What with unemployed Trait and Repairs NPCs?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zemiacsik.4590

zemiacsik.4590

I just have this simple question, what will happen with Trait Trainers and Repairs NPCs after April Feature Pack? They will become unemployed in a moment and in global, it is not a small number, so what impact it will have on world of Tyria?

I hope there will not be another living story about saving orphans, donating to citizens and facing riots due to their lost jobs, because it would be sad

[ALE] Ring of Fire (EU)

Posted by: Memphis.3274

Memphis.3274

They wont go away.

• Profession trainers will sell trait guides if you dont want to explore the world for your traits
  • Repair npcs have just the repair costs removed, you still need their service to repair your armor

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Repair NPCs will still be around, just providing their service for free to the player. Lore wise they have been employed by Gnash on salary rather than paid per service.

As for Profession trainers, they will have a change in business model. They will sell books, and from a lore perspective, I suspect they will make more money selling the individual trait books than they ever did with trait changing

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.