What would you like to see in expansions?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

Pretty much what everyone else said. Also, how about a couple/wedding system? Also more character creation stuff, I don’t like any but human female and that’s only like 3 hairstyles…More in-depth creation too. Like Aion. Moooore weapons, def more skills too.

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Rise

More in-depth creation too. Like Aion.

They avoided a system like Aion’s for a reason. ANet didn’t want a bunch of hideously deformed… creatures… running around GW2 the likes of which plagued that game.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

@Keiran,

Thanks for the reminder! I completely forgot about that point. Although I have a feeling some Kournans / Elonians are hiding out some where (definitely not Vabbians lol), I could totally see there being an entirely new human race not associated with GW1.

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Bigger than 5 man instances.

More professions, dancing derwishes come to mind

Totally different types of pvp matches added, like the traditional carry flag etc. Not as a replacement, just added for diversity.

A few more races too indeed.

And more character slots in fact

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

Elona! Dervish. I fell in love with the Dervish in nightfall…I want to see them again in GW2!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I would like to see a revision of the underwater combat, with chosen skills/traits and more weapon choices that are profession specific.
In this scenario it opens a lot more of the world.

I pretty much don’t care if I stay 80 forever
I would love to see new zones, crafting materials and new crafts to go with it.
Someone up-thread mentioned carpentry to decorate your home instance?
I am tickled pink by all the places on the map you currently cannot go- Dominion of Winds, the place in Spark Fly Fens, The floating city in Gendarren Fields.. .
I would like to know what is there!
Other than that- anything goes

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: haya.3506

haya.3506

ranked in order of importance to me:

-1 Please add more hairstyles, hair colors, faces, face customization, and townclothes recipes only purchasable through gem store or something. I will paypal for gems to show support instead of getting gems through currency exchange.
It’s the #1 most important thing to me, more important than readdition of secondary professions.

-2 readdition of secondary professions like they have in gw 1

-3 please fix lifetime survivor achievement, or at least respond to acknowledge that you know it’s broken. Or if not broken give hints on how to achieve this achievement.

-4 more mystic forge recipes

-5 It would also be nice if all armor classes can transmute looks only into each other but I understand why you wouldn’t want to let that happen.

Posted by: Zale.9645

Zale.9645

New Race – Kodan

New Zone – Far Shiverpeaks, Blood Legion Homelands

Boss – Jormag

New Level Cap – 90

Name – Fog of Kodanria

I will never play WvW until Map Completion there is removed.

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

Rise

More in-depth creation too. Like Aion.

They avoided a system like Aion’s for a reason. ANet didn’t want a bunch of hideously deformed… creatures… running around GW2 the likes of which plagued that game.

> Looks at Asura

Well okay then. xD

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Posted by: Serin.3917

Serin.3917

Better Dragon Fights for Final Bosses and World Events (mechanics wise and scale better). More Dungeon Boss Mechanics instead of HP/toughness sinks. Possibly more weapon skins.

Posted by: Lancaeron.1524

Lancaeron.1524

- What kind of continents/areas would you like to explore in expansions?
I would like to travel to Elona, and it makes more sense, lorewise, to explore Elona before exploring Cantha, since Elona is part of the Tyrian supercontinent, and we have [limited] contact with survivors. Both the Tyria and Elona share the Crystal Desert, as regions. I loved the African themes in Nightfall; Istanis & Vabbians were much like your average Eygptians, and Kournans were those desert/savannah-dwellers.

- Would you like to play new races in expansions? (if yes: which ones?)
Yes, I would like to see new races. Perhaps only one new race, for the first major expansion. Right now, I would love to see the Elonian Centaurs be made as a playable race. If you think back to Guild Wars: Nightfall, the Elonian Centaurs supported the Human Sunspears. Elonian Centaurs would never get along well, with the Tyrian Centaurs, because Elonian Centaurs aided Humans in the past. The only MMO, with a history of having Centaurs as a playable race, was Shadowbane – which is long since dead. I think it’s time to resurrect the Centaur, as a playable race in MMO’s – GW2 can be that MMO.

- What could be the final bosses of expansions?
I was personally thinking about toppling down Palawa Joko and his undead minions, within the Desolation in Elona. The heart of the scourge would still be located in the Desolation, with remnant forces in Istan, Kourna, and Vabbi.

- Should they add more levels? (ex: maximum 100)
No! Level 80 is perfectly fine. However, I would like to see stuff like new weapon skins, new weapons themselves along with associated skills. The new weapons I would like to see, are the Spear (not the underwater Spear), and the Scythe. I do not want to see new professions, but I would like to see sub-classes implemented into existing classes, having benefitted from new weapon combinations, while still using the existing in-game mechanics, such as using the existing trait-system. Of course, there would need to be new animations for the new weapons. For example, the Dervish could be introduced, as a sub-class, within the Elementalist profession, because many of the Dervish skills in Nightfall, had elemental damage and conditions associated with them; the Dervish, was the only MELEE profession, which wore LIGHT armor. Mythicism skills had Holy damage as its basis. Holy damage itself could easily be transcribed into the Fire Attunement, with BLUE firey effects, rather than ORANGE. Earth Prayers would obviously be migrated into the Earth Attunement; Wind Prayers to be divided up between Air and Water Attunements, and your most basic of Scythe attack skills, (those that don’t cause conditions, or heal you), could be in the Arcana trait. This shouldn’t take much more time to implement, than it would to create a brand new profession.

