What's there to do once at lvl 80?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Evilwalker.7294

Evilwalker.7294

Alright for awhile now I have been off and on MMO’s Aion, Old Republic,WoW… And I have come to the conclusion.. There all the same.

But I have recently started playing GW2 and IMO it blows all the other MMO’s away, It’s the most living world I have seen. I want an MMO that’s crowded with people like it was runescape lol.

Also the exp gaining system is great, I don’t really care for crafting. I’m more of a “find the fastest way to gain exp” kinda guy, But I like to have fun with it. Like being in groups. Being able to complete events and kill champs is really motivational on playing this game.

So now the main question.. I usually quit an MMO after I get a gut feeling that i’m wasting my time. Now other than runescape I have not played a MMO enough to get to lvl 80. I’m really enjoying this game and don’t want that gut feeling lol. As the title states, What’s there to look forward too once I hit the lvl cap? I still want to have as much fun as I am now. But without looking forward to that next lvl up.. what can I set for a goal to go after?

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

People always say that you dont have to rush to the lvl cap because….something
anyways at lvl 80 theres tons and tons and tons of stuff to do.
you can go for a legendary or an ascended weapon if you are fine with the grind
you can master dungeons which is really fun
you can explore the world (map completion = gift of exploration = tiny part of legendary)
you can spvp which is really fun
you can wvw which is also really fun
you can make challenges for yourself – solo content and things like that
you can make an alt and experience different classes
you can do…i hate to say it…LS
etc..
this list might seem short but it really isnt if you look at how much there is to do in each of the thing i listed.
Also its fun to waste time in gw2. When i have time on weekends i spend maybe 30-40 min talking to peeps in la

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

If you are a hardcore player, like myself, then farming for a commander title and tier 3 cultural armor is something you might like to do. After you receive the “commander tag” then you are considered a leader on your server and every time you put on your commander tag, people will flock to you because they expect an event will happen, or is currently happening at that location. They will naturally look to you for leadership and you can come up with strategies of how to take towers or castles in WvW.

If you’re an experienced player, create a guild and see how large you can get it to be. (Though, this is probably the most difficult thing in the game to do, it’s still rewarding. I created a guild and basically spammed my recruiter’s message 24/7, yet nearly nobody whispered me asking to join. Good luck anyway.)

Apparently, you and I are the same when it comes to mmos. I generally quit an mmo after I feel like I’m wasting my time. Because I’ve completed all of the goals I wanted to complete, I feel like I waste my life every time I log-in when there’s not a new patch. The only days I play on now are when Anet implements the Living Story patches, and I usually complete those in a few hours. (Unless Anet time-gates it. CURSE you time-gaters!)

If you complete all of the things I listed like I have, then the only thing left to do is the Living Story content that is thrown at you every two weeks. I don’t know, you might enjoy it, but I find it almost intolerable. It may get to the point where I stop playing on the patch days too! At least, until Anet comes up with a patch that will bring me back.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Make yourself look pretty/dashing.

Posted by: Spooky Mulder.1524

Spooky Mulder.1524

WvW is what you do at level 80

Commander Minerva Vix
[CoSA]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Some people like achievement points. Because there’s new content every two weeks, there’s always something going on. In a couple of days, for example, there’s a new dungeon path for Twilight Arbor coming in.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Nothing much EXTRA really to do at lvl 80. Just think of the game being a little bit more easier to do thanks to the better gear you have access to as well as skills.

Btw I also come form Runescape (played 12ish years there on and off) and if you are anything like me you will be glad here for the no GRIND ( I mean true grind and legendary/ascended items do NOT come close) and just straight up fun that you can have.

Having said that tho I do have to warn that there is far, far, far less in content here than there especially when it comes to anything other than combat wise. Having said that tho just remember this is a game with only 1 year’s worth of content thus far compared to 12-ish. :P

Oh and I had a small smile when you said you wished this game had as many players as that does. Mainly because this game at it’s current state right now, VERY MUCH so reminds me of how Runescape was in it’s state at the 1 year mark (or perhaps more correctly so 1 year mark after members came out). The content, quality of community, etc I am talking about oh and I guess you could say the dedicated creators of course.

So, with all that in mind I can only see this game in a good light with a good future and I do EXPECT the player base to grow massively just as that other game did. TBH the only things that stops 90% of the players that play that game to be able to enjoy this is either:

1 – Not having a good enough computer.
2 – Not knowing about this game or how good it is.

And as for the other 10%:
3 – Not being able to break that addiction (give up on grinding) to try other games lol…

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Anthony.7219

Anthony.7219

I’m more casual because people won’t let me play as much as I want, and compared to many MMOs (I’ve play SWG, Lineage 2, GW, City of Heroes, WoW, Aion, Rift, SWTOR) this game has TONS to do.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Most of the game at 80 is just a grind hoping for that special loot drop with .01% rate.

It doesn’t change much if at all except you will have all of your traits and begin gearing up aka grinding for ascended.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Collect dyes/minis, farm/grind/chase carrots. Roleplay! The sky is the limit.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.