What was the justification for this nerf?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Racurn.5921

Racurn.5921

“Boss chests in dungeons are now limited to once a day. Champion loot bags and dungeon tokens from the bosses themselves will not be limited in this way.”

What problem did this fix? Why would you punish somebody (more) for being the fifth in a run to help their guildie fill out a dungeon run that they’ve already done once that reset cycle?

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

“Boss chests in dungeons are now limited to once a day. Champion loot bags and dungeon tokens from the bosses themselves will not be limited in this way.”

What problem did this fix? Why would you punish somebody (more) for being the fifth in a run to help their guildie fill out a dungeon run that they’ve already done once that reset cycle?

Because some players on this forum and likely in the game take it upon themselves to make it their business how other people play the game or make money. It apparently bothers them if you do it a certain way they do not want you to.

I assume it was, like many other things in this patch, meant to slow down the amount of gold players are making per day.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Are they talking about the end boss per path, or bosses you meet on every path,

TA wurm boss ( first one encountered )
CoE several bosses encountered on paths,

If its per path that fine, if its 1 boss per every path, then why the hell would anyone run the dungeon more than once, if your not getting loot, need clarification on this.

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Because some players on this forum and likely in the game take it upon themselves to make it their business how other people play the game or make money. It apparently bothers them if you do it a certain way they do not want you to.

I assume it was, like many other things in this patch, meant to slow down the amount of gold players are making per day.

This game is getting more and more disney land themepark by every update, can’t wait for Arch Age…

Limiting gold income leads to higher gem sales, which is all they kittening care about.

Posted by: root.9415

root.9415

Same reason the frost gorge train was nerfed, Anet wants you buying gold with your credit card, not earning it in-game.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

This game is getting more and more disney land themepark by every update, can’t wait for Arch Age…

Limiting gold income leads to higher gem sales, which is all they kittening care about.

Not true. Less gold earned means less inflation meaning less gold required to buy the items you want. The only people this really hurts are the people who spend significant time using this specific method to get gold.

And god forbid anyone spend some real money on a f2p game.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Same reason the frost gorge train was nerfed, Anet wants you buying gold with your credit card, not earning it in-game.

Or maybe because the whole champ train gimmick was stupid gameplay?

Pandeh.5248

I hope they keep at it, until every single fan they have left realizes this.

This company is getting more greedy by the minute.

Pandeh.5248

People like you are why they will get away with whatever tactic they choose to milk players wallets rather than making rewarding content .

Posted by: root.9415

root.9415

After watching Anet play whack-a-mole with gold income for a year and half now, it’s become blatantly obvious they want you to spend RL cash on gold instead of earning it in in game the old fashioned way. Everything Anet does is a thinly veiled attempt to squeeze more money out of the community.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Not true. Less gold earned means less inflation meaning less gold required to buy the items you want. The only people this really hurts are the people who spend significant time using this specific method to get gold.

Less money coming in only affects those that do not have hoards of it saved up so that they can just play the TP and so it will not affect prices if even some are still able to pay those prices. I’m not sure if you noticed but they nerfed every way of making gold in this game except for the TP.

And god forbid people only spend money on gimmiks and skins in the gemstore and not be forced in to buying gems for gold also in a ftp game

Edit: The only thing that will lower prices is to increase the drop rates. If people can farm the items themselves then there will be less need for them on the TP. Anet has not made any changes like this in game but they have done changes to make them more rare/scarce/costly.

(edited by Lobo Dela Noche.5127)

Posted by: Kernave.5732

Kernave.5732

I’m gutted, I was looking forward to getting into the dungeon running scene but it seems that they have become less appealing again.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“What problem did this fix? Why would you punish somebody (more) for being the fifth in a run to help their guildie fill out a dungeon run that they’ve already done once that reset cycle?”

Path sellers or people who exploit their way to the end boss? If you want to help your guildies then help your guildies, they are more important than your wallet.

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Guild Wars 2 is not a f2p game. It costs $60 to play.

Posted by: RyuKaiser.7302

RyuKaiser.7302

I’m sorry, I don’t think I ever got the memo of this game being f2p. It’ss BUY TO PLAY. Not Free to Play. That means I threw $60 at their head when pre-orders went up. F2P means you can download and play without buying anything.

Pandeh.5248

Fellow players, they also nerfed this.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/FROST-GORGE-TRAIN-RUINED/first#post3901292

I was considering starting to play again with this update, now I’m considering deleting my chars and just move on from this kitten.

