quote around here. It is actually level 2, since you level when you’re out of the starter area.

Hah, made me laugh… ._.
But okay then, i guess as long as i know what type of game it is and not thinking it’ll be something it’s not will make me think differently about leveling up and how i go about one i reach cap.

Thanks everyone for your quick replies, greatly appreciate it =)

What's the endgame

Fernling.1729

Hah, made me laugh… ._.
But okay then, i guess as long as i know what type of game it is and not thinking it’ll be something it’s not will make me think differently about leveling up and how i go about one i reach cap.

Thanks everyone for your quick replies, greatly appreciate it =)

Playing with that kind of mindset will likely increase your chances of enjoying the game for longer.
I followed the game thinking it would be an extension of GW1. Of course, I realized pretty early that it wasn’t.

The game is very good for what it is.

What's the endgame

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

So I’ve been playing so far and have liked the game so far, have gotten to 25 so far and haven’t yet felt bored because of the story and exploring and whatnot. But, the more i dig into it, the more i search the forums, the more i worry about endgame.

So my question is, outside of LS content, what’s the end game?

Playing dress up.

What's the endgame

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

WvW and PvP are both End Game. You should definitely get into WvW. It is a ton of fun. There are a lot of different roles to fill in WvW. Scout, Sentry, Havoc, Zerg, Clean Up, Emergency Response, etc… If those don’t suit your fancy then you can try hooking up with a guild that participates in GvG. GvG is a lot of fun, both practicing for and competing in. Don’t shy away from WvW even if it makes you angry in the beginning. Get in and let loose. Learn from allies and enemy alike. Learn the layouts, placements, routes, etc… WvW is an entirely different game than GW2 PvE is. Just give it a few tries.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

What's the endgame

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

the grind is to look good and get good

That’s perfect

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

What's the endgame

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

Op the most boring part for me was the leveling, because i’ve always felt the game doesn’t really get started till you’ve reached max level.

For many the end game is WvW, Eotm, & pvp. Once you have hit max level, gotten all your ascended armor & weapons, and perfected your perfect look. What better way to prove your a badazz then testing your mad skillz against the other players. Trying different builds, different weapons, getting more ascended gear like hammer or whatever you want to try next. The game never really ends, there is always more to try, more loot you want, new skins are always being released too. Ofcourse you need to max all your WvW skills too, and you may want to join GvG guild to develope team fighting stratagy, and prove your an awesome commander and can wipe most other guilds. The game is what you make of it.

Don’t tell me there isn’t an end game because it’s everywhere, & you’re just to blind to see it.

(edited by Curse Drew.8679)

What's the endgame

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

for me the endgame is a huge grind of gems while trying to have fun with spvp playing my non meta builds

action combat made mmos better lol