What would you do if the exp was one pve map?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

If you found out the expansion just contained “Verdant Brink” as the only PvE map being released with the expansion, what would your reaction be?

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Isnt the expansion 1 map split into 3 biomes though?

Stark.1350

Still incredibly small by most expansion standards for MMO’s.

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Play specizalations and still be happy still. Farm new gear keep saving for ascended armor work towards the new legendary weapons. I personally don’t mind buying simply just to support anet the specizalations are what I’m getting which makes me happy enough to get

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

It wouldn’t affect me.

Posted by: assasin oates.3018

assasin oates.3018

No, No, NO, a thousand times NO! There are multiple PvE maps with 3 biomes. Where are people getting this idea from???

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Jump on my unicorn and fly to Jupiter

Posted by: Kezia.7836

Kezia.7836

Still play my HoT account and be happy.

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

No, No, NO, a thousand times NO! There are multiple PvE maps with 3 biomes. Where are people getting this idea from???

I think they look at the wiki and automatically assume thats all the content theres going to be.

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

If you found out the expansion didn’t just contain “Verdant Brink” as not the only PvE map being released with the expansion, what would your reaction be???

Anx

Kill.3458

Honestly my issue is how in the dark we are about what this expansion holds, shady business practices aside, how is that that so many of us know so little about what’s in this expansion and yet ANet would like us to hand over our money now…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

But we know the name of at least two maps, so it’s not. lol

Kill.3458

Yay 2 maps I’ll gladly hand over my money now. No, I want ANet to include in the HoT sales page what exactly I’m getting in this expansion, not a general overview of what to expect (id be fine with this if it was a simple pre-order but its not)

anx.7549

Kill – I understand your issues fully. I bought the Ultimate as I had the money there, I was having a kittening bad day, and I thought it was buy this or probably go out and blow the money on RL wine and have a stinking hangover. I am happy with my gems which I buy a lot, I am happy with my mini, and extra bits. When the game is out I’ll be even happier.

I totally understand issues others have and it IS unfair for many, but I came late to GW2 and missed the LS1 and LA demise, but that’s my fault for not switching to GW2 sooner, but I’ve managed, and I still love the game.

Anx

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Still incredibly small by most expansion standards for MMO’s.

What if that 1 map was the size of 10 Queensdales? What if it went all the way underground into an entire area hidden from the world map?

anx.7549

Oh and I really do think an extra slot really wouldn’t be a bad thing to have included.

Anx

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Yea, some people are holding back from HoT because of the lack of information of what exactly is in the expansion, what exactly that the gw2 will not able to access.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I would still buy it. I’m mostly interested in the new class and specializations. The challenging group content is possibly another reason I would buy it.

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

I would still buy the game. I would prefer there to be more than one zone (in your hypothetical situation) but it wouldn’t be a deal breaker. But then I am a JP addict and the thought of HoT kind of makes me salivate.

Even 1 zone will be 3 biomes per zone: canopy, ground, underground.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Perhaps because ANet have told us practically nothing about all these supposed new area’s, maybe?

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I believe he was presenting a hypothetical situation.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

One map? With three levels? For fifty bucks? No, I’d be done with this game. That’s beyond ridiculous. I know Living Story, rushed to appease the expansion crowd, content when I see it. And I don’t want to hear that argument about getting stuff ‘free’ for years either.

I’ve bought more than enough minis, seasonal items, etc. with gems to nullify that nonsense.

Now . . . if that map was massive maybe. It depends, again, on the amount of content.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The topic seems pointless. The answer is obvious, the premise is already demonstrably false. You might as well ask “how would you react if you learned that your bedroom full of furniture only has one doll sized chair in it and you only imagined sleeping in your bed?”

I guess … dumbfounded that I’d fallen into a parallel universe?

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

If they announced only 1 map I would be glad I hadn’t pre-ordered before I heard how many maps they were making. I am expecting 3-5, with 5 being the point where I put my money down without feeling bad about it.

DaShi.1368

I was disappointed when they first announced what would be in the expansion. I was hoping after a living story that felt padded and short shrifted, they were devoting their time to a massive, epic expansion. Now it appears to be living story part 3 with some nice but generally restrained additional components.

I guess a more interesting scenario for me would be: what would you do if the expansion had you defeat Mordremoth?

If this was the culmination of an epic journey to get to him, then I would feel much better about this expansion.

DaShi.1368

If they announced only 1 map I would be glad I hadn’t pre-ordered before I heard how many maps they were making. I am expecting 3-5, with 5 being the point where I put my money down without feeling bad about it.

I recall them saying there would be 3. The wiki says that the Heart of Maguuma region will contain multiple open world maps.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Once again it is the issue of quality vs quantity.

I am all for quality map, well designed, crowded, lots of things to work for, getting a lot of attention, everyone work together as a whole for the ultimate tasks, feeling accomplishment after the meta event etc…

If one map is able to provide fun factor for several months, i call it worth every penny.

Fun or not, its up to me and only after i’ve played every corner of that map. NOT BEFORE. And if it is not ups to expectation, i will invest my money else where in the future, no big deal.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Excellent point, Crossaber.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We don’t know how big Verdant Brink is. We don’t know how many other maps. We don’t know if Verdant Brink is typical or small compared to other HoT maps.

