What to do at endgame.... cause I cant find anything!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zeph.5740

Zeph.5740

I haven’t played in weeks now…. and its a shame cause I really like this game. Leveling up was a blast and I had hoped that once I got to max level, another chapter of the game would begin…..but its not there.

*I have exotic gear already so no need to farm karma or gold…
*I have map completion nearly at 100% aside from a few points that are still bugged last time I checked
*Battleground type pvp is ok but there really isn’t much reward in doing it since everyone gets the same gear at the start for free.
*World vs World seems to depend on how many players are on a particular world, its too much running just to find action, and you cant really do anything by yourself. You have to run with a herd to do anything.
*Dungeons are messy. Who cares about what the bosses do? The goal is always the same, if you die, run back quickly before everyone else does and the boss resets.

Im not a WoW fanboy, but I did expect to find more at late game considering the great time I had getting to this point. Is anything planned for the future?

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

/facepalm

No words.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: sainguine.2870

sainguine.2870

Insightful. And welcome to a PvP based game : )

Posted by: Evil.9061

Evil.9061

Zeph, I tried to make farming an actual endgame however through the implementation of DR on virtually everything in this game (WvW, DEs, Leveling Exp, Farming, Dungeons) I am, and have been, in the same boat for weeks.

My new endgame is to try to find a game that lasts longer than 45 days. Though the MMO market hasn’t exactly been spitting out winners. Rift, Swtor, Tera The Secret World..all i,ve played in the last year and will now have to add this game to that list.

sainguine.2870

Go PvP as an endgame-that has been the premise for this game all along if you didnt know….

Evil.9061

Totally. lvl to 80, grind dungeons max professions..all to pvp. Gotcha.

Posted by: Menelik.8634

Menelik.8634

If you like grinding you could go for titles.

sainguine.2870

yes actually-it is a pvp game.did you know about the game before it launched-or guild wars 1? And you act as if the "grinding "was even a bit hard.DAoC,when it launched,took about 12 hours a day farming the same group of mobs over and over for a month to go from 49-50.maybe longer when you would lose xp

(edited by sainguine.2870)

Posted by: datus.4187

datus.4187

Go back and explore the maps, not pokemon them, but actually explore them. Meet new people, make friends, help newcomers. I’d say learn to roleplay but Anet hasn’t added any roleplay mechanics yet. This game is young, give it time.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well the end game in GW is no different then the end game in most other MMOs, but instead of grinding raids (because GWs doesn’t have ones) you can grind dungeons, grind world events or grind PvP.

Evil.9061

yes actually-it is a pvp game.did you know about the game before it launched-or guild wars 1? And you act as if the "grinding "was even a bit hard.DAoC,when it launched,took about 12 hours a day farming the same group of mobs over and over for a month to go from 49-50.maybe longer when you would lose xp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifesto

If it were to be Pvp focused, someone defiantly didn’t tell these people before they shot this. There isn’t one mention of Pvp nor a frame of footage to support it.

I’m not saying that I didn’t know they were working hard on their pvp, i just didn’t think they would even bother creating such a wonderful 1-80 experience on to have it end a few days after.

sainguine.2870

its guild wars-duh.of course they are going to tack on "pve"to attract some cash.welcome to marketing.at least the kids will be gone soon and we can pvp in relative peace.there is no room for crying in war

Evil.9061

Oh so the part where I invalidated your two posts is just kinda… Its actually funny, I don’t know you’re if you’re trolling or just…well, not thoughtful.

Zeph.5740

I know its a PVP game. I dont have a problem with that at all. I really dont.

PVP in this game is boring….do you not think so? Like I said, WvW is something I had high hopes for but really its nothing more than multiple packs of zergs running from point to point. You cant do anything on your own which makes it feel like you dont have a choice.

Its not a matter of PVE vs PVP because I have played League of Legends for years, so I do enjoy PVP. Its just that something is missing in GW2 and I cant quite put my finger on what it is.

Are you seriously telling me that you enjoy endgame in GW2 to the point where you log in and still play it for hours?

sainguine.2870

I loved zerging since DAoC so…its kind of what pvp is.i think you children arent used to real pvp.maybe try something else?its like if if im eating cereal and i dont like it because its getting boring i buy a new brand,maybe move along?bye now

Posted by: muthax.4720

muthax.4720

“My new endgame is to try to find a game that lasts longer than 45 days. Though the MMO market hasn’t exactly been spitting out winners. Rift, Swtor, Tera The Secret World..all i,ve played in the last year and will now have to add this game to that list.”

