What stat will replace MF in celestial gear?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

As the title says, i wonder what stat(s) you will put in there?

Will it be a flat increase of the remaining stats or will it be a new one like boon duration, which btw is a rumor i heard.

Would be really cool if we at least got a hint on whats coming so we can go on playing the game instead of storing charged crystal quarts.

Posted by: Jatacid.3725

Jatacid.3725

I don’t imagine them doing anything too drastic.
They said it becomes an account stat so maybe like how you accumulate skill points you accumulate magic find. Any MF that you had on any of your gear would simply be awarded as bonus to that pool.

Maybe, all speculation eh

I would suggest getting a green set of MF though just in case.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

i think it will be boon duration or condition duration. there is also the two other magic find sets. i think the power/precision/mf set will get switched to just a straight berserker set.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

but we are just speculating. My intention was that maybe anet would adress this so we dont waste time/resources now when they introduced celestial armor but we dont really know what it will become.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

i think it will be boon duration or condition duration. there is also the two other magic find sets. i think the power/precision/mf set will get switched to just a straight berserker set.

This, though Power/Precision/Vit is also a highly demanded stat combo and may be selected for the Pow/Pre/MF set.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I’d LOVE boon duration… The only character I’m ever building a celest set for (right now infact…got the charged Q’s for 5 pieces, just need 5 more) is my Monk. And I’ve found that just extending the boon duration on a few things can make all the difference between mitigating 1 attack, or mitigating 2 or 3 of them in a row. It’s surprising just how many things in this game kind of mimic the first game where most attack cycles were on 1.5 second increments instead of 1 second (like most people would expect them to be). Then there’s Boss attack with even weirder timing/patterns. Just changing the duration of your boons can change the whole fight and I’d love to get mine over 50% all the time without having to use cons or Runes for it…

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

i think the power/precision/mf set will get switched to just a straight berserker set.

If so, I hope ANet braces for the rage from those with Explorer who already have a berserker set. I hope ANet is smart enough to realize that it ought to be a combination that does not already exist.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

probably a stat that’s not in the current stat sets. like boon duration, condi duration, even movement speed

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The only way they can remove the stats without causing massive rage is to transform the gear into tokens that can be traded in to a new vendor for new gear of the player’s choice.

If they go the “replace MF% with X” route they will infuriate the 50-90% of the population that don’t want whatever stat they decide to go with.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The only way they can remove the stats without causing massive rage is to transform the gear into tokens that can be traded in to a new vendor for new gear of the player’s choice.

If they go the “replace MF% with X” route they will infuriate the 50-90% of the population that don’t want whatever stat they decide to go with.

I agree with this when it comes to gear that had a serious Time Sink attached to it… your CM dungeon gear (runes of the Noble which I got, umm.. atleast 5 or 6 of), Celestial obviously which is still in the process of being built by most b/c it takes 2 months if you have PERFECT attendance, and of course the Ascended Trinkets that cost Ectos & Laurels.

I’m not so sure about Crafted / Looted gear though. Explorer & Trav’s gear is already pretty low value when compared to Knights, PVT, and most of all: Berserkers. It’s almost as low in demand as Carrion is and the only reason that Carrion is so low demand is because Conditions don’t affect destroyable “Objects” & most World Bosses .. along with the 25-stack Cap too… (which REALLY really needs to be changed to an 8-bit averaged “Array” ie: 255 max stacks that discard individual duration to save byte space on the server for performance reasons)

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I think it will be Boon Duration as well,

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

Boon Duration +1

Its the most obvious stat that wont annoy too many people
Speed or condition duration are just not as good!

A long shot could be Magic find to Gold drop
as this will keep the “most” amount of people happy

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Most obvious is not replacing the stat at all. They haven’t said they would, just that they would compensate for the loss of the items. This could mean they throw you 10 gold, or add the MF to your account, or just hand you something else.

“In the near future, we’ll detail the system we’ll use to replace the existing magic find items. "
Personally, I’m taking this to mean that 3-stat items with MF are being removed entirely. Celestials will have the MF stat removed and be compensated, as will ascended infusions (added to account would be obvious choice here)
Only time will tell, but I’m expecting the worst case scenario.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

I think it needs to be selectable like they are going to do with the coming legendary stuff. Maybe at least selectable once and then it locks onto that stat.

The problem is, I have quite a lot of ascended gear with MF, and things like boon duration (among other options) are completely useless for the character all this stuff is soul-bound too. That means a pile of ascended items become trash and I need to start all over again regearing ascended items on that character.

I don’t mind tossing out my MF armor if it becomes useless, I have sets of regular combat armor as well, but ascended items need to be addressed properly. Either make the stat selectable, or un-soul bind the items so I can transfer them to a character that can benefit from the new stat if applicable. … or allow us to refund the MF ascended gear.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I hope it’s boon duration.
Then make another stat combination, Abyssal, which is the same but with condition duration instead boon duration.

Or they could simply not replace it, and just remove it and give a boost to the other stats instead.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Either boon duration, condition duration, or nothing at all (not likely). As to which? Flip a coin, I guess.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

but ascended items need to be addressed properly. Either make the stat selectable, or un-soul bind the items so I can transfer them to a character that can benefit from the new stat if applicable. … or allow us to refund the MF ascended gear.

Ascended items would be arguably the easiest to deal with as the common currency is set in stone. Remove the gear and refund appropriate amount of laurels/fractal relics to allow the player to choose something else.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

+2 (excluding crit hit damage) to all other stats would be my guess

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

But bottom line is I think only selectable, transfurable or refundable will work on any MF items. I have 7-80’s and 30 levels from 8-80’s. Each class also has a specific build. A blanket stat change such as to this or that will hurt a majority of players, not a select few.

edit: oh and gold find is becoming account bound as well. It’s already there, right? So gold find wouldn’t be optimal either. And really, many of us would find gold find a waste as well, at least as a replacement for something that would be more beneficial towards the combat aspect. After all, getting a few extra copper to down a mob doesn’t add up all that much compared to dropping more mobs. They could super-boost gold drop through items, but then that defeats the purpose of the new system they plan to implement.

Oh and when I say selectable, I’m speaking of grandfathering the items. So select the new stat for the item, it’s set for good (and soulbound) while further production and drop of MF items cease (regarding armor, weapons, trinkets etc). MF food buffs are probably the only thing that could remain in the system as they explained it thus far. Then there are runes and sigils, haven’t had any real thoughts about them that much. All seems like a mess really…

(edited by Daywolf.2630)