In terms of value for my dollars/pounds/euros spent, ANet’s track record has always been good. I don’t blame people for wanting to wait to see more, even if I don’t understand the outrage. Don’t want to spend US$50? Don’t spend it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

DaShi.1368

Anet has pretty much said that they are smaller maps, but filled with more content.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Pointless hypotheticals ar pointless. Since that’s not the case it really doesn’t matter.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Ardenwolfe.8590

They also said no expansions, grinding for gear, and that we’ll need to buy the core game to play the expansion too, but let’s not go there.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The far left map is a datamined Verdent Brinks. I’ve been assured that the map size is not accurate on the map, because of Beta videos and Tyria3D. /shrug. So, for the what it’s worth department, here is a picture.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Kill.3458

Anet has pretty much said that they are smaller maps, but filled with more content.

Yea theyve said that SW/DT is how they want maps to look like in the future, small with concentrated event activity. Funny enough I enjoy the larger maps its too bad that end game maps lack the size of some maps when leveling (Mount Maelstrom/Lornar’s Pass).

I’m more fore a happy medium between the 2 (Size/Event driven activity) and SW and DT is DEFINETLY not the answer imo

Ardenwolfe.8590

Interesting. Thank you for posting that.

Gone to Reddit.

Kill.3458

The far left map is a datamined Verdent Brinks. I’ve been assured that the map size is not accurate on the map, because of Beta videos and Tyria3D. /shrug. So, for the what it’s worth department, here is a picture.

1 or 2 more maps that size with the content to boot and ill glady get this brand new base game DLC

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Isn’t Anet already said that the map will expand into 3 levels? If that’s the case, one top view map already = 3 maps overlapped into 1.

Ask yourself how many times you’ve visit lv1-79 map beside level up alt, gather mat, doing dailies, world boss and dungeon? My experience is, as soon as the world boss event is done, the volunteer map change icon pops up. You can’t deny that those map lack replayable value.

Bigger map means you will feel less populated and also require more contents to fill up. This is the other issue of core maps, lots of space with too many wp, feel deserted even it is a very crowd map. Lets see Orr, even it is flooded with players, 30~40% of the map still feel empty, because meaningful content or event is not filling every corner of the map.

The way silverwaste is doing, you got connected event filled most corner, and everyone is working for 1 ultimate goal, the replayability value is much much higher than any of the core map is able to provide.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The way silverwaste is doing, you got connected event filled most corner, and everyone is working for 1 ultimate goal, the replayability value is much much higher than any of the core map is able to provide.

The reason SW is full because it’s the best/most effortless farming in the game.

Stark.1350

Here’s what the expansion is so far that we know:
1 PvP map.
New WvW maps that you’ll be playing on for months if not years.
1 PvE zone that we know of.
Guild Halls.
Some crafting.
QoL updates.
Mastery system.

I’ll be done with the expansion, as it stands, in two months max.

Ardenwolfe.8590

And one new class.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

1 PvP map.
Guild Halls.
Some crafting.
QoL updates.
Mastery system.

I played Dragon Age 3 for about two months after paying full box price and didn’t feel ripped off.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

1 PvP map.
Guild Halls.
Some crafting.
QoL updates.
Mastery system.

Idk. The mastery system which is only for those that have HoT may take a while. If you do fractals, it has one. If you want to make one of the new Legendaries, you’ll be working on that. There are some others still unnamed that you may well be working on. It’s kind of early to say you’ll be done in 2 months.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Some players will do almost all the content in a week. And that’s not a comment on the amount of content, but more about those players.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If you found out the expansion just contained “Verdant Brink” as the only PvE map being released with the expansion, what would your reaction be?

I’d continue to consider the new open world maps the least important thing about HoT. It doesn’t matter if there were five maps – GW2 PvE maps are trivial-mode content for the most part and anyone with passable reflexes will have cleared the majority of the not grind-gated content there in a week or two. What’ll keep me logging in for a while is the possibilities of new builds, the WvW/PvP maps and walking a Revenant through all the old content.

They give me new things to do pretty regularly (living world). They give me new ways to do it almost never (half-cooked balance passes every 6 months if we’re lucky)and new ways to do stuff is what HoT is offering me.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Stark.1350

I’d continue to consider the new open world maps the least important thing about HoT. It doesn’t matter if there were five maps – GW2 PvE maps are trivial-mode content for the most part and anyone with passable reflexes will have cleared the majority of the not grind-gated content there in a week or two. What’ll keep me logging in for a while is the possibilities of new builds, the WvW/PvP maps and walking a Revenant through all the old content.

They give me new things to do pretty regularly (living world). They give me new ways to do it almost never (half-cooked balance passes every 6 months if we’re lucky)and new ways to do stuff is what HoT is offering me.

After three years of the same maps, you’re excited to run through them again on a new class.

I think I’m done here.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If you’re still here after three years you either like the core game play or you’re kinda nuts.

I like the core gameplay.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Anzriel.1398

Anzriel.1398

The number of maps isn’t the single biggest issue for me, it’s what new content in general will be added. Things I can do such as ‘challenging group content’ that will be what I’ll decide on purchasing the HoT expansion on. Content, not number of maps. If I think it’s too little I’ll wait till it goes on sale, if it’s enough I’ll shell out the 50 dollars for it, it really that simple.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I want them to make use of the frigging maps… ok, HoT is cool and all, and I may play it a lot, but there are so many beautiful landscapes which go unused such as Timberline Falls mountains with jaw-dropping views.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I’m going to need to see a decent amount of new PvE territory before I decide to buy. Specializations, new class, masteries… none of that will be worth anything to me if there won’t be plenty of new places to play with them. I’ve done nothing other than 10-15 minute logins over the last 3-4 months, because there’s nothing in the game I want to repeat once more. New features and QoL improvements aren’t going to change that. I need a substantial new environment or everything else in the expansion will be pointless for me.

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

I think I would wake up… was just a nightmare.