You ever thought that maybe it’s not them, it’s you?
Just thought

sainguine.2870

exactly muthax-maybe they need to text each otehr about it 400 times and listen to some mainstream pop

muthax.4720

exactly muthax-maybe they need to text each otehr about it 400 times and listen to some mainstream pop

Between wowkiddies and the ADD generation, MMOs have no future….

Thanks warcraft, thanks indeed

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

Insightful. And welcome to a PvP based game : )

This is NOT a pvp based game. Was never marketed that way or even said. This is a player urban legend. Stop spreading lies.

sainguine.2870

Death Aggro is in denial

Posted by: Soulwatcher.2604

Soulwatcher.2604

Make gold! OH WAIT NEVER MIND! You cant do that anymore!

sainguine.2870

I came up from UO and DAoC mainly-these whiners dont even have a clue what a hard time is heh

Evil.9061

@Muthax. Where are those games now?

Rift floating around a 200k sub base

Swtor- F2P Considered a failure, Founders of Bioware resign more than 75% of staff cut. Server Merged then Merged again.

Tera 50% of staff cut, going F2P servers went from 35 to 3.

The Secret World Lead 2/3 co-creators gone. staff cut 50% going F2P

Rift is hanging in there barely the other 3 have failed in and or around 6 months.

Yup its defiantly me.

Sin.8174

Swtor- F2P Considered a failure, Founders of Bioware resign more than 75% of staff cut. Server Merged then Merged again.

Rift is hanging in there barely the other 3 have failed in and or around 6 months.

Yup its defiantly me.

So do us a favor and jump ship. This way we don’t have to listen to incessant whining on a day to day basis. I honestly think people have issues if they can’t simply move on.

sainguine.2870

Yup its defiantly me.

i think that you think “defiantly” means something else entirely heh

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Reading these comments make me cry.

‘Go explore, make new friends, help newcomers’ ……………I have no words………………

OP is right, the game’s dead, I got everything I want. WvW is not rewarding, killing invaders/taking keeps etc does not give me anything. Atm WvW is just for the sake of zerging and ‘fun’…

sPvP is as it is, but I’m not interested in it, because it’s completely separated from the rest of the game.

Dungeons are useless.

The trailers, interviews and articles before launch all said there’s gonna be a bit of everything: PvE, large scale and small scale PvP, smth for the ‘grinders’ etc.
Yet it was all a big pile of kitten. Not arguable just a fact. PvE and WvW endgames are all down to ‘fun’, they offer no further progress and no rewards. The game’s absolutely useless after a few weeks. All that is left is reroll or go sPvP.

‘’Well the end game in GW is no different then the end game in most other MMOs, but instead of grinding raids (because GWs doesn’t have ones) you can grind dungeons, grind world events or grind PvP.’’

Have you even played this game ?? You can grind all of that but for what purpose ?
People don’t understand the fact that they give NOTHING. Karma, badges, tokens are all worthless. Karma only used for legendary weapon basically, badges same, unless people actually go for the armor/weps (lol), dungeon tokens are for skins, and I got 2 sets, im done.

The endgame is very different from other MMO’s as there is no endgame besides sPvP, and that’s not really endgame either, sPvP is like a seperate game and you can do it since level 2.

Rest of the MMO’s offer people advancement in PvE/PvP for years for casual gamers.
Better stats gear (dont really need it in gw2 but just an example), swtor affored attunements or smth ? You got bonus stats/skills after lvl 50 etc. Usually dungeon bosses reward rare hard to get items. In GW2 bosses give you 3 blues and send you walking. IF you finish a path you get a few tokens and buy whatever you want…
Not 1 game before GW2 that I’ve played I felt like this. Even GW1 kept me busy for like 7 months rofl and I still had so much to do, didn’t even get some of the expansions.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

sainguine.2870

OP is right, the game’s dead, I got everything I want. WvW is not rewarding, killing invaders/taking keeps etc does not give me anything. Atm WvW is just for the sake of zerging and ‘fun’…

sPvP is as it is, but I’m not interested in it, because it’s completely separated from the rest of the game.

Dungeons are useless.

