What would a Legendary Revenant do?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

We know that Revenants channel the memories and energies of Legends of the past within the mist.

But what would happen if the Revenant invokes the legend of another legendary Revenant.

What sort of skills would that Revenant have?

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

Can you not? We’re barely recovering from Halloween parties, it’s way too early for this please.

But seriously, idk. Since I guess lore-wise, not every Revenant summons the same Legends, then summoning a Revenant Legend would act as a proxy to the Legends he/she could call upon (probably more powerful ones, since he’s a “Legendary Revenant” maybe an Elder Dragon or a Giganticus Lupicus?)

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Thought Rytlock was the first Revenant? Not sure if we’d be channeling another Revenant anytime soon. However, we could definitely channel a Ritualist from GW1. There’s plenty to choose from like Xandra, Duncan the Black, or even Master Togo. There’s also a plethora of skills in the Ritualist line that featured “heroes” of Cantha’s past. For instance Attuned was Songkai, and Vengeful was Khanhei. So tons to work with.

Personally, I hope we get a Ritualist up next to channel. Would love to have one that was a Spirit Spammer!

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Thought Rytlock was the first Revenant?

Honestly based on the concept art for the Revenant I was under the assumption that Razah was the first revenant.

Attachments:

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

revception!
they’d invoke a spirit who invokes a spirit!

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Now add a chronomancer to the mix and you’d be able to channel yourself.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Honestly based on the concept art for the Revenant I was under the assumption that Razah was the first revenant.

Razah is a Ritualist ( unless you change his profession ). And that isn’t Razah’s concept art. Unless I’ve missed something somewhere.

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Razah is a Ritualist ( unless you change his profession ). And that isn’t Razah’s concept art. Unless I’ve missed something somewhere.

I believe they meant that they look similar.

as for the OP, the way legends work isn’t as concrete as we see ingame, we don’t “equip” legends and gain access to skills, we invoke them and they show us how to do their skills by giving us their knowledge and muscle memory.

I’d guess that they would either show us how to do a unique technique that they knew (eg, invoking rytlock would possibly have him show us how to quell ghosts), or just give nothing besides another voice in your head to speak to, since you already know everything they could teach you (that said, a less experienced revenant channeling a more experienced revenant would likely learn generic revenant abilities like walking through the mists much faster than if they didn’t get advice from the revenant legend).

it’s also important to realize that you are invoking a person, not a class, invoking Khilbron would be very different to invoking Livia or the Master of Whispers, despite all three being human necromancers.

(edited by Calcifire.1864)

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Razah starts as a ritualist but can change to any profession. He’s a tabula rasa.

I don’t know who is in that revenant picture but they look to have grey skin and tattoos all over just like Razah, so it makes me think whatever Razah was might have a connection to the lore behind how Rytlock learned to become a revenant.