What's the problem?

What's the problem?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

When I am ingame 95% of the population seems to love the game.
When I am on the fora, 95% of the population absolutely despises the game.

I wont start a big discussion here, just one question on one matter.

People complain about the quantity, while the quality (in my opinion) is very good.
Sure, I finish every living story in 2 a 3 days. But that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy them. I got more stuff to do. It’s like people think that since the LS started, the rest of the game has been shut down. Heck, like the rest of their computer has shut down.
I personally play GW2 on the LS schedule, and when I finish it I go do other stuff. I have other ingame stuff to do like working for a legendary, or I got other games to play. I don’t sit in front of the PC, waiting for a forthnight’s tuesday every time..

So that’s my question (kind of) why do people think Living Story is all there is anymore?
Enjoy its quality a bit more, I like quality over quantity anytime

What's the problem?

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

You and I are on two very different wavelengths. I’ve oft complained the Living Story focused entirely too much on quantity and nearly enough on quality.

What's the problem?

Ayakaru.6583

You and I are on two very different wavelengths. I’ve oft complained the Living Story focused entirely too much on quantity and nearly enough on quality.

So, in your opinion it’s still too much?
Personally I find it the quite the right amount in balance, but that’s subject to change, I guess.

What's the problem?

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Personally I find it the quite the right amount in balance, but that’s subject to change, I guess.

The polish for this season has been much improved over that of last, but Season 2 is in its infancy. If they’re able to maintain this level of quality throughout, some (but by no means all) of my problems with the Living Story will have been addressed. But if they lapse into the bug-ridden, filler-filled releases we got last year, then I’ll go right back to railing against the Living Story.

What's the problem?

Ayakaru.6583

The polish for this season has been much improved over that of last, but Season 2 is in its infancy. If they’re able to maintain this level of quality throughout, some (but by no means all) of my problems with the Living Story will have been addressed. But if they lapse into the bug-ridden, filler-filled releases we got last year, then I’ll go right back to railing against the Living Story.

Agreed, partially.
I do believe that if a LS lasts for a year, a short break might be good. I’m not really fond of wintersday myself, but I do believe it’s good for the community. Otherwise halloween or dragonbash

What's the problem?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You’ve pretty much answered your question at the start of your post: People who like the game are in game playing and enjoying it. People who don’t like it come to the forum to complain and/or discuss how they think it could be better.

The reasons will vary greatly but in general you’ll find more disgruntled people on any games forum than in game.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

What's the problem?

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

People who love the game are playing. People who don’t are complaining on the forums.

What's the problem?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

People who love the game are playing. People who don’t are complaining on the forums.

Said John Smedley at NGE.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.