The trailers, interviews and articles before launch all said there’s gonna be a bit of everything: PvE, large scale and small scale PvP, smth for the ‘grinders’ etc.
Yet it was all a big pile of kitten. Not arguable just a fact. PvE and WvW endgames are all down to ‘fun’, they offer no further progress and no rewards. The game’s absolutely useless after a few weeks. All that is left or reroll or go sPvP.

‘’Well the end game in GW is no different then the end game in most other MMOs, but instead of grinding raids (because GWs doesn’t have ones) you can grind dungeons, grind world events or grind PvP.’’

Have you even played this game ?? You can grind all of that but for what purpose ?
People don’t understand the fact that they give NOTHING. Karma, badges, tokens are all worthless. Karma only used for legendary weapon basically, badges same, unless people actually go for the armor/weps (lol), dungeon tokens are for skins, and I got 2 sets, im done.

The endgame is very different from other MMO’s as there is no endgame besides sPvP, and that’s not really endgame either, sPvP is like a seperate game and you can do it since level 2.

so dont play? noone is forcing you to.see ya

Evil.9061

Sin, with my 60 bucks came access to the forum…evidently someone has forced you to read what I’ve written and for that I apologize. That is unfair that you had no choice in the matter.

Sin.8174

Yeah yeah, the ’I paid money to whine like a child’ argument. Awesome.

Zeph.5740

Funny how the supporters are spending more time here defending the game, compared to actually playing and enjoying it….. I rest my case.

sainguine.2870

they must be bored with their pandas already sin

Evil.9061

The calling others who don’t agree with me children, also awesome. Simple solution for you, if you see a post and see my name within it, just skip over it. Avert your eyes. Presto, no need for name calling.

sainguine.2870

evil-please stop crying.i can point you to the Dr.Phil forum if you need help coping

muthax.4720

Yup its defiantly me.

I meant, maybe if you played all those games in what? 8 months? Maybe you are a bit burnt out? Change of genre?

Posted by: nachdenki.2637

nachdenki.2637

Dungeons are useless.

Yet it was all a big pile of kitten. Not arguable just a fact. PvE and WvW endgames are all down to ‘fun’, they offer no further progress and no rewards. The game’s absolutely useless after a few weeks. All that is left is reroll or go sPvP.

Rest of the MMO’s offer people advancement in PvE/PvP for years for casual gamers.
Better stats gear (dont really need it in gw2 but just an example), swtor affored attunements or smth ? You got bonus stats/skills after lvl 50 etc. Usually dungeon bosses reward rare hard to get items. In GW2 bosses give you 3 blues and send you walking. IF you finish a path you get a few tokens and buy whatever you want…
Not 1 game before GW2 that I’ve played I felt like this. Even GW1 kept me busy for like 7 months rofl and I still had so much to do, didn’t even get some of the expansions.

It all depends on what you expect, because I would see that totally different – so you saying that things are a “fact” seems not right to me, because this is very subjective.
First of all, if there really was no endgame, then why not start a new character? The professions are very varied and the story can be played through a couple of times without repeating too much content.

As for endgame … there are multiple nice skins in the game, even if you have two sets, get another one for another character or for your own. This is what makes dungeons useful.
Did you get all your crafting disciplines to 400 yet? Do you have all the achievments in the game? Do you have a legendary? Did you do all the jumping puzzle and explore all the little nice secrets of the world? If not, then I would say you still got stuff to do.

If all that is not for you and all the pvp stuff isn’t either and you find all that boring, than I would simply say your opinion(!) of what an endgame should be is not the same as the devs opinions. That is absolutely fine, but not GW2s fault.
I may be a fanboy, and I won’t argue about that the endgame here is very “special”, as there is really no additional content to go through except the dungeons – I agree with you on that. I wouldn’t say there is nothing to do with lvl 80 though. And even if there isn’t – get a new profession, get a new race and have fun again.

(edited by nachdenki.2637)

Aphix.9846

I don’t play…Thought it was pretty clear.
In this current state my character is finished for me. Not any other game has failed endgame like this. I’ve always been unhappy in other games with my character, meaning I always wanted more and advance further etc. Made me play the games for ages.

Just annoyed at the kids who post here about grinding and endgame when they’re most probably level 12 and obviously don’t have a clue.

Evil.9061

lol, crying? seriously? Are you completely daft or is it in your personal attacks you’re trying to get the thread closed?

