What should I do with these karma exotics?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aether.7250

Aether.7250

Alright, so a few months ago I went and filled the 6 accessory slots on my warrior with exotics from the temple karma vendors in Orr. As of today, I have now replaced 4 of the 6 exotic pieces with ascended pieces.

Now, since I’m pretty positive you can NOT salvage or Mystic Forge anything that you acquired through karma…is there ANYTHING I can do with these 4 exotic accessories sitting in my bank? I didn’t want to destroy them because, well, they are still pretty nice pieces of gear. But at this point they’re taking up space I could be using, so before I go ahead and destroy them, I just want to make sure there is nothing at all I can do with them.

[PYRO] – Maguuma
Sebastian Vettel – Wa (M) / Mylenne – Ra
Lux Crownguard – Me / Phalanx – Gu

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I thought you could chuck them in the forge?

Aether.7250

AH. See, it’s not letting me combine non-karma items AND karma items together in the forge. That’s why I thought I couldn’t do it.

But if I use 4 karma items, works fine. Thank you.

[PYRO] – Maguuma

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

The mystic forge,lol. People actually use that?

Posted by: Rusha.4725

Rusha.4725

More than you think, believe me.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

With karma items you have no choice but to mystic toilet them, no other way to get anything from them..

Elbegast.6970

With karma items you have no choice but to mystic toilet them, no other way to get anything from them..

I destroy the Karma items for the joy of freeing up a bag slot. The mystic toilet brings me no joy at all.

Aether.7250

Yeah, I started using the Mystic Forge maybe a month ago. I haven’t gotten anything of real value out of it, but a few weeks ago my friend got a precursor out of it from 4 random rares, so now I’m finding it hard to stop doing it…

[PYRO] – Maguuma

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I destroy the Karma items for the joy of freeing up a bag slot. The mystic toilet brings me no joy at all.

well it really helps to bring in extra profit by un-soulbinding items and turning them into a sellable exotic

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

well it really helps to bring in extra profit by un-soulbinding items and turning them into a sellable exotic

same here-
I chuck all my old karma stuff in the forge, I was really surprised to get a very cool rare GS the other day that one of my leveling characters could actually use, from a bunch of random green stuff that was clogging my space.

Gunnar’s Hold

Elbegast.6970

When I want gold, I go to the glitched camp in Brisban Wildlands. I, quite literally, stand in one spot and collect loot bags from the neverending mobs (mobs that are so glitched that their loot isn’t affected by diminishing returns).

Butter and chocolate = an easy 100g+ per 8 hours of farming. Not to mention the crafting mats and magic items.

The mystic forge does nothing but consume your gold while you gleefully watch with bated breath.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

When I want gold, I go to the glitched camp in Brisban Wildlands. I, quite literally, stand in one spot and collect loot bags from the neverending mobs (mobs that are so glitched that their loot isn’t affected by diminishing returns).

Butter and chocolate = an easy 100g+ per 8 hours of farming. Not to mention the crafting mats and magic items.

The mystic forge does nothing but consume your gold while you gleefully watch with bated breath.

Way to with admitting to exploiting. DING!

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I think you are missing the point here- it has nothing to do with how to earn gold, it has to do with turning soulbound karma items into something you can either sell or use on another character.
That you can do via the forge.
No one here is talking about making money

Gunnar’s Hold

Elbegast.6970

I think you are missing the point here- it has nothing to do with how to earn gold, it has to do with turning soulbound karma items into something you can either sell or use on another character.
That you can do via the forge.
No one here is talking about making money

Fair enough.
I would still rather destroy Karma items than to mystic-flush them. At least you know you won’t get your hopes up, only to be let down, by simply destroying them.

Elbegast.6970

I didn’t glitch the mobs out. I am simply doing what I am supposed to…..defend the camp from invaders. If Anet considers it an exploit, then they should fix it. I’m not stopping them. I’m merely taking full advantage of the mechanics the game has provided me. In other words, I’m playing the game rather than the game playing me.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I didn’t glitch the mobs out. I am simply doing what I am supposed to…..defend the camp from invaders. If Anet considers it an exploit, then they should fix it. I’m not stopping them. I’m merely taking full advantage of the mechanics the game has provided me. In other words, I’m playing the game rather than the game playing me.

I think it’s called taking advantage of a situation you clearly knew(by your own admission by calling it glitched) was not intended instead of reporting it. If i’m wrong you have my apologies.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Elbegast.6970

I think it’s called taking advantage of a situation you clearly knew(by your own admission by calling it glitched) was not intended instead of reporting it. If i’m wrong you have my apologies.

I’ve reported it (and so did my little brother) but it’s apparently been bugged out for quite a few months. It’s “Seraph Observers Waypoint” in Brisban. I noticed many posts about it from doing a google search.
It doesn’t seem to be a priority for Anet, so I am taking advantage of it while it lasts. They have the power to fix it. They choose not to.