What the EFF is this?

What the EFF is this?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

They hike up original prices of keys so sale prices 26% off are higher? See pic.

Attachments:

What the EFF is this?

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Looks more like a bug or whatever else, though I never bothered with buying keys.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

What the EFF is this?

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

It’s actually not hiked up, it’s just a really strange way of marking the price.
The bundles show the base price without the basic rebate from buying several at once. So it just show the 5x and 25x base price of a key.

The actual sale price however is correctly calculated from the normal discount. The difference between stated base price and sale price is 46% for the 5-bundle and 50% for the 25-bundle.

(edited by Tanner Blackfeather.6509)

What the EFF is this?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What is the normal price for a bundle of 25? The wiki seems to be pulling from the game itself as it currently has the sale prices up. I -think- it’s more than the 1575 we’re seeing but I seriously don’t recall the amount since numbers seldom stick in my head for long.

What the EFF is this?

Posted by: Ambika.6257

Ambika.6257

I believe the normal price is 2125 for the 25 bundle. If you bought them individually it would add up to the price shown for 25 not discounted, which is silly since it’s considered a discounted bundle.

What the EFF is this?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Normal prices:

• Single Key: 125 gems
  • 5 Keys: 450 gems
  • 25 keys: 2100 gems

Today:

• Single: 93 (74.4% of normal)
  • 5 keys: 337 (74.8% of normal))
  • 25 keys: 1575 (73.25% of normal)

So the actual prices are all ~25% off or better.

tl;dr it’s a display error (and a seemingly easy-to-prevent one at that)

edit: Ambika might be correct about 2125; I was going off a reddit post comparing chest content value to key costs; I didn’t actually have a screenshot.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

What the EFF is this?

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

The same thing happened with the shared inventory slots. The discounted price was correct in that instance too.

What the EFF is this?

Donari.5237

Thanks. I used up my remaining gems on it — nothing spectacular, as expected. My one and only 4th slot item from the batch was a communal bonfire, which will be nice for 60 minutes one time … no glider. At least I previously got the pretty white bird.

One day I’ll get a permanent hair stylist. Or invisible shoes to sell to fund a hair stylist. /dreams

What the EFF is this?

Posted by: Altosk.8492

Altosk.8492

It’s a way for anet to deceptively inflate the consumers savings"bug".

WTB Color Blind Mode 100g+50e

What the EFF is this?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The only reason I like using BL keys is that moment of anticipation right before I see the contents. That’s the fun part of gambling, so if you’re missing out on that… never buy (or farm) keys.

For the tradeable stuff, I figure out how much I’m willing to spend to unlock whatever. At 110 gold for 400 gems (typical rate most of 2017), you can get 25 keys for 550-600 gold. Today, with an exchange rate of 126:400, it’s about 500 gold for 25 keys.

The Permanent Hair Stylist is 3800g (insta buy on the TP), so I ask myself: do I think I’d get one to drop if I opened 175 BL chests? Answer: nope, not with my luck, so I get more fun out of saving up to buy it on the TP.

(Sneaky way to save up the gold: put in a buy offer for that very thing for the first 100g you can spare. When you have another 100, cancel the order and make a new one for 200g. Eventually, you’ll have a buy offer high enough that it might succeed via someone instantly selling… or you’ll have enough to buy outright.)

Obviously, everyone’s idea of fun varies so some might prefer hoping-against-hope while others like saving up. (And to be fair, more than a few of us prefer to just complain about how if we didn’t have bad luck, we wouldn’t have no luck at all.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

What the EFF is this?

Donari.5237

That’s very clever. I might start that incremental buy order thing. Because the time I tried to just save up, I made it over 700 gold and caved.

Also yes, I do love that “what did I get” moment. I just try to only buy keys when they are on sale and/or they have gotten new shinies in them. Now and then I find the time for a key run, too.