What's up with Lions Arch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

It’s been, what, about 5 months since Scarlet destroyed Lions Arch. In that time you’ve built a few coffee tables and platforms in LA and moved in some NPCs. Are you going to leave it trashed and ugly or do something, gradually, to restore it to a city that looks like a…no, the main city of a world should look like?

If Halloween or Wintersday happens with LA looking like it currently looks that’s gonna be ridiculous (“NPCs” putting up holiday decorations but can’t be bothered with cleaning up rubble or fixing any buildings). Plus it currently looks like crap.

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They also added a birthday npc that gives you a title.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

If it’s not like 5 times nicer than before it was destroyed, I’m going to be pretty disappointed. LA wasn’t even that great before. The city made of boats thing was cool I guess, but it’d old news now. What’s next, they’ll incorporate the remains of the drill when they rebuild the city? Could be cool, but I’m really sick of LA looking like trash. The wreckage scene at LA was old after the first couple of weeks, now it’s just obnoxious. Maybe it’s just bothersome because they haven’t really said anything about it since the Pavilion. It’s getting really annoying how quiet ANet is being.

From the interview with Matt Wuerffel:
(in response to a question about SAB) “We can’t really comment about what our long term plans are for the game…”

Taking it a little out of context, but.. that’s kind of a troubling thing to hear from the company that used to love nothing more than talking about their plans for the game.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I hope it will forever be a ruin.

Wintersday in Divinity’s Reach, halloween in The Grove, and naked tuesdays in Hoelbrak(cus the cold will make it fun for everyone).

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

all i want to know is. When can we rob the old bank for gold >.>

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

This is why I didn’t vote for Kiel.

If we had Evon on the council, he would have used his own wealth on fixing up LA. We would have had orichalchum-cobbled streets and houses constructed out of Ancient Planks and Bloodstone Bricks.

He would’ve bought the services of the hard working Skritt rather than depending on the unionized pirate shills currently slowly down construction efforts while increasing costs.

But nooooooo, people wanted waypoint costs to be cheaper for a few weeks. I bet y’all don’t even remember how much it was reduced by.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Evon will spend his gold on others? Ha! He sure was enthusiastic to provide those weapons during the LA Assault living story.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

This is why I didn’t vote for Kiel.

If we had Evon on the council, he would have used his own wealth on fixing up LA. We would have had orichalchum-cobbled streets and houses constructed out of Ancient Planks and Bloodstone Bricks.

He would’ve bought the services of the hard working Skritt rather than depending on the unionized pirate shills currently slowly down construction efforts while increasing costs.

But nooooooo, people wanted waypoint costs to be cheaper for a few weeks. I bet y’all don’t even remember how much it was reduced by.

It was either 15 or 20%, although the people saying that the Black Lion Key price reduction being better are being too thickheaded to realize that it would have been a 25% sale for 4 weeks, which is also pretty useless.

Anyways, I think Anet is just being lazy on this one because the Zephyrites DID pay and also give us supplies to rebuild Lion’s Arch…

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Evon will spend his gold on others? Ha! He sure was enthusiastic to provide those weapons during the LA Assault living story.

The point there is, he was ORDERED first, and asked never.

I’m sure he could have found a way to turn it to his advantage, given a chance, to do it. Just as I’m sure he can find a way to make a profit or gain off of helping to rebuild Lion’s Arch.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: The Pied Piper.9827

The Pied Piper.9827

It’s been, what, about 5 months since Scarlet destroyed Lions Arch. In that time you’ve built a few coffee tables and platforms in LA and moved in some NPCs. Are you going to leave it trashed and ugly or do something, gradually, to restore it to a city that looks like a…no, the main city of a world should look like?

If Halloween or Wintersday happens with LA looking like it currently looks that’s gonna be ridiculous (“NPCs” putting up holiday decorations but can’t be bothered with cleaning up rubble or fixing any buildings). Plus it currently looks like crap.

It would take alot longer then 5 months to rebuild a whole city. It would have been nice, if in each episode they also added some parts of LA rebuilt. This way you can actually see the progression of it being rebuilt, instead of just one day they have it all built back.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

It would take alot longer then 5 months to rebuild a whole city. It would have been nice, if in each episode they also added some parts of LA rebuilt. This way you can actually see the progression of it being rebuilt, instead of just one day they have it all built back.

I don’t know about anyone else here, but I could not care less about how long it would take to realistically build the city. Realism is so far out the window in this game, there are few places where that argument can even be made. It’s a fictional universe, and ANet can do whatever they want.