I have not done champ farm since the aetherblade events were active, but this change nerfs ALL CHAMPS IN THE OPEN WORLD. kitten you anet.

(edited by Pandeh.5248)

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

Fellow players, they also nerfed this.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/FROST-GORGE-TRAIN-RUINED/first#post3901292

I was considering starting to play again with this update, now I’m considering deleting my chars and just move on from this kitten.

Gimme your Gold?

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

root … got to the root of it. I can only assume this is true, as now there is literally no decent way to make in-game gold. Oh well.

ANet, just so you know, I will probably now spend less on gems as I’m quite disappointed with all the nerfs included in this QoL patch. And believe me, I spent a lot. Ah well, more time for WvW. I guess I can’t feel too bad as I have all my toons at 80 and fully geared. I feel bad for anyone coming into the game.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I have one question for ANet… since it seems the devs are pushing everyone to TP flipping as the ONLY real source of in-game cash, who exactly is going to be out in the world actually collecting the stuff to sell?

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Nerelith.7360

I have one question for ANet… since it seems the devs are pushing everyone to TP flipping as the ONLY real source of in-game cash, who exactly is going to be out in the world actually collecting the stuff to sell?

Me… Playing the game as Intended.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Scottd.5764

Scottd.5764

Yea, that’s not gonna happen anymore I’m not spending anymore money on the game, so I say goodbye.

Nerelith.7360

Yea, that’s not gonna happen anymore I’m not spending anymore money on the game, so I say goodbye.

Can I have your stuff?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Mindlessly grinding overworld speedbump trash mobs = correct way to play
Mindlessly grinding overworld speedbump champ mobs = incorrect way to play

GW2 player logic 101

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Chiperchu.3907

Chiperchu.3907

They care about players playing dungeons and working together to earn loot, but not the bots constantly manipulating market prices on the black lion trading co. Of course that consolidates the wealth amongst a few players and keeps the demand for gold high, so they wouldn’t have a complaint.
On top of this they make you pay for each trait you unlock, up to 3 gold for the newer ones. Now we get 40 levels of grinding before we can diversify our characters like in every other poorly designed mmo. I’m sure some players will buy armor boosters from the gem store to make up for the nerf everything got.
I’m going to stop playing out of protest. I loved this game, I purchased gems and leveled multiple characters. I want to have faith in the developers, but this update is too greedy.
I’ll keep checking and will return if they fix this, but for now I’m on the look for a new game to play.

Posted by: dansamy.3752

dansamy.3752

I’m just coming back after a hiatus of over a year due to family medical issues. I bought 2 more accounts so that each of my children have their own accounts. While I’m upset that there’s no efficient means of gold income, I think that the four of us will be able to play together & enjoy the game. If there’s something we want from the gem shop, we might buy it, depending on whether or not I feel it’s worth the price.

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

There is absolutely no intelligent reason to limit the amount of stuff I can do in a day. It unfairly punishes people who have more time to play on certain days rather than people who are able to play for a small time every day.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Posted by: dansamy.3752

dansamy.3752

My daughter did hammer the heck out of the Queensdale train this past week & got her character from 0 to 40 & with a little starter purse of 15 gold. I think she did pretty good considering. My son, who had to go out of town, got his toon to level 26 & has a little pile of about 5 gold. While neither of those amounts will go very far, they do have a little stash to buy basic items that they need. They’ll pretty well rely on drops for new armor & weapons for quite a while yet. My own main, level 80 before I stopped playing, has a set of exotic weapons, but only rare armor. And she’ll stay in that until I can afford better.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Unlike a certain other MMO which is focusing on and greatly rewarding hardcore play, GW2 focuses on the average the player. All they’re doing is normalizing everything.

The champ trains promoted very poor play however, taught bad habits and to some new players, made the game sound like nothing but a typical grind to level MMO. Its nerf was warranted.

Nerelith.7360

They care about players playing dungeons and working together to earn loot, but not the bots constantly manipulating market prices on the black lion trading co. Of course that consolidates the wealth amongst a few players and keeps the demand for gold high, so they wouldn’t have a complaint.
On top of this they make you pay for each trait you unlock, up to 3 gold for the newer ones. Now we get 40 levels of grinding before we can diversify our characters like in every other poorly designed mmo. I’m sure some players will buy armor boosters from the gem store to make up for the nerf everything got.
I’m going to stop playing out of protest. I loved this game, I purchased gems and leveled multiple characters. I want to have faith in the developers, but this update is too greedy.
I’ll keep checking and will return if they fix this, but for now I’m on the look for a new game to play.

Can I have your gold?

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

It’s already been said that the reason they made these changes, was because they were removing some of the gold sinks from the game (Repairs, and retraiting.) So to balance out the loss of 2 goldsinks they had to slighlty reduce gold income in some aspect of the game.

It’s really not that hard to understand.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

Sekhmet.6153

I “play the game as intended” and I don’t get anything rare or worth much money outside of T5 and T6 mats. I think I’ve had 4 or 5 exotic weapons that were worth 1-5 gold drop and I’ve played for 760 hours.

The other night I did Jormag’s event and got 1 rare pistol, a green sword, a piece of leather, 1 blue helmet and 3 silver. Not exactly a treasure worthy of an event that takes nearly a half hour to complete, but I assume events like these are where people are supposed to “play as intended” and get their money and items.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

+1….me too.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Anet wants to take money out of the economy. So they increase the costs of things and reduce the ways to make money. So the players who already farmed this stuff already benefited, and they’re just hurting the players that didn’t farm this.

Posted by: MAD CAT.9321

MAD CAT.9321

It’s already been said that the reason they made these changes, was because they were removing some of the gold sinks from the game (Repairs, and retraiting.) So to balance out the loss of 2 goldsinks they had to slighlty reduce gold income in some aspect of the game.

It’s really not that hard to understand.

But everything else will raise in cost amirite

Teon.5168

I “play the game as intended” and I don’t get anything rare or worth much money outside of T5 and T6 mats. I think I’ve had 4 or 5 exotic weapons that were worth 1-5 gold drop and I’ve played for 760 hours.

The other night I did Jormag’s event and got 1 rare pistol, a green sword, a piece of leather, 1 blue helmet and 3 silver. Not exactly a treasure worthy of an event that takes nearly a half hour to complete, but I assume events like these are where people are supposed to “play as intended” and get their money and items.

Maybe your ‘luck’ isn’t very high, as I get quite a few decent exotic drops during an evening’s play. I have been averaging around 4-7 gold a week from drops and salvages, and I only play around 15-20 hours a week, depending on what else I have going on. My wife averages even more than that, as she plays a bit more than I do. But then again, my luck is well above 70%, and hers is close to that(and that luck/magic find rating is account wide). Plus, I am also usually running some sort of consumable that also helps increase my ‘luck’. A high luck/magic find rating really helps what you get in drops over a few hours of playtime.

To put it in context, I have 3 80s, and multiple lower toons, and I salvage nearly everything, except for the 30-40 silver armor and weapon drops. I usually also average some high silver salvages. Get 4-5 of those kinds of things, and you got yourself nearly 1.5 gold in one night. (Minus the cost of the master salvaging kits, and it probably works out to just over a gold….but my luck also increased during that salvaging, so that’s worth it)

Heck, just tonight, I got around 1.4 gold from drops/salavges….in around 4 hours of play in WvW. (A very good night for WvW, and not typical….higher level PvE usually nets a bit more in a similar amount of time, although I am also able to get some nice exotic drops on my lower toons, as well, due to my luck rating being so high)

Maybe try salvaging more, as you get a lot of luck from doing that. And make sure you’re using a master salvaging kit.

When I read about players not making much money off drops, I always wonder how much salvaging they do, and how high their luck rating is. When my luck rating was low, I didn’t get crap……but now that it’s into the high 70s, I never have much trouble getting good exotic drops to salvage and/or sell whole if they’re in the 30-40s range.

Of course, this all might change with the latest patch……will see after a few weeks, although it didn’t seem any different tonight…..maybe even a tad better than usual.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

That is a HUGE nerf….

And what makes me more angry is the TP is still ruining this game….
Really

How come that every single activity in game get nerfed while TP speculation is still rampant and even incentivated and defended by john smith?

Balancing is good, but if you leave speculation as it is, you are literally pushing everyone in it….
And actually this game is not TP Tycoon.

In this way there will be deflation for few players (tp speculators) and inflation for everyone else.

My gold won t keep its value…

Where is the “player driven economy” if you continuosly nerf everything except TP, increase crafting requirements BUT never move a finger against lack of supply (or supply manipulation).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Sekhmet.6153

Maybe your ‘luck’ isn’t very high, as I get quite a few decent exotic drops during an evening’s play. I have been averaging around 4-7 gold a week from drops and salvages, and I only play around 10-20 hours a week, depending on what else I have going on. My wife averages even more than that, as she plays a bit more than I do. But then again, my luck is well above 70%, and hers is close to that. Plus, I am also usually running some sort of consumable that also helps increase my ‘luck’. A high luck/magic find rating really helps what you get in drops over a few hours of playtime.

Maybe try salvaging more, as you get a lot of luck from doing that.

My Magic find is already 78 and I had a birthday booster and a omnomberry bar, in addition to a few guild boosts I got before the fight. So I had around 200+ magic find at the time. My gf usually plays with me and she gets even less than I do, although she did get an endless mystery quaggan tonic during the Lion’s Arch event, but other than that she has trouble getting anything of note as well.

Its RNG.

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

First, isn’t it funny how your “less gold” theory is blown out the window when you look at the effect these changes have had on dyes. Dye prices have more than quadrupled!

Second, this is NOT a f2p game, it is a b2p game, everyone has already paid $50 on average to be here.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Not true. Less gold earned means less inflation meaning less gold required to buy the items you want.

Untrue. You forgot, that the income that FG train generated was not in form of gold, but mainly in drops. Everything that came from those boxes will now drop in supply.
Previous history already shown, that everytime Anet nerfs another farm, prices jump up., not down.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

About time Anet dealt with path sellers and champ trains imo.

Limiting gold income leads to higher gem sales, which is all they kittening care about

Good lord, where do you people come up with this nonsensical garbage?

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

That is a HUGE nerf….

And what makes me more angry is the TP is still ruining this game….
Really

How come that every single activity in game get nerfed while TP speculation is still rampant and even incentivated and defended by john smith?

Balancing is good, but if you leave speculation as it is, you are literally pushing everyone in it….
And actually this game is not TP Tycoon.

In this way there will be deflation for few players (tp speculators) and inflation for everyone else.

My gold won t keep its value…

Where is the “player driven economy” if you continuosly nerf everything except TP, increase crafting requirements BUT never move a finger against lack of supply (or supply manipulation).

Agreed, this seems to be a U.S. economy sim; The 1% running the economy and the 99% getting crushed under it. I loved this game when it first came out. Now I haven’t played in months and these recent changes are not instilling hope in me.

(edited by BilboBaggins.5620)

Teon.5168

Maybe your ‘luck’ isn’t very high, as I get quite a few decent exotic drops during an evening’s play. I have been averaging around 4-7 gold a week from drops and salvages, and I only play around 10-20 hours a week, depending on what else I have going on. My wife averages even more than that, as she plays a bit more than I do. But then again, my luck is well above 70%, and hers is close to that. Plus, I am also usually running some sort of consumable that also helps increase my ‘luck’. A high luck/magic find rating really helps what you get in drops over a few hours of playtime.

Maybe try salvaging more, as you get a lot of luck from doing that.

My Magic find is already 78 and I had a birthday booster and a omnomberry bar, in addition to a few guild boosts I got before the fight. So I had around 200+ magic find at the time. My gf usually plays with me and she gets even less than I do, although she did get an endless mystery quaggan tonic during the Lion’s Arch event, but other than that she has trouble getting anything of note as well.

Its RNG.

I am not sure how it could be due to a random number generator when both my wife and I get fairly consistent money most nights. We both did quite well on drops during the LA destruction/attack/scarlet ls.

I would think with your luck rating so high that you would do better with drops.

I really have no idea what it could be. /shrug

Maybe it has something to do with being on a lower pop server like where we are? If that’s the case, then the megaserver should diminish our weekly gold.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

What are you trying to buy that is SO expensive?

I on average have about 10g on me. I have had up to 93g but quickly spent it all to buy mats to level a crafting up to 500 and to start making my ascended gear.
I have never felt the need to run in the champ trains or farm a dungeon millions of times to get my money. If I play a dungeon I do a path once a day, or twice a day if I run one before server reset.

Most the stuff on the Gem store is not needed to play the game. Its almost all cosmetic stuff anyway. Yes there are the few unbreakable gathering tools which are very nice to own but are not needed to play the game.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

ten times this.
+10

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

…can’t wait for Arch Age…

I can’t begin to explain how dreadfully erroneous your expectations are. Definitely not something that will appeal to a GW2 player by any measure; rather a nice next step for a Happy/Crazy Farm aficionado, though.