What should I do next...?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pandalishus.8426

Pandalishus.8426

I’m posting here not as a whine, but to get so real input from the community. I’ve been away from GW2 for 6-8 months and, upon returning, am remembering this is really an excellent MMO. At the same time, i also realize I don’t have much of a clue about what to do, aside from completing maps and running after dynamic events. When I played at launch, I tried a dungeon or two, but my rear end kicked, so that was a “one and done” type of thing (I know, I know. I should have stuck with it). Anyway, now that I’m hoping to play with some regularity, I wonder if some of you could point me what keeps you coming back to the game each day/week, etc.

Here’s where I stand so far:
80 Norn Guardian
75% map completion (so I’m keeping after that).
Full exotic gear
62k karma with no idea where to spend it
2 laurels (:D)
1g
Annnnnd… that’s it.

Any tips are appreciated. And while I’m open to any and all suggestions, I think I might help some narrow it down by saying that in the MMO-that-shall-not-be-named, what kept me coming back was raiding. (Feel free to interpret that however you wish)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can find all the patch notes here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news

and all the game release information here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

as well as the news here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/

Welcome back! =)

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Grind for legendary, farm dungeons and events, jumping puzzles and mediocre pvp pretty much it.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Wish I could tell you there is lots to do, but mostly it’s farming..be it for gold or for a legendary or both… I find fractals to be fun for a while and WvW is fun. Might as well level crafting on an alt for the levels.

As for farming locations, right now (I could be wrong) but the best things to do are the instigators in southsun and union waypoint in malchor’s leap.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

you should get involved in the ‘Secret of the Southsun’ story. And while there find the Blooming Passioflora to gather Passion Flowers. Though they don’t cost as much as they used to, thanks to the introduction of these new bushes, they are valuable. We also don’t know if the bushes will continue blooming after the Living Story moves somewhere else.

Dungeons (except Arah) are not impossible. But you do need a good party for them. I know, others have no problems with Arah, it is my issue with unlucky dodging. worth trying them all once at least.

If you have little questions and I happen to be in game, feel free to whisper.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

What to do? Simple, have FUN. So having said that no one can tell you what to do because only you know what’s fun for you. Explore all of the game, by that I don’t mean getting 100% world I mean trying everything to see what’s most fun for you.

You can try WvW, SPvP, jump puzzles, mini dungeons, other achievements, Dungeons or just muck about roaming the zones helping out random people while mindlessly killing things. Tip about your Karma tho, save it and you can buy some rare or exotic gears, personally for my alts I save it all up for level 80 and get Power/Toughness/vitaly gear from WvW. Good, cheap gear until I can make exotics for them.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You should join a guild with some friendly peeps that can show you the ropes in dungeons. There’s 43 dungeon paths and Fractals are really fun!

We are having a lot of fun with Guild Missions, regularly have 80-100 people on Mumble coordinating – I honestly think it’s better than raiding

Posted by: Ravenmorghane.9287

Ravenmorghane.9287

I agree with Karizee, I find the game much more fun playing with others, so I joined a bigger guild (because my original guildies stopped playing) and have since enjoyed it massively. We do guild missions, dungeons and fractals, jumping puzzles, random events and exploration, and a fun drinking game that we’ve devised.
We also pick goals, titles, target gear or items to achieve and help each other to get them.

People get so complacent of video games. There’s loads of stuff to do imo. Always reminds me of a song called Flagpole Sitta “if you’re bored then you’re boring” rings so true of western society.

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

I keep setting goals for myself on what I want to do next. Just recently I finished putting together There with Yakkington: A Traveler’s tale. I currently am working on saving up for a Volcanus which I am going to put on my mesmer when hit hits 80/leveling my mesmer to 80.

I also took the time to go through southsun cove again and get all the title achievements for the living story event. Had a blast doing the crab toss game, hoping it stays permanently so I have something to do besides keg brawl as a mini game!

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

Go for the Dungeon Master title. I started on that when I was bored, and it was quite the fun experience. Also nets you lots of money.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I am a dungeon runner mostly so obviously I would advocate dungeon running. I know I know, it can be hard, but also it’s all about the teamwork. 5 well kitted out toons that play with no teamwork will more likely wipe than most 5 man party that does good teamwork. It’s a team kind of game anyhow, and really there is little you can do without a good group.

Karma spending: if you don’t need anymore gear (temple armor etc) and not saving for obsidian shards (legendary mats) you can try spending it on Orrian Jewelry boxes. There’s a chance for minis, mats, lodestones, obsidian shards, more karma and MONEY from those things.