What to do now that PoF has been announced?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

With this gif

On a serious note: Mounts (RIP dead horse gif) and elite specs again don’t seem to add something exciting to the game. Last time we had a new class, specs, new leveling system and gliding (smart answer to mounts). I’ve been playing less lately and I’m not hyped at all with the announcement.

What would make me want to return: Dungeons redesign and at least 2 new dungeons located in HoT maps.

Attachments:

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

What would make me want to return: Dungeons redesign and at least 2 new dungeons located in HoT maps.

Dungeons? Really? Why?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Now that it has been announced I think the meta-game becomes Forum Wars™ where we argue, speculate and generally wind each other up until launch.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

You do realize that Fractals are the new Dungeons, right?

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Dungeons? Really? Why?

It was the content I enjoyed the most and dungeons have a lot of potential if they get an update to withstand the power creep that came along with HoT. To me it was great because you did not depend that much on everyone being online (as raids) and they were a great source of income.

Now that it has been announced I think the meta-game becomes Forum Wars™ where we argue, speculate and generally wind each other up until launch.

You sir are absolutely correct. Forum Wars Path of Speculation.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

On a serious note: Mounts and elite specs again don’t seem to add something exciting to the game.

Gliding added something exiting to the way we travel in the game. I think, with Mounts, Anet again added something exciting to the way we travel in the game.

Time (and playing) will tell.

Posted by: Shi.7021

Shi.7021

There will NEVER be any new dungeons. Its time to move on friend….

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

What am I going to do now that PoF has been revealed? Move on. Slowly but surely Anet has eroded my interest in the game by catering to the lowest common denominator.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Be extremely happy for mount and shovel trucks of money at them

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

Dungeons? Really? Why?

It was the content I enjoyed the most and dungeons have a lot of potential if they get an update to withstand the power creep that came along with HoT. To me it was great because you did not depend that much on everyone being online (as raids) and they were a great source of income.

For me dungeons are the most repetitive and static content in the entire game. It also has no place and point being in the game. There are fractlas after all that are much more re-playable and feature the same team based gameplay type.

(edited by HiddenNick.7206)

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

Prepare all of your currency and materials; something will spike due to being meta.

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

See if you like where things are going with the expansion in about a week from now and if you don’t keep doing whatever it is you’ve been doing to pass your days.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Hopefully there won’t be any new dungeons, in any case. I mean Fractals and Raids are bad enough IMO, in the sense that the less a MMORPG relies on instanced wipe-it-out content, the better.

I play for the persistence and the full spontaneous social exposure, not for instanced content which ends up being a weaker implementation of what dedicated games do.

For example for dungeons, if I were much into them, I’d be playing an ARPG, PoE for example. If I were into sPvP, I’d be in a MOBA (well, I am, so I guess that means I was into sPvP? On paper?). Those do team-vs-team worlds better since they focus on it.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.