Now, how long it would take to make the content… well, I can’t imagine they haven’t been working on it, so I guess it is taking this long. I just really hope it isn’t a disappointment.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I actually like the new city. Everything is closer together near wp like fractals. Crafting in LA never been easier.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

sorry for the off-topic, but are there any other things like this that were stealth-added? I had no idea this was there. that black lion armorsmith trader (boost powder vendor) was also a surprise to me. I’m just curious what I’m missing out by not talking with every single NPC after every update.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

sorry for the off-topic, but are there any other things like this that were stealth-added? I had no idea this was there. that black lion armorsmith trader (boost powder vendor) was also a surprise to me. I’m just curious what I’m missing out by not talking with every single NPC after every update.

Neither of those were stealth patches. They were and are included in patch notes listed both on the forums, wiki, and external sources like dulfy.

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

If Halloween or Wintersday happens with LA looking like it currently looks that’s gonna be ridiculous.

Good point about the holiday events. I wonder how they will be handled if LA isn’t rebuilt very rapidly.
I don’t mind seeing the city being destroyed, but removing waypoints, even if it was only one, needs to be reversed. Waypoints are the one thing that help to keep the other tedious aspects of the game under control, I do not want to see a trend of it being considered okay to shut down ANY waypoint in an social/activity hub like a city.
And yes I know there’s another bank near another waypoint in LA, I don’t kitten-ing care. Shutting down waypoints is bad enough in poorly designed zones like Orr and Southsun, I don’t want to see it spread into the cities in any way, shape or form.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Scarlet contributed all the scrap metal that we need in order to rebuild LA stronger than ever before in its history.

Things DO get built quickly in Tyria. How long did it take Scarlet to build the Breechmaker (in secret – even harder to do!) once she came up with her plan?

ANet is just leaving junk scattered all over the landscape to remind us that this is a “living” world. It just looks like it’s been killed off.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

It takes five months to build a city.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Two things:

1) Not enough supply as someone used it all to build golems
2) Nobody wants to spend the coin to hire a second worker

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

wow, this thread is all over the place.. it’s gone from lions arch is ugly to crying about waypoints and super adventure box.. holidays? we already skipped dragons bash, what? the free people of tyria can’t afford piñatas and burnable effigies now? makes sense. . . and tell me what redeeming values does lions arch have that it should be rebuilt as soon as possible.. it was a town run by pirates, who by the way aren’t responsible for the destruction as much as countless deaths during the attack.. it was a town built on strife and strengthened through the free peoples of tyria, who are incidentally still plagued by elder dragons..

i only agree that we should have seen some reasonable changes since march.. it’s currently a grief stricken merchant outpost, which makes sense.. arena net may be busy, but they should have went a few steps farther and [suggestion] replaced the lions statue with the holographic projector.. {it’s already built, just have some trendy asuran program a lion hologram}
also, i think a new symbol should be implemented [and determined by the players] seeing how any history or persons who took pride in the “lion’s arch” is and are thoroughly Dead..
i vote sea-lion’s arch    n_n

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

LA was a “Free City”, open to all. (Well, okay… the Risen were required to have a special pass). It was one of the worlds’ major crossroads for commerce. And the local Two-Ters restaurant had the best Moa Wings! It needs to be restored.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

speaking of moa, i’m hoping tigg broadens his horizons and when lion’s arch Is rebuilt he formulates a mini moa tonic.. so instead of moa racing we can have a revamped dolyak tonic race {except with moas}

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

“Yeah, its so easy to just rebuild the city like if nothing happened to it in a very short span of time just for OUR convenience. I mean, an assault that basically killed many people and destroyed many areas within Lion’s Arch is nothing that can be fixed within a few months, right? "

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

what happened to all that gold we donated in the plaza to rebuild LA? Oh that’s right. It was just a gold sink.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

what happened to all that gold we donated in the plaza to rebuild LA? Oh that’s right. It was just a gold sink.

well, it paid the administration cost for the gem store.

Posted by: Bel Geode.8129

Bel Geode.8129

Wintersday in Divinity’s Reach, halloween in The Grove, and naked tuesdays in Hoelbrak(cus the cold will make it fun for everyone).

As a norn, I wholeheartedly support the establishment of naked tuesdays in Hoelbrak!

Make it so.

Find Bel Geode- THE Purple Norn on twitch tv.
“Doing The Dailies " Weeknights at 8PM EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/belgeode

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

As a norn, I wholeheartedly support the establishment of naked tuesdays in Hoelbrak!

Make it so.

It’s cold in Hoelbrak! One word: shrinkage.

#likeafrightenedturtle

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Hush OP, that poor NPC has been hammering on the same spot for weeks, you know how insulting that must feel for him, knowing that he’s pointless?

He has one job, LA deserves it’s fate if the handymen are morons who hammer things for weeks but still leave a (comical, titter) hole to fall into.

Jesus, my Dad is similar to Tim Allen in terms of DIY but he could’ve fixed the bridge by now and had the Taj Mahal up and running.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Get Rata Sum a Mystic Toilet and there will be no need to ever rebuilt that chaotic pile of tsunami residues.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.