What the heck is even going on now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Wait, you’re getting literally free gold for having achievement points and you’re complaining about it?

Every loading screen with its original art makes wanna cry when I think about all the glowing and ridiculous wings on players now.

Sorry they’re not to your taste but I really like them…

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Well this got Derailed in record time…

No wait, that would imply that it actually had a Coherent starting point.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Wait, you’re getting literally free gold for having achievement points and you’re complaining about it?

Every loading screen with its original art makes wanna cry when I think about all the glowing and ridiculous wings on players now.

That’s fine. I just wish I have a checkbox to turn glowings off. It was one of the things that I loved from this game (and hated from cheap art games like most asians MMO or Wow later expansions, the original first edition was cool).

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I was thinking that Lion’s Arch used to look less like a major MMO hub and more like what a fantasy city, busy but not over-populated.

Now you can see all the players sitting (or dancing) on top of statues and taking up every space foot of space around the bank and acting like, well MMO players. Who would have thought culling had benefits lol

But for all the crowding in LA, it’s still something to see a wave of players rolling over a hill as your small group is struggling with a Clockwork boss. The game is far more impressing with culling off and I’m glad to see it gone.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

But for all the crowding in LA, it’s still something to see a wave of players rolling over a hill as your small group is struggling with a Clockwork boss. The game is far more impressing with culling off and I’m glad to see it gone.

It’s just as impressive (and gut-sinking) to hold Stonemist and see a similar wave coming your way at a wall you’d just been repairing. Knowing the bulk of people were out responding to hits on supply camps or to grab more for repairs or defensive siege, and there is no way the 20 people inside can hold out right now.

To OP:

Not quite sure what to tell you. I’d say you missed a heck of a party while you were away but I missed most of “Secret of Southsun”/“Last Stand at Southsun” myself and anything after that (until recently) was mostly feeling like a alternately-tuned Halloween or Wintersday . . . intended, from some of the dev comments, that they wanted some festivals to fall back on.

I’m not sure about the new Achievements menu either, but I do like the ability to set specific ones to “watch”. Also, the Zenith skin system is neat. Can we please get it expanded upon to store other skins? Pretty please?

The lack of culling hurts my performance (low end on the SysReq) but it does make me feel better. Already planning on going for a stronger computer for Black Friday, mostly because I also have about nine games I want to play but can’t due to system requirements.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Nikkala.5842

Nikkala.5842

To OP: I hear you and understand what you are saying. Through each of these “mini-content” expansions, the world has changed its look and feel. In one of them, everyone was in Southsun with +200 MF, in another they were all in the Crown Pavilion, and now the Crown Pavilion is so empty I do not know if I will be able to complete the related achievements, as everyone is in the “location of the hour.”

The achievement tab is not as bad as it seems and you will get used to it and (hopefully) love it in time.

What I wanted to emphasize, though, is that the game you loved is still there. There are still people out there exploring, doing WvW and PvP and Fractals…and we have new Fractals to look forward to. And SAB is coming back soon! I still spend a lot of my time exploring, which is my favorite thing to do. And leveling alts. The game is there and I hope you can get back into the “swing of things” and love it again.

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Anyone who buys an MMO and doesn’t expect it to change, probably shouldn’t be playing MMOs.

You are absolutely right about that, Vayne. That is the nature of MMOs. My issue here was that when they did change, and I gave feedback about it here, I was told that I was a complainer and knew what I was getting into from the start, which is not true.

There is a tendency in these discussions for certain people (not you, obviously) to be incredibly dismissive of other people’s feedback, and it is both rude and unnecessary.

To the matter at hand, although I do expect change, this change is a pretty big one that — for me — greatly alters the tone of the game and, by extension, my feelings about the game. So I (and many others) give feedback, and the developers will either change their course or keep forging ahead, whichever they think is best for the longevity of the game. This is also the nature of MMOs.

I do want to single you out, however, as an example of someone on these forums who knows how to disagree with someone respectfully. I’ve seen a lot of your posts, and though I don’t always agree with your point of view, I always greatly appreciate the way you express it. :-)

(edited by minbariguy.7504)

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

This goes to show that more is most certainly not always better, and if care isn’t taken to handle returning players it can be a catalyst to quitting.

I’d rather have many fewer but much more substantial actual content updates.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

This goes to show that more is most certainly not always better, and if care isn’t taken to handle returning players it can be a catalyst to quitting.

I’d rather have many fewer but much more substantial actual content updates.

I’d rather have Twilight Sparkle or Rainbow Dash as a mount so I could convince about two thirds of my friends to join and play along. That’s not happening.

But seriously? I seem to recall there was a clamor for more stuff to do in the game, and that Frost and Flame moved too slowly and needed to move faster. Now it’s a problem that it’s going too fast.

I’d totally support no more updates ever at this point and go back to just balance patching.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Essentially players telling you to get used to it in a less harsh tone?

Dude, sometimes its not about what you say but how you say it =)

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

That’s fine. I just wish I have a checkbox to turn glowings off. It was one of the things that I loved from this game (and hated from cheap art games like most asians MMO or Wow later expansions, the original first edition was cool).

Ok that I get but still, you’re angry that you got free gold for points that were totally useless prior?

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Whether you like it or not. (I don’t)

So if a theater was offering free concerts daily instead of being happy you would mope about the ones that you had to miss? What a weird approach to not like free stuff because it comes and goes instead of staying there permanently.

This.

I have taken many breaks from this game. Left after Nov patch for 3 months. Came back when I heard about their Living Story focus – more concentration on core game and adding open world content.

LS has been hit or miss but so far am enjoying it including gameplay changes. However, I still take breaks for days to weeks at a time. If I miss a LS, I miss it.

As long as I am not being hit with power creep like in other games, so what. I am ok with missing out on minipets, achievement points, tonics etc just because I did not play for a while.

I am not okay with falling way behind and therefore, unable to do content because I do not have the latest gear tier. So far GW2 really does not have that but when it does (looking at you – the rest of Ascended armor and weapons coming soon) I may bail again.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT