What was your biggest troll in gw2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Monkish Delights.2591

Monkish Delights.2591

My biggest troll was i convinced an entire server that my guild leader recently had a baby and convinced them to send him pm’s and mails for weeks straight, also the reset of the guild hopped on and even kept it as a running joke for over a year now.

Spirit of Faith [HOPE]: proudly serving pain to scrubs

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Icebrood.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

In WvW with my mesmer…I was waiting at the top of a steep cliff in the borderland jumping puzzle. someone from the enemy team was carefully making their way up. We never engaged – had an unspoken agreement of peaceful ceasefire.

But when they finally reached the top, near the end, and so close to the chest for the key, I took my focus and threw them back into the water, all the way to the start of the jumping puzzle. Then I ran like a coward in fear of their retaliation. That was probably the meanest and most trolly thing I ever did. I’m usually a nice person.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Lol.

I am not very proud of it, but here is my story..
Long time ago there was a guy that had a funny name (and his character was also quite “ugly”) and most people made fun of him (via map chat). So I protected him with one of my characters and this particular character and he developed a map chat romance (greeting each other, telling us how lovely we are, etc.. ^^). I think we both (he and me) trolled map chat for quite a while by writing about these things each time we saw each other (over a few month).
Maybe I also trolled him, because he invited me to do some serious stuff together (dungeons, etc.), but I wasn’t interested in that. I just enjoyed our banter and reading map chat reactions. ^^

So.. If you are the guy and reading it right now: I am sorry about that and for trolling you. (Really hope you just enjoyed it as much as myself.)

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

1) Our guild met in Wayfarer Foothills and completed the Jackalope event chain… we all bought the Jackalope tonics and ran all across Wayfarer Foothills… it was a good lol to see everyone stop to stare. (There was about 75 of us as jackalopes).

2) Was not my troll… but saw a commander in WvW lead a zerg to jump off a cliff and all die… lol

3) Waited at the top of Obsidian Sanctum JP to kill people… mostly out of spite cause it happened to me and I had to rejump that long puzzle.

4) Intentionally helped complete the Blixx event!!!

Posted by: vadeam.4927

vadeam.4927

My guild was doing guild missions when they were new and we would always would talk in map chat as if we were in WvW. We had some people on our server convinced that the game was bugged and that both chats we combined, because all of our commander tag would appear off map.

Another one was about 3-4 mounts ago, I was in a guild with a Mesmer who found a way in to all the WvW keeps in the eternal battle grounds, and we took one of the enemy’s keep in 30 seconds. I don’t know how he did it but somehow he portaled our who guild into the keep. I think he was banned for a shot time for it.

The last thing my guild would do in WvW is our commanders would lead our servers zergs off of cliffs, just because people are or were mindless and would follow a commander for no reason. from this i learned how to survive from fall damage with a guardian.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Icebrood.

I was thinking Cave, pretty much the same thing as Icebrood but with the added trolliness of only coming out when you don’t want to fight him. When you do he’s nowhere to be found.

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

an entire guild of 80 people were standing where humen lvl 1 start and we were welcoming new members to the game, and then ALL OF US were holding some musical instrument and just following them and playing

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

There was an event somewhere that was “bugged”. As long as you didn’t destroy these cauldrons, champ harpies would continuously spawn. If you DID destroy the cauldrons (which had a significant amount of health) the event would stop and a champ boss would spawn. The boss would be majorly scaled up due to the amount of people. Almost impossible to kill. Unless you’re the HERO OF ORR.

I’d destroy the cauldrons and the boss much to the chagrin and amazement (again, it was a lot of hp and no one would help – they wanted me to fail in order for the event to continue) of those around me. The entire time I was doing a ton of corny roleplay as if I was the HERO OF ORR. The Hero Orr deserved! I got quite a bit of hate, but even more adulation. I was getting paid to guest to other servers to ruin the event.

The roleplay and the event disruption was so funny and epic that it caught the attention of devs and GMs who whispered me in game to let me know they loved what I was doing and some even friended me.

I got kicked out of my guild, but the friends I made from that few days was worth it. You don’t know what it’s like to hear “Oh crap. Poetik is here.” on servers you aren’t even on.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I got kicked out of my guild, but the friends I made from that few days was worth it. You don’t know what it’s like to hear “Oh crap. Poetik is here.” on servers you aren’t even on.

I never imagined one could use the power of troll for good. Golf claps to you.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: FenixFire.1673

FenixFire.1673

1) In an EB zerg, the commander just ran around from gathering node to gathering node harvesting things.
2) My, using my Endless Guild Banner during the World Boss Train next to other valid banners, watching people try again and again to get my buff.

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

You are truly the Hero of Orr.

This kind of thing is basically what my trolling amounts to as well. Purposefully completing events other people want to fail.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Shooting treb poisons on kitteny gvg’s guilds. Priceless

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Biggest troll? No gear progression, i’d guess.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

You are truly the Hero of Orr.

This kind of thing is basically what my trolling amounts to as well. Purposefully completing events other people want to fail.

Why is that somehow heroic or good? You’re still being a kitten and wasting everyone’s time, I can only assume because you think they don’t deserve to have the option of doing what they’re doing. Vigilantes may be idolized in popular fiction, but they are not welcomed in the real world. Let ANet deal with with things they don’t like.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I won’t say this is my biggest, but one thing I really enjoy doing it to change my ranger pet when I’m with guildies to be as close as possible to whatever it is that we’re fighting. Like we’re in TA, and before we hit the spiders, I switch to a spider pet.

People turn around and freak, sometimes even attack my pet, before they realize.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

But when they finally reached the top, near the end, and so close to the chest for the key, I took my focus and threw them back into the water, all the way to the start of the jumping puzzle. Then I ran like a coward in fear of their retaliation. That was probably the meanest and most trolly thing I ever did. I’m usually a nice person.

YOU MONSTER!

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

i started to play PvP with a glass cannon ranger.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Why is that somehow heroic or good? You’re still being a kitten and wasting everyone’s time, I can only assume because you think they don’t deserve to have the option of doing what they’re doing. Vigilantes may be idolized in popular fiction, but they are not welcomed in the real world. Let ANet deal with with things they don’t like.

Because intentionally failing events runs completely contrary to the spirit of the game, and you know it. Really, it could be considered an exploit and therefore bannable. And it CERTAINLY doesn’t justify the toxic response thrown at people who were legitimately trying to play the game as intended.

And considering that Arena.net DID snap that little exploit shut (though not as quickly as many would have liked), would rather prove that the “intentional fail” crowd WAS 100% in the wrong.

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

I was the victim of the biggest troll of this game. I thought GW2 was going to be a continuation of GW1. While Gw2 is a nice game with many interesting things to do, it lacks most of what made GW1 a great and enjoyable game.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Not really troll unless you count trolling a bot. Back in the LS when there were those balloons that would take people to DR a bunch of us found a bot in Queensdale. Since bots constantly spam F we gathered some mesmers. We dropped ports on the bot and got it to take the balloon to DR. That was pretty funny.

The Burninator

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

not my video, but i think this guy wins the troll award XD

my greatest trolling moment was probably last week during the keyfarming buff
putting down a banquet on an NPC that the keyrunners need to talk to (so they accidentally use the banquet, flagging them for costume brawl) and then blasting them all with a cannon sending them all flying, trololol XD
it works for banks and trading posts too!

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

In case any one is curious here is a link to the old thread regarding the ember farm. Along with some heated exchange and plenty of screenshots.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/TC-s-Cursed-Shore-being-choked-by-Ember-farm/first

Hero of Orr signing off.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk