What type of challenge is most fun to you?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Trimon.1028

Trimon.1028

-Patience/Focus (ie. stealth missions, figuring out enemy patterns, not getting sidetracked, avoiding temptations, ignoring distractions)

-Juking and Tricking (ie. throwing curveballs, red herrings, laying traps, figuring out where to lay traps, social stealth, camouflage, blending in with the enemy, wearing disguises, throwing distractions)

-Fear (ie. risk versus reward, fear of sudden scares, fear of loss, atmosphere, scary enemies, etc.)

-Teamwork (ie. clear communication, leadership, blame game vs. the bigger picture, being a good example, playing your strengths, roles)

-Reflex (ie. dodging, the right timing, quick reaction)

-Observation/Navigation (ie. looking for clues, following clues, spotting booby traps, navigation, looking for secrets, easter eggs)

-Morals (ie. dialogue choices, right and wrong, good of many vs good of few, the lesser evil)

-Accuracy (ie. aiming, your vision, distinction, following the enemy, keeping eye on the target)

-Logic (ie. logic puzzles, riddles, physics puzzles, math)

-Speed (ie. racing, best time completion, speed runs)

(edited by Trimon.1028)

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

Anything that can satisfy my bloodthirst. So wvw

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Teamwork & Fear & Reflex. Left 4 Dead <3

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

-Patience (ie. stealth missions, figuring out enemy patterns, hiding)

-Fear (ie. risk versus reward, fear of sudden scares, fear of loss, atmosphere, scary enemies, etc.)

-Teamwork (ie. communication, leadership, blame game vs. the bigger picture)

-Reflex (ie. dodging, the right timing, quick reaction)

-Observation/Navigation (ie. looking for clues, following clues, spotting booby traps, navigation, looking for secrets, easter eggs)

-Morals (ie. dialogue choices, right and wrong, good of many vs good of few, the lesser evil)

-Accuracy/Focus (ie. aiming, not getting sidetracked, avoiding temptations, ignoring distractions)

-Logic (ie. logic puzzles, riddles, physics puzzles, math)

-Speed (ie. racing, best time completion, speed runs)

All in one, about speed i like the you have a max time or fail and the time been part of a score that includes other things too (like times you got hit, stealth kills, that kind of things).

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Logic, teamwork, and patience, with a dash of speed for those days I just want to see how fast I can do it (with help, of course, <—— is squishy)

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

GW Missions and GvG/HA with multiple viable builds.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I find just staying on without lag spikes and DC’s to be my favorite challenge. :/

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

“What type of challenge is most fun to you?”

The type where I have fun playing it.

Unfortunately, that type is not in this game – due to redundant game play, a lack of complex skills and no sense of diversity among builds. It’s bland, boring and tedious. There’s no feeling of weight where skills have that heavy impact and makes you feel like you’ve accomplished a feat when you pull off a successful combo etc.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Patience/focus as it was in GW1 you had to get enemy paths down so you wouldn’t get smashed while taking down other groups.

Pulling and balling is always fun imo. Something me and my guild did quite often today in the new dungeon path.

It pretty much had everything I enjoy, not a bad dungeon but pretty short as usual. My guild are exceptional players so we tackle the content pretty quick.

It’s too bad these updates aren’t bigger.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

(edited by Mathias.9657)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Logic, Reflex and Accuracy, along with the idea that the challenge does not break my immersion in the game world. Sadly for me, some boss mechanics do break immersion for me, leaving me with the sense that the mechanic was a gimmick rather than a well-thought out addition.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

All of the above, but when dealing with MMO’s…I think teamwork stands out the most simply because this platform exist mostly to support it imo. I’m all for solo play when I have nothing that requires a party, but I dig group content most. If I didn’t, I don’t think I would play around in MMO’s any longer. (I actually like raiding because of large group organized play).

I think “Speed” is the one thing here though that I’m not concerned about unless it’s apart of a fail mechanic or in the case of most popular MMO group content…an enrage timer.

I am satisfied with what this game has to offer as it sort of hits a decent enough of balance between all points when thinking about content. Content isn’t hard for the experienced by any means and certainly isn’t easy for those who can’t dodge or even attack while moving (believe it or not, but I see many standing still just taking hits when they could have moved).

Instanced stuff here misses the mark though on something that I think makes for better group play/Ai battles and target selection…that is what is now called the “trinity”. Not so much the tanking, but the healing. Healers usually are the backbone of a group. An asset to be protected. There is definite challenge there learning how to decipher targets an eliminate a threat posed to the group. Relying on yourself is fine and dandy, but I think group play should be more about roles and having to rely on group members.

Going all dps is ok (and actually optimal), but I think this game would have been twice as big if it had real roles and fights to support those roles. Good thing there are multitudes of different games out there that I can visit when I want those roles.

Edit: that goes for pvp too. MMOpvp always seem better to me when healers are involved. It creates a few lines that you always see in most sports and games like chess. I’m talking about the frontline, midline and backline. Something I think GW1 was all about. You had to create strat to get to that backline as that usually held the healers. Like I said, the backbone of most groups.

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)