“Go PvP as an endgame-that has been the premise for this game all along if you didnt know….”

I probably would want this thread closed as well had i made that statement and then having the Video Manifesto posted underneath offering zero support to your claim.

muthax.4720

I don’t play…Thought it was pretty clear.
In this current state my character is finished for me. Not any other game has failed endgame like this. I’ve always been unhappy in other games with my character, meaning I always wanted more and advance further etc. Made me play the games for ages.

Just annoyed at the kids who post here about grinding and endgame when they’re most probably level 12 and obviously don’t have a clue.

ANd if you don’t play anymore, why are you posting this? Because it doesn’t have any constructive value anyways

Sin.8174

Simply calling it as I how I see it.

What adult in their right mind spends all day complaining about the same thing over and over again? Common sense would tell you that ‘Hey, I don’t like the game/company/product etc, or how it’s set up/rundone etc, why bother sticking around’?

However, it seems people can not do anything other than bring up the exact same topics, the exact same comments, worded differently. We get it, you’re unhappy. You’re bored. You’re tired of certain aspects.

Going on about ‘dying’ games, doesn’t help anything. The game’s been out a month, and people expect it to be some full fleshed out game like those that have been running for years…

Perhaps it’s time to get a different perspective.

sainguine.2870

i know really-the guy claims he doesnt play anymore but yet he lurks on the forum-loser sign #1,also he got duped into shelling out his cash believing it was a pve game lol-we have a winner,or shall i say whiner?

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

@OP ~ I’d suggest just walking away like most people already have.
NO, that’s not me insulting GW2 ~ it’s just common sense.

IE: View the B2P GW2 as nothing more than a console game purchase.

In a few weeks/months, there maybe more “fun” content to come back to? well, that or maybe they’ll fix combat and DE’s to be more than simple spam fests?

Regardless… ignore the whiteknights “hate” and childish comments.

Point of Fact, yes… ANet advertised GW2 as a “living world” via PvE ~ nothing the Whiteknights can say will change that.

So just move on and keep an eye out on GW2’s future developments.

If it’s worth coming back too.. awesome! ~ If not, then just like skyrim.. hopefully ya got your monies worth from the box price.

Evil.9061

lol I guess you guys are going to high five and take a shower now after that zinger. Nice one. You know…with the word play..really clever..winner into whiner…still chuckling. Good stuff.

sainguine.2870

i love at least that all the people believing it was a pve game bought the game.easy cannon fodder for us to repeatedly abuse.they have your cash,now move along ,i had fun jumping on your corpses head in wvwvw.and sure it has pve but its not the main dish lol,its for inbetween the real meat and potatoes.good day sir

sainguine.2870

lol I guess you guys are going to high five and take a shower now after that zinger. Nice one. You know…with the word play..really clever..winner into whiner…still chuckling. Good stuff.

liked that one eh-it will be ringing in your ears for days as you evaluate and re-evaluate your mental dependence on a game

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

If you really have to ask, you should move on and play something ells, until a Guild Wars 2 expansion comes out. Then play that expansion until you get to the new max level, at which point you will surely have gained all the new rewards, and you’ll have nothing to play for once again. Then quit the game until the second expansion comes out.

Or you could do what a lot of others in this thread does; hang around the forums and complain about a game, that you obviously have no interest in playing anymore.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

sainguine.2870

i am so tired of Arby’s,i think i am going to go to Arby’s,sit in a booth and complain to random people enjoying their meal about how much the roast beef and cheddar is to small and the reuben isnt a “real reuben”.then i will complain the shake doesnt have the same flavor i am accustomed to and the booths are to oddly colored.sounds silly right-i could always go to Wendy’s,or i could stay in arby’s being an annoyance.maybe you ate to many curly fries to fast ,maybe eat them less often and they wont lose their flavor

Aphix.9846

It all depends on what you expect, because I would see that totally different – so you saying that things are a “fact” seems not right to me, because this is very subjective.
First of all, if there really was no endgame, then why not start a new character? The professions are very varied and the story can be played through a couple of times without repeating too much content.

As for endgame … there are multiple nice skins in the game, even if you have two sets, get another one for another character or for your own. This makes dungeons useful and everything.
Did you get all your crafting disciplines to 400 yet? Do you have all the achievments in the game? Do you have a legendary? If not, then I would say you still got stuff to do.

