What to do with the ornaments?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

They go into the collection, and I’m still working on it, but very much looking forward to the two things at the end.

But the items themselves, only being rare, I always put a new 80 in exotics, or left over ascended my main might not be using any more (provided the item fits the build). Is there anything useful to do with them besides melting for ectos?

Is there a mystic forge recipe that upgrades them to exotic?

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Just salvage them for ectos

One – Piken Square

notebene.3190

Just salvage them for ectos

Ok, thanks.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Ugh, is it not possible to bring them back to where they were stolen from? Grawnk stole them, I set out to find them, and I want to bring them back and get a “thank you”. That would be a nice feature.

notebene.3190

I notice I ‘can’ put the first ornament in the forge though. Is that just going to do one of those melts where you put in 4 and get out 1 of the same thing and maybe an exotic?

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Was thinking the same, why can’t i return them to Orphan Laine.
I am not gonna use the ornaments anyway.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yes, you can forge them, and they’ll act as any other rare accessory does in the forge. Or you can just salvage them.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Ugh, is it not possible to bring them back to where they were stolen from? Grawnk stole them, I set out to find them, and I want to bring them back and get a “thank you”. That would be a nice feature.

Plot twist, we’re all actually playing Chaotic Evil characters.

We agree to help, kill the grawl, retrieve the ornaments…and then still deprive the orphans of their Wintersday celebration.

Silly children should have spell checked their note.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Karmapolice.4193

Karmapolice.4193

Yeah, this is such a great holiday story. So we can either keep the ornaments for ourselves or destroy them? Sorry orphans, go join a zerg champ train if you want to be able to afford some food.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Yep. I salvaged them all for ectos.

I was hoping I could decorate my chimney-tree. But alas I could not. (Please let me move my tree)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I feel bad destroying orphans’ ornaments. Wish you actually had to return them and just got ectos or something in return if they want to make it a little more rewarding. Or maybe you could turn them in for one ascended item or something.

But oh well. I have no space to keep them and, so fed to the salvage kit beast they have been. In my head-cannon I gave them back.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Maybe they can whip together a quick follow up mission where we play Caithe and steal all the ornaments from our unsuspecting characters and then

Tune in next month for the next thrilling installment of Living Cliffhangers!

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Thought the same. Went back to the orphans to return the ornaments like they asked. Though, I see the new tree. That’s nice. But no kids.

Yeah, I eventually salvaged the ornaments too. Would of liked it better if I could have turned them in or added to the tree since it’s permanent.

Ah well.

Gone to Reddit.