What takes so long?

What takes so long?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I’ve always been a die hard fan of this game. The guild I’m in runs strong and we always have a lot of fun. I’ve always found the game beautiful and I enjoy playing it.

With that said, I’m not sure why it’s taking so long to release content, when other MMO’s seem to spit it out like clockwork.

I get that you have your living story team and they’re releasing content on a regular basis. Which is great. I enjoyed living story and I’m not about to argue the merits of it. And that you mentioned you want to release feature packs in between seasons. But do we really have to wait another six months for another feature pack?

1. ) You have games that are setup and built doing nothing. Bar brawl in Divinity. Target shooting in Divinity. Other mini games. And for the love of all that is holy, why not utilize custom arenas so guilds can play these mini games with their guild? Just turn off progression! Do you know how much money you could make on custom arenas if this happened?

2.) Are guild missions completely forgotten? Any new ones planned? Additions to what we have? Help spread guilds out?

3.) One PvP map after 2 years? And you removed one on top of it? Really? Where are the other game modes?

4.) Edge of the Mists was neat and some of the fights there can be very entertaining. But what else is going on with WvW? I know you have separate teams for this.

5.) New dungeons? I hate to assume, but with new zones inbound, I’m guessing these would be coming at some point too.

6.) Guild halls?

I love this game and I love playing it, but you guys have got to find ways to get things out faster. It’s taking WAY too long.

What takes so long?

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

-#3 – Actually I think at least 3 of the PvP maps were added post-release. Skyhammer was one, albeit not so popular. Spiritwatch was another, and iirc Temple of the Silent Storm was one of the first ones added. Then there’s that new deathmatch arena, but we shall see how that goes…

The rest I agree with, would be nice.

And #7 – Real, actual GvG

What takes so long?

Posted by: Slowburn.5319

Slowburn.5319

Fact is content IS being released and often…

F2P, B2P content = cash shop. get them skins Yo.

What takes so long?

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

You have 6 maps for pvp.
Don’t confuse EotM with WvW.

WvW still is very active and enjoyable.
Bar brawls are active, not sure how much, but those Funny Game Mods have their own use.

There is so much to do in game, that I doubt that you need more instances and other fancy features.
Guild missions are available to Guilds which can do them. And you can get an awesome rewards for their currency. So if those aren’t popular, then it’s the fault of Guilds, not devs. Feature is there.

The only thing I agree with this topic would be need of GvG.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

What takes so long?

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

I have to agree. I love GW2 and love the 2 week release of LS, even though sometimes that’s too much, but beside LS…? In terms of new content volume and speed of delivery, I give LS A+++++, but other areas I give D.

• Skill balance update should be 4-6 week cycle to keep up changes.
  • There hasn’t been a new map for PvP for a long time now and we still don’t have other game types beside the experimental team death match. We had a big reward system change which is nice but this doesn’t exactly make PvP game play more fun.
  • There hasn’t been too much update in WvW. (Sadly as this point EotM cannot be considered as WvW) Yes we had small changes such as account bound WXP, etc but really the last major thing was culling fix.
  • Dungeons are abandoned content. It’s a great way to farm and make money, but if you are looking for fun, dungeons no longer provide that. Stacking is breaking the game and it is known for so many months, yet ANet have not fixed this issue. I don’t call stand still and spam skills as fun.
  • Big feature patch? We finally had 1 feature patch and it didn’t include everything it should have after waiting for 20 months. Let’s be honest LFG tool was released 1 year after the release of the game and LFG tool should have been there from the beginning. When it comes to adding new features, ANet is a turtle and things go way too slow.
Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

What takes so long?

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

-#3 – Actually I think at least 3 of the PvP maps were added post-release. Skyhammer was one, albeit not so popular. Spiritwatch was another, and iirc Temple of the Silent Storm was one of the first ones added. Then there’s that new deathmatch arena, but we shall see how that goes…

You can GvG – ever go into the arena in Obsidian Sanctum? Off of TC, there are always guilds scrimmaging in that arena. You can also set up a private PvP arena and GvG in that. What else do you want? What you want is the GW1 version of GvG, but I don’t think that will happen. Since all guild halls were instanced on the same piece of map and that part of the map is taken over by Orr, not sure where the GvG would be held.

What takes so long?

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Fact is content IS being released and often…

F2P, B2P content = cash shop. get them skins Yo.

15 agreeing charr

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

What takes so long?

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

You have 6 maps for pvp.

Bar brawls are active, not sure how much, but those Funny Game Mods have their own use.

There is so much to do in game, that I doubt that you need more instances and other fancy features.
Guild missions are available to Guilds which can do them. And you can get an awesome rewards for their currency. So if those aren’t popular, then it’s the fault of Guilds, not devs. Feature is there.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about here. 6 maps of the same game mode. Gets tiring after a while.

We do guild missions. Once a week. But after you’ve done them for over a year, we can do all of them in our sleep.

I’m really confused by the rest of your message.

What takes so long?

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

You can GvG – ever go into the arena in Obsidian Sanctum? Off of TC, there are always guilds scrimmaging in that arena. You can also set up a private PvP arena and GvG in that. What else do you want? What you want is the GW1 version of GvG, but I don’t think that will happen. Since all guild halls were instanced on the same piece of map and that part of the map is taken over by Orr, not sure where the GvG would be held.

That ad-hoc crap they do in OS is not real GvG. Real GvG would be set up like sPvP with matchmaking and specially tailored maps with specific mechanics.

And really? You think they couldn’t come up with a place to put GvG maps in their own game? What law of computer programming says they have to put a multiplayer instance in a physical location that exists on a photoshop painting of a map? Nevermind the fact that there’s tons of free space on those paintings, and the possibility of painting new paintings.

The only thing stopping Anet from doing it is apathy.

Edit: Well, apathy and funding.

(edited by Xenon.4537)

What takes so long?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

300 people and we’re waiting this long for temporary content that’s gone within a 1-3 month period with almost 0 Casual elements even though people on the forums are still using that word to describe the game.

Attachments:

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

What takes so long?

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

You have 6 maps for pvp.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about here. 6 maps of the same game mode. Gets tiring after a while.

We do guild missions. Once a week. But after you’ve done them for over a year, we can do all of them in our sleep.

I’m really confused by the rest of your message.

Yup only one game mode has really been detrimental to pvp. Sure having one game mode is fine at launch. However it’s been almost two years later, and we still only have one. You have six maps with some slightly different mechanics, however at the end of the day it’s still conquest. It gets boring, and it also fosters in a certain type of game play.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

What takes so long?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

300 people and we’re waiting this long for temporary content that’s gone within a 1-3 month period with almost 0 Casual elements even though people on the forums are still using that word to describe the game.

Last I heard it was 350.