If all that is not for you and all the pvp stuff isn’t either and you find all that boring, than I would simply say your opinion(!) of what an endgame should be is not the same as the devs opinions. That is absolutely fine, but not GW2s fault.
I may be a fanboy, and I won’t argue about that the endgame here is very “special”, as there is really no additional content to go through except the dungeons – I agree with you on that. I wouldn’t say there is nothing to do with lvl 80 though. And even if there isn’t – get a new profession, get a new race and have fun again.

I did like everything about the game from level 1-80. Exploration system (brilliant), dynamic events and heart quests, the world itself. Even after level 80 for a week when everything was still exciting and new. Shortly after that I got everything exotic and all the skins I wanted. That’s when I went for WvW, farming events and killing dragons etc. Became boring very quickly especially for no reward at all.
I will not start a new character as I know what I’m working towards – level 80 meaning massive dissapointment again – nothing to do. And when I make new characters I miss being level 80 with full gear, lol, if you get me. Also I guess 1 of the reason is because all classes can do anything basically, just in a different way. No holy trinity makes it harder for me to reroll. Better for making groups, pvp and dungeons tho. Other games I reroll because I want to play a 100% healer, tank, dps or support etc.

There are skins, but I got the combination of armor skins/dyes that I love also a rare skin staff which looks amazing.
Legendary staff looks really really bad. It takes ages to get while doing so much boring stuff – farming 1.5ish mil karma – dungeon tokens (500 arah tokens for staff, been trying for a week to finish 1 path and I cant, if I do finikitten I get like 15 tokens) and RNG (precurser and clovers). Just too much for a stupid looking staff.

I do not craft on any game. Ever. It’s the most pointless and boring activity I can imagine. Sitting there clicking on cheese and chocolate or smacking an anvil for 3 hours straight.

sPvP is not for me, I prefer large scale battles. WvW is good in general, but it offers me nothing – no WvW ranks, no good loot, no reward basically. Just all a bunch of nonames in a zerg atm.

Most of this is all down to me, but Anet fails to deliver further advancement. The only end-game is Legendary weapon which I choose not to get. Dungeons when fixed reward 60 tokens per path and it will take a few weeks max to get everything you want from 1 dungeon. After that the dungeon is useless for you.

Need different rewards for dungeons – Random exotic items dropping, rare dyes, minipets, epic looking skins whatever.
World bosses – meaning champions which take 15 minutes to kill actually reward a good item not a white helm, dragons like Jormag don’t reward 4 blues and 2 greens.
They were all fun the 1st time we killed the bosses, but after that it’s all pointless.

WvW needs a rank system IMO, like 50 ranks. The higher rank I am the better loot I give if killed (I’d like that), each 5 or 10 ranks I can buy better and better looking armor/weapons for badges. I’d play it 100% no doubts. Like I said atm just randomers in a zerg and no proper reward for spending my time there. I want to advance and have a status.

Ye.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

Posted by: Soulwatcher.2604

Soulwatcher.2604

As I said in the other thread got to love how fan boys defend horrid game mechanics to the end! Yet they are the first to scream “Please do something to bring the player base back”!

Posted by: Zenith.1234

Zenith.1234

Guild Wars 2 a PvP game? Lmfao. I think people really need to sit back and actually read the details on the game or any MMORPG game. Not one MMORPG is a PvP game. All MMORPG’s are pure PvE with tacked on PvP.

Also this game is amazing and it is unreal of the amount of things to do. If you get bored and can’t find anything and actually bum-rushed the game in 1 week then maybe this game isn’t for you or any game for that matter.

Lastly, most people are having a blast with the game, hence the full servers and only a tiny % are complaining about being bored.

(edited by Zenith.1234)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I know its a PVP game. I dont have a problem with that at all. I really dont.

PVP in this game is boring….do you not think so? Like I said, WvW is something I had high hopes for but really its nothing more than multiple packs of zergs running from point to point. You cant do anything on your own which makes it feel like you dont have a choice.

Its not a matter of PVE vs PVP because I have played League of Legends for years, so I do enjoy PVP. Its just that something is missing in GW2 and I cant quite put my finger on what it is.

Are you seriously telling me that you enjoy endgame in GW2 to the point where you log in and still play it for hours?

Have you actually tried PvP or are you just chicken?