What's wrong with this community?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Haellymm.3801

Haellymm.3801

I bought this game years ago and played it for a while until life stepped in and I had to quit until now. I play his when I have the time, and even though I really want to, the people playing this game as well are starting to make me feel like this decision was a mistake.

My max level was 33, on an asura ranger. I decided to start fresh and made a new toon – a sylvari thief. I noticed some Tomes on my bank and I used them, now I’m level 26, but my gear is too weak for me to actually handle myself in combat. I’ve asked help from a few people but all I got was cold behavior from their part.

I tried PvP, but these people are so toxic, so vile that I just turned the game off. I remmeber that everyone was so nic to each other back then, but now everyone’s mean and toxic… maybe coming back was a bad idea.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

What help have you asked for? If you are playing PvP on a character you have no idea about playing, try the server list. As for gear, there are NPC’s that sell weapons and armor. Sure it will be white gear, but it will help till you get better gear.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Laera Myrith.7605

Laera Myrith.7605

Are you NA or EU? If your on EU feel free to message me in game I’m always willing to lend a hand

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Just farm some lower level crafting materials for about 3 minutes, sell them on the trading post, and buy like level green or blue items on the trading post. These items sell for next to notHing.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I am curious about what you want people to actually do.
You are on very low level characters, go to low level zones and hit things. If you die, respawn (it is incredibly cheap to use the waypoints at that level). If the equipment that you get from each level up does not do enough buy very very cheap armour and weapons off the TP.
You can get to 80 only doing map completion and be at 80 with about 40% of the map done so you have lots of training space.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I bought this game years ago and played it for a while until life stepped in and I had to quit until now. I play his when I have the time, and even though I really want to, the people playing this game as well are starting to make me feel like this decision was a mistake.

My max level was 33, on an asura ranger. I decided to start fresh and made a new toon – a sylvari thief. I noticed some Tomes on my bank and I used them, now I’m level 26, but my gear is too weak for me to actually handle myself in combat. I’ve asked help from a few people but all I got was cold behavior from their part.

I tried PvP, but these people are so toxic, so vile that I just turned the game off. I remmeber that everyone was so nic to each other back then, but now everyone’s mean and toxic… maybe coming back was a bad idea.

I would suggest doing some research before asking a ton of question and blaming the community.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

You can also access the wiki in game with /wiki

Here is where you can make builds.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Here are lists of top builds and how to play them.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: XerMeLL.6042

XerMeLL.6042

just a small tip.

1. do hearts for the karma and exp but dont spent any of it until you reach 80. you can buy exotic from temple. its a good starting gear for farming.
2.salvage all of green blue with basic salvage kit. yellow with master kit. make sure tmyou kept globs of ectoplasm thats 50s each in tp.
3. mine everything atleast from iron platinum etc. cut all woods too in level 20 up maps. very in demand.
4. every 10 levels 10 20 30 to 80 do the story quest and it will give you rare and exotic gears.
5. dont buy gears if your below 80. get it from story.
6. look for world boss guide in google. easy rares and gold.
7. send me a mail of your char class and level. ill buy you some gears.

This is the last MMORPG ill play.

Posted by: Xynful.8140

Xynful.8140

You can always join a guild. Guilds that I’ve been a part of have players that aren’t “toxic”. Of course, there are a couple of bad apples but most of them have been helpful. And there are guilds with veterans who are willing to help you in-game.

You can make a topic here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor to find a guild or you could just choose one of the guild topics there and ask to join.

“Monica” – Denzel Washington

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

1) Try to find an active guild. It’s one of the easiest and best ways to find helpful and knowledgeable players. (www.GuildX.com is a good place to find some. Or you could just ask who’s recruiting while in Lion’s Arch.)

2) If you can’t get an immediate answer from map chat, then use the wiki. Maybe you were on a low-populated map with others who were still learning the game and didn’t have the answers you were seeking because they didn’t know either.

3) Yes, PvP is very salty and filled with very toxic, elitist players. The best thing to do is to just ignore the haters and try to learn your class a little better.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

if the help you are seeking for is to carry you on their back, that’s not gonna happen.

if you asking for help to obtain a combative HP, well, u’re unlucky i guess, gw2 has really large population and even the helpful portion is just 1%, it still few hundreds of people and if u can’t encounter them, u r simply unlucky.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I find gw2 community being one of the nicest ones I’ve been in. Sure, like in everywhere, there are kittens, but people are generally helpful.

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

The problem is the 2 things you tried.

1) It probably sounded like begging (no one likes)
You can easily get gear from npc merchants or karma merchants.

2) PvP was probably always toxic but got worse with HoT, f2p, and PvP leagues. Its because of defeats and so naturally people get salty.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

PVP always brings out the worst in people in any game.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

that’s true though, PVP usually brings out the worst side of competitive people.

Posted by: Kirschsahne.2081

Kirschsahne.2081

It’s very easy.

A huge part of the community left the game because GW2 is not what it should be.

Left over are people who are not interested in anything else than loot bag clicking and hard core raider.
These people have usually a more questionable character.
So i am not surprised that people start noticing a change in behavior and hostile
environments.

If A-Net brings back adventuring and relaxed playing around content instead
check marking shopping list and huge group elite events i can see
lots of people coming back and brining back the spirit of a healthy community

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It’s very easy.

A huge part of the community left the game because GW2 is not what it should be.

Left over are people who are not interested in anything else than loot bag clicking and hard core raider.
These people have usually a more questionable character.
So i am not surprised that people start noticing a change in behavior and hostile
environments.

If A-Net brings back adventuring and relaxed playing around content instead
check marking shopping list and huge group elite events i can see
lots of people coming back and brining back the spirit of a healthy community

Not all of the remaining players are just interested in loot bag opening and raiding. Want to know how I know? Because I’m one of those people not interested in just loot bag opening and raiding.

@Haellymm.3801 What did you need help with specifically?

Posted by: Bhaalspawn.3546

Bhaalspawn.3546

I started not too long ago and levelled a toon to 80 in a few weeks with no idea how to play the game. Don’t think too much about what you are doing, the game seems to be designed (or nerfd) to almost throw levels at you.
Each racial area will take anyone, getting mobbed in 15-25 then run all the 4 other 1-15’s and so on. Your gear won’t really even count.
The ‘community’ in game is the same as in every other MMO, possibly a bit younger and from wow. Voice Comms, Steam and Consoles destroyed anyone helping anyone else years ago. Go solo its not hard, forget gear, its pretty pointless until ‘End Game’ where it really doesn’t matter much unless you are in a kittenty guild who won’t play with anyone who isn’t ‘Meta’.
Play same or lower level zones and forget guilds, no one wants to know in them until your gear is as good as theirs.
Bit of a wobbly set of advice but simply the game is so easy to level, levelling has no meaning. If you are struggling change your class, the skills numbered 1-5 are not really changeable so if you are used to rotations you like, ie, putting things where you want, you will struggle. If I remember right the rangers no3 is a skill that stops auto-attack, bit pointless in the middle button.
I went engineer, every ‘guide’ said its useless, rubbish, pointless, whatever, but for new people even keys 1-4 are useful and wont kill you by leaving you next to a mob you were trying to range and the turrets are really good.
Unless you are ‘Meta’ ofc, then all the do is make you cry.
btw never ever read Dulfy or any reddit site (for any game), the builds are for end game people who cant figure out how to play the toons they levelled, anyone who does should be banned for botting.

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

There are Good Helpful Guilds adverting in LA and Divinity. My own is Quite newbie friendly feel free to ping me in game for an invite. C.

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.

Posted by: XerMeLL.6042

XerMeLL.6042

PM me now, problem solve.

This is the last MMORPG ill play.

Posted by: Final Boss.8316

Final Boss.8316

If you don’t like it, don’t play it. It’s as simple as that. PvP isn’t for you.

Posted by: particlepinata.9865

particlepinata.9865

Im a PVE-er on the eu servers and mostly surrounded by friendly players. Join the PVE side!