What's your favorite new spec?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

My favorite is a Mirage.
Mirage looks amazing and it looks it’s kinda complicated I mean there is much to do with Mirage.

I will check all of new specializations but I am looking forward to a Mirage

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Posted by: bigchunk.5190

bigchunk.5190

Easily the spell weaver. I don’t even main elementalist but being able to combine elements to make unique attacks sounds really cool. 4X4 elements makes for 16 possibilities!

Fire/earth could be chunks of molten rock, or Air/Water could be freezing wind. It’s just cool to imagine what’s possible here.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Easily the spell weaver. I don’t even main elementalist but being able to combine elements to make unique attacks sounds really cool. 4X4 elements makes for 16 possibilities!

Fire/earth could be chunks of molten rock, or Air/Water could be freezing wind. It’s just cool to imagine what’s possible here.

Actually theres 42~ skills because all the weapons have unique middle skills.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Id say the spellbreaker and the renegate. Renegate looks boring in design but i love the animations meanwhile spellbreaker just looks like a joy to play.

I was most hyped for mirage being a mesmer main but alas, i wasnt excited with the condi aproach.

Posted by: bigchunk.5190

bigchunk.5190

Oh, you’re right. I thought only the sword could have unique hybrid skills. That’s even cooler!

Posted by: Hibiskus.8294

Hibiskus.8294

Well, the Mirage, since i just have an lvl 80 Mesmer (yes, Mesmer was my Starter Class) and a lvl 80 thief (just got him cause i used the lvl 80 boost…so no map is explored, i just used the boost, why? It took a place in my bank.)

Also the Mirage …why? The Alacrity stat feels absolute useless for solo play…..yeah i heard some ppl saying it is good group support but me and the little guild where i am in are mostly solo players cause we work to different times in the week…but i hear also several ppl saying that the nerved Alacrity (from 66% to 33% now feels useless since it is a real short buff and already hard to keep it up…), then : The Shield as an off hand weapon has hgih CD´s…ok…i love how the skills are designed, but i think mainhand axe is way better with the CD´s….

BUT: beside the mirage i also loved the short videos from spell weaver (merging the elemets how cool sounds that?), soul beast (imagine to merge for a short time with the pets and gain his abilitys…cool, also you don´t loose the pets, no you get new cool looking ones, in the videos i saw 2…. and i am still waiting for old ranger pets to have a non fighting miniature for very class to follow around….like the fire and electro wyvern…. ), the engineer (fighting with light, generating heat to make more dmg, need to watch to the heat cause to much causes you dmg….so you need tactics), also the necromancer sound like a cool opinion, but there i am not soo sure….warrior seems to get 2 daggers, wich also sound cool, but there i am also not so sure….

So i really, really wish that i could explore every Map with new characters in one single day….(meaning : making a checkmark in a box in the character creation(or for old chars that diescovered not everyting in the character selection screen): discover with the new char every map that you already had discovered with an old char, WARNING: when you make this you will get NO Map discovery rewards, not a single one, also no legendary tribute)…but i dont think this will ever be aviable….

so i am still hoping for mirage….to be better than chronomancer for solo play, i was first hyped as i heared that chrono has alacrity, but then dissapointed how it was, i dont really see my CD´s going down, also it is hard for a solo player to keep alacrity up since you have the aggro…maybe, i say maybe it IS a good group support, but i hear enough ppl that are saying the nerv from 66% to 33% was too hard and that chrono is now the most useless elite from HoT….

So Mirage, Mirage, Mirage! It sounds cool, the skills are looking cool and it seems that it is better for solo players than chrono….(also sry if my english is not the best…it is not my main language…)

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

You the weaver looks interesting alot of new combos to test out for elementalist (6 dual skills per mainhand). The scourge (barier support, torment/burn/cripple or corrupt condition/boons) and firebrand (healing, burning or boon support) look awesome for support. The spellbreaker is the most OP class at melee. Alot of boon hate and anti condition spec with the new elites.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Weaver looks great, and I wanted a sniper thief for ever, and while I didn’t think much of dagger warrior the skills look awesome in the preview so now hyped to try it.

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Conceptually, Deadeye. Gameplay-wise… I can’t say I’m looking forward to any of them tbh. I just want more maps, story and stuff out of PoF. Elite specs just didn’t grab my attention much this time.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I really can’t judge without playing them. They ALL have elements that appeal to me in terms of visuals and theoretical impact, but it all comes down to “feel,” do they seem to have as much impact as they could, do I seem to die too quickly, or not deal damage fast enough? I can’t really tell from descriptions alone.

Weaver’s the biggest risk to me, because it seems very interesting, but also very complicated, and my enjoyment of the class will come down to how simply I can play it while still being impactful. If it requires players to flawlessly dance from ele to ele in the correct patterns, then I probably wouldn’t be able to have fun with it, but if it’s balanced so that a player can just shift to the elements that his whim takes him to and still find fun things to do there, then I think it could be great.

Spellbreaker and Scourge sound cool, but have a lot of anti-boon stuff, and enemies don’t typically rely on boons, so unless the mob meta in PoF changes drastically, they seem like beautiful wastes of time.

The Soulbeast sounds like a nifty concept, but given that they won’t have pets to tank for them, their internalized defense and offense will need to shoot way up.

Deadeye is what I was looking for in a sniper, but it will be a lot less mobile than a DD, and it’s unclear whether it’s strong enough to make up for that.

Mirage seems kinda cool, but a movement-less dodge doesn’t seem to work with GW2’s “Always Be Moving” combat system, where ground AoE circles are all over the place, and the Mesmer is already a slow class. They’ll need to be immune to ground targeted AoE AND “un-evadable attacks” if they aren’t going to be able to move out of the way.

Firebrand, I love the theme and the visuals, but there’s a lot to it, and it really depends on whether any of it is actually useful. I’m not sure how they’re meant to be played. Like are you meant to use a Tome as a primary weapon kit?

Renegade I think is cool, but the Herald is an indispensable element of the core Revenant class. I’ll have a hard time swapping it out just to be able to fire flaming death ponies at my enemies. If they would let us swap out Ventari instead of Glint it would be a much easier choice.

Holosmith. . . ok. I mean what I’ve seen looks interesting, but I have absolutely no idea what it does, and I don’t know how annoying the heat factor will be to manage, whether it will be tolerable.

I definitely want to try them all out, and we’ll see how it goes.

I do hope that they will have more than just the one beta weekend, because I can’t really make this one, and want to be able to try everything out a bit before I start working on my existing characters to get them into shape.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

“I do hope that they will have more than just the one beta weekend, because I can’t really make this one, and want to be able to try everything out a bit before I start working on my existing characters to get them into shape.”

We will get two beta weekends (both for free): on August 11 and August 18. And they will last 3 days. So we’ll have the time to check all of the specs and other contents.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

We will get two beta weekends (both for free): on August 11 and August 18. And they will last 3 days. So we’ll have the time to check all of the specs and other contents.

Awesome!

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Rong.5470

Rong.5470

List of OP and awesomeness:
1) Spellbreaker
2) Weaver
3) Scourge
4) Holosmith
5) Firebrand (I know many guardians are kittened off but these skill animations are beautiful)
6) Renegade (I ‘main’ rev and consider these skill animations childish)
7) Deadeye (Sadly I also play thief :c, no aiming, pew pew, cs version for kittens)
8) Soulbeast (You made this spec in 5 mins, dont you Anet xd?)

I don’t know what to think about Mirrage – I’m too confused so I will leave it alone. Dodge without displacement – hmm I use dodge to escape from danger, not only evade dmg so meh. I don’t like crystal/ mirror (?) mechanics. It would be 8 or 9 on my list.
In few day we will cry that spellbreakers and weavers are so kittening op, we’re gonna quit and never come back because of how this kitten is op with all barriers what makes weaver especially immortal in earth attument.

(edited by Rong.5470)

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

I am fine with Daredevil, I really love it so far (except for the staff. Such a stupid decision to go for a broomstick as weapon for a sneaky person that steals and should be fast and efficient, so Fist Flurry and such made sense instead of waving around with a huge and heavy stick).

But as a fan of Splinter Cell (1-3), THIEF, Dishonored 1-2, I always missed the fact to stay on a ledge (i.e. right now in the jungle), looking down to a foe (e.g. A patroulling Mordem guy) and just snipe it from the shadows. In all the games above I can do it somehow, the F2000 in Splinter Cell, the bow in THIEF, the crossbow in Dishonored, as well as the pistol. Here I always had to go face to face and then let the dagger bounce – or expose myself and pump ’em full of lead with both pistols.

While generally enjoying it, the whole Thief classes in GW2 are a pure joy for a type of player like me, especially since it’s really mean and kitten… unlike other games that go for “ninjas” and such BS. So the deadeye is just more of a cool and refreshing take on the “guy in the dark picking on a few single guys”.

I am not interested so much in the other jobs, even though it seems the majority in this game enjoys magic classes, which is fine. I enjoy cold steel and bare fists :-)

Excelsior.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

well, i am farming skill points on my yet-to-be max level thief, i love to make a sniper. (then again, why call it deadeye if it’s obviously a sniping)

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Actually it’s not 4X4 possibilities, but 3+2+1=6 combined skills and 4 pure skills for the skill 3 slot. That’s 18 new skills for our old weapons. The sword comes with a total of 18 skills.

Still, weaver and deadeye are easily the elite specs I’m most hyped for.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

As a mesmer…

…Spellbreaker.

Though tbh I can’t really say until having tested a few of them this coming friday.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Even though I’m a Ranger, I’m more excited with Holosmith. The heat mechanic – on paper – is interesting. I’ve also waited for a reason to use my Shashadoo since crafting it. Sword n board Holosmith!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.