What will I do at lvl 80?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chicksboy.8734

Chicksboy.8734

I am super happy I am back into this game. I am a level 77 warrior now. I’m waiting for tomorrow for the log in bonus with the 3 tomes of knowledge I will be level 80 tomorrow!

What is there to do first thing when level 80??
Am I able to build my own house or collect appearance of armours?
Do I level another character? thank you

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

World completion, because your character is downlevelled you can go back and complete the entire world which will reward you with a star next to your name, a special title, and a gift used to create legendary weapons.

Fractals and raids, arguably the end-game for PvE.

The expansions, Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire, all the maps are lv80, and you need to be maximum level to subclass to Berserker or Spellbreaker.

Living World, an endless stream of lv80 content that is introduced every 2-3 months, it also started to add new maps as of season 3. All of these maps have large meta-events, unique currencies and items and are lv80.

There’s much, much more. This is just the tip of the iceburg.

I recommend starting with Achivements, particularly Collections, and just seeing where they take you in the world, using wiki to research them.

If you wanna follow Living World: Finish Personal Story, play Living World Season 2 (gemstore, you can buy with gold), buy Heart of Thorns and play it, play Living World Season 3 (gemstore, also bought with gold), and finally buy Path of Fire and you will be ready for the next adventure to start in September.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Chicksboy.8734

Chicksboy.8734

A warrior can be a berserker or a spellbreaker? Awesome!

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

What is there to do first thing when level 80??

• Start getting good equipment. Check MetaBattle for the most popular builds, although these might alter once the upcoming expansion is released.
  • Follow your Story Journal (to be found in the Hero Panel tab) and proceed with your personal story.
  • Get better acquainted with the game. GW2 Wiki is a good start.
  • Check you Achievement tab on the Hero Panel and see what else is there to do (which is plenty).
  • See if you might be interested in participating in events. GW2 Timer is the best site to get an overview over those.
  • Find a good, beginner-friendly guild.

Am I able to build my own house or collect appearance of armours?

There is no player housing in GW2. You can, however, enhance your Home Instance with all sorts of stuff.

Do I level another character? thank you

That no one can answer for you. I have 11 characters, many have 9 (one for each profession), but there are people with as much as 67 characters (I met such a player today in WvW), which IMO is just insane. It depends on your time and interest, as well as your wallet (as additional character slots cost quite a lot — Edit: Just saw they are currently put on a discount! In case you need more than your four slots. ).

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

On that last bit — yes, new slots are normally $10 worth of gems but they are on a substantial discount TODAY ONLY (ending at 9 am Pacific tomorrow most likely) so if you know yourself to be an altoholic and can afford it you may wish to preemptively collect more slots, to at least get to a total of nine so you can make one of each profession.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Oops, sorry, Donari. Didn’t read your response before editing…