What to do at 80?

What to do at 80?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Klutz.8609

Klutz.8609

Hey all, new level 80 here!

Just wondering what are the paths to take from level 80 onwards, anyone has any suggestions or guide thread to share?

Thanks in advance!

What to do at 80?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

do fractals……………………….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

What to do at 80?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Peruse the Achievements (found in the Hero Panel), and choose something, anything, that tickles your fancy. (They cover just about all content in the game.)

Good luck.

What to do at 80?

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

“perfect” your armor and find the “perfect” weapon(-skin/stats) of your choice, do achievements and jumping puzzles, guild missions, have fun with your friends and guildies, help others leveling, WvW stuff, and of course world exploration as a Quaggan.

What to do at 80?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

What ever you like thats the beauty of this system.

What to do at 80?

Klutz.8609

Thanks for the answers thus far.

What I’m more curious about is the gear progression of the game, like where’s a good starting point and what’s the BiS pieces… stuff like that.

And what are fractals?

What to do at 80?

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Fractals are “end game content” where you complete 4 dungeons in one run one after another, and you get hoards of rings or nothing (and one gold), then you sit in front of the screen wondering what are you doing with your life.

What to do at 80?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Fractals of the Mists are a set of dungeons that you can access through a portal in Fort Mariner in Lion’s Arch (just north of the WvW portals). It’s a collection of 15 different dungeons that you can run at adjustable difficulties. Each run through a difficulty at or above your (fractal) level will increase your fractal level and allow you to open fractals at a higher difficulty, with difficulties above 30 adding so-called instabilities that may (or may not) change the way you’ll play the fractals.

Currently you’ll get 4 fractals randomly selected (with a pre-set list of fractals available for each of the four spots). Instabilities are specific to each level, and the max fractal level is 50. Once the expansion hits in about three weeks, this will change to one fractal instead of 4, and each fractal level will be associated with one specific fractal instead of the random selection. They will also increase the max fractal level from 50 to 100.

Check out the wiki as well as the blog on upcoming fractal changes for more information.

Gear progression is not really a thing in this game. BiS gear at level 80 is anything of ascended (pink) quality, but the stat difference is only about 5% compared to exotic (orange) quality. You can play pretty much all of the core content well in exotic equipment. The one exception is higher level fractals which need a special kind of resistance (agony resistance) that you can only slot into special slots found on ascended equipment.

You can either craft your own ascended equipment if you’ve got the matching crafting discipline at level 500, win weapon or armor boxes as drops (pretty rare), or trade in jewellery from different sources. Rings are cheapest in fractals, amulets from laurels (and even cheaper if you have wvw tokens to spare), and acessories through guild commendations, but there’s always other (more expensive) ways to get them, too.

Starting points to get your equipment are as variable as the kind of content you can play at 80. If you want to craft your own ascended equipment, you’ll find yourself going all over the world, picking up crafting materials from all tiers since you need pretty much everything. Other than that, it really depends on what you enjoy … like others suggested above, try everything and see what you like.

What to do at 80?

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Start playing ….

So far was only the tutorial

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

What to do at 80?

Klutz.8609

Wow thanks a ton Rasimir, that’s the information I’m looking for.

What to do at 80?

Posted by: Aviate.1376

Aviate.1376

Make all chars 80 and get 80 tomes of knowledge for revenant then you will never be kicked from pt.

What to do at 80?

Posted by: ThePlague.5426

ThePlague.5426

You should check out the Silverwastes (most people just refer to it as ‘SW’). Me and my sister recently leveled our first character to 80 too. It’s taken a lifetime but without the help of other community members we would be still staring at the screen scratching our heads.

The Silverwastes is a good place for plenty of loot and you can make an ok amount of gold from selling it. This, if you decide to do it this way, could then be used to buy the mats so you can lvl crafting skills quicker. Yes it’s an expensive way of doing it but if you want Exotic gear asap then it’s a good way to go. Check out www.gw2crafts.net for craft leveling guides that will get you there fast and save you money. Alternatively the more fun way of getting your crafting up and exotic gear is to farm the hell out of it but this is of course all down to personal preference.

If you want to do dungeons, you don’t have anyone to do them with and / or keeping getting kicked from groups because of your current gear then you’re welcome to join me and my sister as we still don’t have the whole map unlocked and have tonnes of stuff still to learn.

There’s a few different community members that we’ve met in-game who are NOT the “Join my guild and I’ll help you” type that have taught us most of what we know so we’re usually with them pestering them with questions.

Oh and congratulations on reaching lvl 80!