What the Named armors should have been

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Meili Ying.3820

Meili Ying.3820

Search function is not working

So after looting Devona’s Leggings, it got me to thinking…

All the armor pieces that are named after GW1 heroes should resemble the armor that these heroes wore (except for maybe Brutus, Yakkington, Zhed, etc). Being a generic skin doesn’t really add to the heroism factor much. Sure, it may be difficult to design them for all races, but we have Heritage armor, so its clear that bringing back some old GW1 skins/art concepts is a possibility.

Fix the Search Function

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

You don’t get money for attention to detail soooo…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You don’t get money for attention to detail soooo…

I think there’s probably more attention to detail in this game than any other MMO I’ve ever played. Worst comment ever. Yes, some skins have been recycled. Because companies run out of time to produce everything new. But the amount of attention to detail in this game (down to the charr sleeping under the bridge in LA who changes every couple of days), is pretty epic.

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

I think you aim too high. The variety of gear is rather abysmal to begin with.

I think there’s probably more attention to detail in this game than any other MMO I’ve ever played.

You should really try World of Warcraft. The Options menu alone would be a small booklet if printed out.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think you aim too high. The variety of gear is rather abysmal to begin with.

I think there’s probably more attention to detail in this game than any other MMO I’ve ever played.

You should really try World of Warcraft. The Options menu alone would be a small booklet if printed out.

World of Warcraft had 8 years to fill in details. There’s more in the game now than there was when we started. But when I say attention to detail, there are so many little details this game has. The ambient dialogue, that gets louder as you approach the people talking. The little side areas that seem to have nothing unless you know where to look. The flute music by Gwen’s grave.

Do you remember when WoW was one year old…there were many of today’s details missing. Filling that stuff in takes tons of time.

But the kinds of details you’re talking about are quite likely different than the details I’m talking about.

Posted by: havellian.4073

havellian.4073

I actually think this is a good idea OP. It would provide some respite for the continuity with GW1 lore… much of which has already been squandered in favor of “ZOMG DRAGONS ARE COOL”

@justdeifyme I agree, MMO’s make money by keeping the community chasing shinies. Come to think of it, I think the Skritt were modeled after we the player base Hah

(edited by havellian.4073)

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

World of Warcraft had 8 years to fill in details.

ArenaNet had 9.

But, sure, there are lots of nice tidbits here and there. Small bits of dialogue, sometimes interesting events, easter eggs… It adds to the game and it’s appreciated, and it’s something that most other MMOs don’t have.

But the core experience lacks a pretty good deal of polish and depth you’d expect even from a Single-Player RPG. Hell, jumping animation and physical control isn’t done properly.

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Search function is not working

So after looting Devona’s Leggings, it got me to thinking…

All the armor pieces that are named after GW1 heroes should resemble the armor that these heroes wore (except for maybe Brutus, Yakkington, Zhed, etc). Being a generic skin doesn’t really add to the heroism factor much. Sure, it may be difficult to design them for all races, but we have Heritage armor, so its clear that bringing back some old GW1 skins/art concepts is a possibility.

I think this can be placed in the same category as “Better charr armour”. Not enough attention is being put on it from the dev side because the assumption is that not enough (statistical) attention has been coming from the player’s side.