What's the logic behind fractal levels?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Biscuithammer.8615

Biscuithammer.8615

Serious question. I’ve largely avoided the new Lost Shores content until today. Now I’m noticing that almost nobody is interested in doing low level fractal runs since for the most part everyone has beaten the lower difficulties. And this will seemingly only get worse. What is the logic behind creating such a barrier between players? Especially since you can’t even run fractals with people from other servers.

What we really need is a cross-server LFG system. This is the only thing I can imagine aside from eliminating the current difficulty system (and at least allowing people to join groups of any difficulty level.) that will fix this problem.

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

You can try this website: http://gw2lfg.com/

Even though all members need to be in the same world to start, if your party mates are in an overflow server you can select to “Join in” so you can all enter the fractals together.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

logic is items ofc. Just a new grind spot nothing more and your not missing anything. Unless they get smart and make those asc gear soulbound on pick up. This will force players to grind it instead of waiting on the TP to sell them.

Posted by: Biscuithammer.8615

Biscuithammer.8615

You can try this website: http://gw2lfg.com/

Even though all members need to be in the same world to start, if your party mates are in an overflow server you can select to “Join in” so you can all enter the fractals together.

I have two issues with this:

1. Why should I have to go for a third-party option? Why isn’t this integrated into the game?

2. How many people out of the total GW2 playerbase actually uses this? Great idea, but you can’t expect more than a small fraction to participate.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Serious question. I’ve largely avoided the new Lost Shores content until today. Now I’m noticing that almost nobody is interested in doing low level fractal runs since for the most part everyone has beaten the lower difficulties. And this will seemingly only get worse. What is the logic behind creating such a barrier between players? Especially since you can’t even run fractals with people from other servers.

What we really need is a cross-server LFG system. This is the only thing I can imagine aside from eliminating the current difficulty system (and at least allowing people to join groups of any difficulty level.) that will fix this problem.

There is logic, but the logic is flawed.

Simple fix is to allow ANYONE to join a difficulty level of the highest member in the group. Segregating people across DOZENS of lvl’s…especially when rewards change drastically at intervals of 10, is just… yeah.

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

Its vertical progression for the people that want it

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

They didn’t really think it through, if you missed the train that’s it I’m afraid. You need to get a guild/friends that’s willing to do the lower levels with you.