What would you do with 1000g ? ? ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: doomfodder.2906

doomfodder.2906

Someone in a group I was in got a SPARK drop (which currently sells for around 1100g) so after selling – TP taxes they would have a little less than 1000g. We all asked "what will you do with the $? They didn’t really know… I had to think about it too… As an aside, they didn’t have the 5% listing fee so would have to sell at the highest buy price anyway.

How would you SPEND 1000g?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Hmm…

tough choice but a toss up between;

Buying up the exotic minis I lack
or
Putting it towards collections and/or armour I lack for cultural/fashion sets

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Buy armors, weapons and things for my alts basically.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I have accumulated roughly 1600g on my travels so far, and money tends to usually go towards new full builds (armor sets + runes) or weapon skins.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

The answer is quite obvious: People who have that kind of gold and spend it do so on a precurser as it’s more than enough for everything else.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

- Buy black Lions weapons

- Buy silk to craft ascended armor

- Maybe buy one of the weapons A Gift of Light is used to make.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Give about 500g away to randoms in chat. Give friend about 200g. buy random skins with the rest

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Grym.4295

Grym.4295

Buy 1800 gems and transfer to SFR for guaranteed first-place WvW prizes and maximum XP, karma, and loot bags from EotM. It’s amazing the difference ‘training’ that doesn’t constantly get interrupted by a bigger zerg can earn.

No skill required! Pay to win ftw!

Oh… and before you whine about hate… I’m serious. I’d transfer in a heartbeat. Servers mean nothing anymore. Why wouldn’t one want to be on the side guaranteed to win.

The slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming the master.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

1000g is not much. I would probably spend it in a blink of an eye to complete collection achievements.
Still need about 40-50.000 gold to finish them all.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Buy a spark off of the TP.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’d get Tooth of Frostfang. It’s the last thing I need for my Frostfang!

I’d save the rest to get a start on Howler.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I would organize games with prizes or help my friends

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

BL wepon skills a full set to get the 7 BL tickets for the next set etc… as a means of saving gold from set to set and a way to get a full wepon skill set. At least till the 1k gold is gone but i think its more then 1k G to start the combo i am not comply sure on the numbers.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Dump it in my Eternity fund.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Invest them in stuff and later turn this stuff into profit.

Posted by: evildeadjunky.1576

evildeadjunky.1576

Finish my Frostfang

Posted by: Citri.9540

Citri.9540

i would buy pumpkin infinity

hi im citri u can find me twerking on Blackgate or on citriplays.tumblr.com

Posted by: Georgieee.4958

Georgieee.4958

Give about 500g away to randoms in chat. Give friend about 200g. buy random skins with the rest

Haha I do that sometimes; I tend to waste pockets of 70g in the MF so sometimes I transform into a quaggas and sit on a rock and send 15-20g to people who pass me and email them saying the Mighty Quagg Quagg bestows his blessing on you. 3/10 people send the gold back. Makes me sad

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I would play the TP and make 10,000G

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

Buy the scarlet rifle and see if I had enough left over to buy an inanimate object transformation potion lol.

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Buy the Hunter, so I can finish “The Predator”. All gifts are ready, just need precursor.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I’d fully expand my account to its maximum. 8-10 character slots, all bag slots for each character, full bank tabs + maxed out guild storage, full makeover for every character, and then I’ll get my materials for my legendary and ascended gear for my main and my other two female humans if anything is left.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I’d buy Tyria a little chunk of world peace, bro. World peace.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Southern.8973

Southern.8973

Just FWIW, using “Sell to the highest bidder” still charges you the 5% fee up front, so he’ll be unable to sell it until he comes up with the fee. It then takes the remaining 10% from the sale and makes it available for pickup from the TP Trader. 50g isn’t that much, I’m sure if they knows a few people in game they could find someone willing to loan them the fee for a few minutes.

