What's the point of the CDI forum?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

What’s the point of the CDI forum if all the topics are closed, kind of flys in the face of the whole concept?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We performed a forum reorganization recently, and the CDI Sub-forum was created in preparation for the kick-off of a new CDI in the new year.

We’re looking forward to the continued collaboration!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Oldirtbeard.9834

Excellent I’m looking forward to it!

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Thanks for the information Gaile I was curious when we would continue the CDI from what I last remember I think we are in GvG?!?! Well either way CDI no matter the topic is a good thing.

Necromancer Main

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

We are definitely looking forward to the CDIs in the new year. It was a natural break, with the holidays, but I feel sure we’ll be picking them up in the coming weeks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

We are definitely looking forward to the CDIs in the new year. It was a natural break, with the holidays, but I feel sure we’ll be picking them up in the coming weeks.

soo… we will see the new guild feature in 2019-2020….

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

So are we getting DPS meter soon ?

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Don’t let this go ignored any longer. It’s been ignored for nine months on page 1.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Traits/first

Yeah, like before we know it, it’ll be a year since that thread started.
That’s more depressing than anything, and reinforces, a year of whatever thread – be it specific or a more broad CDI – will result in the same thing if it’s something they don’t want to talk about.

(this has been evident in older CDI’s anyway, so I’m not surprised)

So I have a tin-hat theory about CDI’s…

They invite people to talk about selected themes, and come up with ideas. Eventually someone lands on their idea or close to it… they implement that idea, and say look it was thought up by someone else hooray! They can even get multiple “proxy” accounts to then hype up and discuss the idea that’s close to theirs, making it more genuine looking/feeling.

Forums need polls, as well as in-game polls/surveys (similar to the ones in beta)… at least. Not a grand solution, but at least it would be fun to see some numbers.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That is a very large tin hat you’re flaunting there! Given how much is talked about on the forums, and how much more gets discussed in CDI focus threads, if they implement anything that generally fits a CDI topic someone will have mentioned it in the thread. I think it’s more they are working on a thing and using the CDI discussion to refine their approach.

And they absolutely aren’t doing proxy fake posts. That’s just … why would any rational person imagine that’s going on? They have plenty of people who enjoy the game and post positives (me, for one, though I will happily comment on negatives where I see them such as my dislike of the new trait unlock system, and the whole ruination of town clothes). They really don’t need shills, especially if they want the forums to give them some rough-hewn feedback that is any way representative.

I have confidence guild housing is coming, or they wouldn’t have used up so much dev time getting community input. The CDI’s are only a waste if the community turns them into flame wars and other nastiness.

Zero Day.2594

@Donari

Yes it’s a wild tin hat theory. Especially since yeah, giving the amount of ideas out there, they’re bound to hit one (at least one that they can trace back and point a finger at later).
:D Proxy/Fake posts is just a fun idea, doesnt costs the dev’s anything to generator extra accounts.

:| I think this tin-hat theory needs to catch on, since it’s the most effective and correct one.

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Previous

Gaile Gray

No, the tinfoil hat theory is far, far from the truth, and it certainly doesn’t “need to catch on.” Please, resist these impulses and the forums will be a better place.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Zero Day.2594

@Gaile

I think it’s a silly self-fulfilling theory and one that no one will know if it’s true or not, besides you guys.

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

The bit about waiting till an idea comes up in the CDI is just silly, the devs and the company wouldn’t really benefit. As to proxy posts, sure why not? Devs play the game and should be able to post their opinions without becoming official spokespeople.

I hope we, as players, get to choose the next topic. I think the last and several before the last were chosen by Arenanet.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Zoso.8279

The bit about waiting till an idea comes up in the CDI is just silly, the devs and the company wouldn’t really benefit. As to proxy posts, sure why not? Devs play the game and should be able to post their opinions without becoming official spokespeople.

I hope we, as players, get to choose the next topic. I think the last and several before the last were chosen by Arenanet.

A CDI was done on how the topics would be picked. The community as a whole agreed its better for ANET to decide the topic and us to focus in on it and come up with ideas. The reason the community took this approach is to have an idea of what ANET is thinking of implementing and also to not waste valuable time to discuss what we would be discussing.

Necromancer Main

Zoso.8279

That is a very large tin hat you’re flaunting there! Given how much is talked about on the forums, and how much more gets discussed in CDI focus threads, if they implement anything that generally fits a CDI topic someone will have mentioned it in the thread. I think it’s more they are working on a thing and using the CDI discussion to refine their approach.

And they absolutely aren’t doing proxy fake posts. That’s just … why would any rational person imagine that’s going on? They have plenty of people who enjoy the game and post positives (me, for one, though I will happily comment on negatives where I see them such as my dislike of the new trait unlock system, and the whole ruination of town clothes). They really don’t need shills, especially if they want the forums to give them some rough-hewn feedback that is any way representative.

I have confidence guild housing is coming, or they wouldn’t have used up so much dev time getting community input. The CDI’s are only a waste if the community turns them into flame wars and other nastiness.

I agree CDI is only a bad thing when people try to use them as ego boost (my idea is good yours is bad) or to start flame wars like you put it. Last CDI got a bit sketchy because people forgot we were just having a discussion and it went from a discussion to a debate. The mature forum users should help keep this type of behavior to a minimum if we want to benefit from the CDI and shape the game in a positive way.

Necromancer Main

Oldirtbeard.9834

Well now if we’re going with tin foil hat theories than I suggest that the CDIs are really being conducted by Asura using the techniques they learned while playing mind games with Skritt in Metrica Province to brain wash us all into not liking our own shinies er I meant ideas!