So if the current highest bidder is at 1,000g, it would immediately take 50g from his wallet to sell the item, then he would pick up 900g from the TP Trader. (Total Fee: 150g).

That said, I’m a packrat. I probably wouldn’t buy anything – unless Gem prices come back down, then I’d probably convert half of it to Gems and hold onto the rest for a rainy day.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I got Zap from the forge a while back. I used the profits to help pay for making Eternity.

Now that that’s made, I’d definitely use it on an Ascended Armor set then save up the rest for future gemstore armor (not outfits) or items from expansion-quality content (Not Living Story).

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Haha I do that sometimes; I tend to waste pockets of 70g in the MF so sometimes I transform into a quaggas and sit on a rock and send 15-20g to people who pass me and email them saying the Mighty Quagg Quagg bestows his blessing on you. 3/10 people send the gold back. Makes me sad

I think My other account was one of those people. Sorry Hun. I don’t take money form random people. =) Appreciate the awesome gesture though!

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’d buy Leaf of Kudzu for a friend.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

The answer is quite obvious: People who have that kind of gold and spend it do so on a precurser as it’s more than enough for everything else.

lol

“more than enough for everything else”

not even CLOSE – believe me
xD

with 2 black lion skins alone the 1000g can be easily gone…

now i for example like many different styles for every character i play (8+)
i even have usually between 2-4 different armor sets on every character of mine (with different looks so i need new weapon and armorskins and not just use 1 skin for 2 sets)

and 2 blakc lion skins are like 30% for ONE characters look maybe..
for example warrior has a fiery zerker style —> if i buy only pyro greatsword and sword the 1000g are almost gone already
still need a fitting longbow then and Axe and Mace

then i have a condi set different style new weapons
etc etc.

the same thing for at least 5 characters tha ti actively play atm (and plan to equip the other 3 more when i have materials)

as you see 1000g can be gone VERY fast! ^^

ofc you can get some nice skins with much less and if you have only 1 character that you mainly play thats a complete different story but me and most people i know have between 3 to 6 characters that they regulary play and therefor equip

if you then hunt for achievement slike collections you can count in a lot more gold

im more with what Malediktus said … maybe not 40.000 but at least 15.000g that i could use and immediatly spend

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

Buy up all the cheaper ticket skins

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Its interesting to see what each person would do in game, is shows the way different people play the game, me personally id either put it towards mats to help a friend get infinite light, or id buy 1000g worth or exotics and forge them to try for pre’s ( im kinda addicted to do that )

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I once had over 2k gold. I’ve been lucky enough to get 3 precursors. I’ve given away over 800g, some to friends, some to strangers. I bought at least a dozen people kites, 3 people commander tags (before the price increase) and a fuzzy bear hat for a few people as well. I usually hover around 100 – 200g at this point.

But to answer your question: spoil people.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I’d make a full ascended armor set of all 3 armor types to get that Achievement about that done in no time.

If then stays some money over and its enough, I’d buy a missing exotic weapon from the exotic hunter achievement or maybre two in regard of how much money is left over after the 3 full ascended armor sets.

If the money shouldn’t be enough for all 3 armor types for full sets, then at least for 2.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: SlayForPie.9018

SlayForPie.9018

Will add it to the gold i already have and buy a dusk…thats all i want

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you’d asked a month ago I would have said most of it would go on buying The Lover.

But now I’ve got that it would go towards one or more of the other things I’m working on:

• Ascended coat for my ranger
  • Spinal Blades
  • Mawdrey
  • Triforge Amulet
  • Mini pet collection

Obviously I’m working on The Dreamer too, but I’m taking my time with that as I still need to finish map completion and I do that very slowly.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I personally would buy some skins. As a scrubby noob, I only have access to a few skins, and 99% of my equip drops are iron or soft wood

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Dump it in my Eternity fund.

Same! I’m about 1k away from buying it straight up, so I know what I’d do

Roughly 1,800g here (assuming a very conservative 1/2 way between buy order & sell).

I’m still bugging that friend of mine who left the game in 2013 to hurry up and give me that kitten greatsaw skin that’s rotting in his bank.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: exp.3178

exp.3178

I got Dusk from a champ. bag and i made it soulbound on my guardian. I like dusk more than the legendary you need it for. And when i need gold i farm for a week.
greetz exp

Posted by: Anirri.4156

Anirri.4156

Save it for when gem market drops down again below 11 gold then sell said gems around xmas for 13-15g for 100. Did it last year and walked away with a 5k gold prof

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

The funny thing is before I had money, I wanted it so much. Now that I have 2.7K, I don’t know what to do with it. :s

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I got Dusk from a champ. bag and i made it soulbound on my guardian. I like dusk more than the legendary you need it for. And when i need gold i farm for a week.
greetz exp

A better approach would have been to sell Dusk and buy or craft Naegling which has the same skin but costs about 60g, then use the rest of the money for other things.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Add it to the 100g i usually run around with upgrading home borderland. It will be gone ina few months anyway that way.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I’d save it.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Lebensbaum.9216

Lebensbaum.9216

I’d flip stuff on the TP and have another 1000 g 2 weeks later.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Gems and weapon skins. Probably give one or two of my characters a makeover.

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

I currently have just over 700g . I have the armor and weapons I want thus far, so what I do with it is let it sit in my bank collecting dust.

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I’d use it to make the infusions I need for high level fractals, and maybe to make another ascended armor set.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The funny thing is before I had money, I wanted it so much. Now that I have 2.7K, I don’t know what to do with it. :s

You have 2,7k gold and you don’t know what to do with it ? I’d love to be in your situation xD

Hmm, how about you help with it people, that could need a little money injection sometimes here n there??
Nothing big, like between a range of 5-50g
That kind of range can do some tremendous help very often for alot of people already and youself can naturally decide, how generous you want to be.

With like 40-50g you could help me at the moment for a simple example with getting my Exotic Hunter Achievement done so that I could buy me a missing exotic weapon from that list from the TP for which I would otherwise have to grind douzens of times the dungeons for that money xD

Somebody else might use such an amount of money perhaps to buy his/her absolute dream dye, or use it to buy all the needed materials to level up a Crafting Job to 500 ect. pp.
I can’t believe, that You have no goals anymore or no use anymore for gold ^^

There are so many ways how you could help out people, when you self have more than enough of money and no goals anymore for what to use it, if you mean that serious, other than maybe turning it into Gems.

I wish I’d ever have so much money like you lol (not wanting to sound like begging or so, but I’d naturally appreciate help in my goals when you self have no usage for gold anymore, other than Gems perhaps.

Life is unfair xD lol ^^

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I recently looted Xanthium of Dreams, sold it and a few other things to obtain 1000 gold. I spent some of it leveling my last two crafts to 500, made a few ascended weapons, outfitted some alts, finished the ascended skins collection, bought a recipe so that I could craft and sell something for long term profit, used some of it to buy gems for things, bought a birthday present for a friend, started doing crazy stuff like crafting rare weapons to throw into the forge, and most recently placed a buy offer for the Lover which I may or may not remove (I like seeing hundreds of gold when I look at my wallet).

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Sell the gold for real money, buy Assassin’s Creed Unity and quit this stupid game that keeps everything secret, makes no promises and isn’t going anywhere.
J,K

Buy all the high profile dyes I got missing it’s the only collection that mean anything
to me and keep the rest for future legendary.

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

Posted by: Baktwerel.9108

Baktwerel.9108

I would probably buy some cultural armors and spoil my 9 characters with the best armors and weapons available. Of course I would also share the gold with my fiance, maybe secretly buy all his characters the best armors or even convert some gold to gems and if there’s enough left, buy him nice stuff from the gem shop like new character slots. I’d probably also buy rare dyes and minis for friends.