- What kind of dungeons would you like to explore in expansions? (ex: UW)
Depends on the type of dungeon. I would like to discover the roots of any living Elonian, still living in Elona, so this type of dungeon could be a Discovery dungeon. This means that you look at artifacts and read texts from the past generations, and yes, you’ll have to face enemies here and there – what is a dungeon without a hostile creature? I would like to see a dungeon in every region in Elona. For example, one of the dungeons, possibly located in Kourna, could have to do with the descendants of the Kournans, from Guild Wars: Nightfall. We know for a fact that Ossa name died with Varesh Ossa, so we would never see that name in Guild Wars 2; however, we do learn that Koss (a hero from the Nightfall campaign), is from the Dejarin line, and that he has a father and a sister. We also learn that he falls in love with Melonni, (also a hero from Nightfall), both of whom were born in Kourna. Koss hints to us, in a late-game conversation with Princess Tahlkora, about creating a family with Melonni. So, it’s safe to assume that Koss and Melonni had kids, and that their kids had children of their own, as well. So, it’s possible we could see the Dejarin surname in Guild Wars 2, or some variation of it.

The title of this expansion could be “Rise of the Centaurs”, “Elona: Land of the Golden Sun”, or “Elona’s Timely Rebirth”.

(edited by Lancaeron.1524)

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

GvG
Better skill customization
Better pve
More pvp objective modes (AB/FA/JQ)
Capes
Less lazy design on bosses, remove 1 shots and add smarter AI that dodges attacks, casts retaliation buffs, things that will actually require teamwork to overcome instead of the LOLIMDIFFICULT crap we see now.
Better rewards in both pvp & pve, make pvp skins unlockable how they were in GW1. The current luck system is horrid, I hate the forge.
More endgame
Daily events
Pvp balance, no more glass cannon builds they are terrible and so are the people who use them. Force people to use balanced builds or literally make them die in 1 hit if they want to run glass cannon, seems like a fair trade off seeing as how you can global someone in 3 seconds currently. Or, idk, make toughness twice as strong on lower armor classes.
Bring back assassin combo system, the current faceroll initiative system on thief is boring as hell. I spammed an attack. I spammed an attack again. (Looking at you, Colin)
Part of the reason why thieves are so bursty right now.

I could go on forever

Bucklers for thieves, more variety is good.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

(edited by Rukia.4802)

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

What I want in expansions.

• Cooperative Story chapters (would work just like personal story, but these would designed around team play… Think a lot more instances similar in style to Caudecus’s Manor story mode. That’s what I’m envisioning here)
  • Tengu playable with ability to fly (even if it is in restricted zones, AION does restricted flight quite well pre-Abyss). Yes, I know the race lost it’s ability to fly, that doesn’t mean they can’t write it back in.
  • Time travel. Do more with GW1 locations, take us into the future, etc…
  • Give us Guild halls back and give guild leaders the tools to script their own scenarios that play out in guild halls (great idea for an add-on I think)
  • Exotic and Legendary skills
  • We need more defined short term win scenarios for WvW. I’m thinking meta events that cycle every three hours in the fashion of Claw of Jormag where PvE meets PvP, shakes things up a bit has reasonable payout and gives players a short term goal to work towards while in WvW. I’m not suggesting this be anything like Claw of Jormag I think it should be something designed that has a large scale PvP element but a cycling event no less that gives the server that wins the battle something special.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I don’t know much about GW1 or the lore apart from the story quests and stuff I read (such as [spoiler=dwarves] being extinct [/spoiler]) from time to time. I will say this, and these suggestions typically aren’t popular, but hear me out…

Aliens. That’s right, I said it, aliens. I know people can’t suspend their disbelief over how OP the aliens would be compared to a Renaissance equivalent technological level planet, and the Asura are alien enough with their tech and physical features, but there’s just something satisfying about fighting futuristic alien tech bot 9000 with a sword and winning. The game is cool enough without them, but maybe instead of them being a deal you could find a hidden quest or secret dungeon having to do with a small out of the way alien settlement on Tyria where you have to help them.

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

I don’t know much about GW1 or the lore apart from the story quests and stuff I read (such as [spoiler=dwarves] being extinct [/spoiler]) from time to time. I will say this, and these suggestions typically aren’t popular, but hear me out…

Aliens. That’s right, I said it, aliens. I know people can’t suspend their disbelief over how OP the aliens would be compared to a Renaissance equivalent technological level planet, and the Asura are alien enough with their tech and physical features, but there’s just something satisfying about fighting futuristic alien tech bot 9000 with a sword and winning. The game is cool enough without them, but maybe instead of them being a deal you could find a hidden quest or secret dungeon having to do with a small out of the way alien settlement on Tyria where you have to help them.

The Mursaat and the Seers are the aliens of Tyria. No one knows anything about them, or how they came to be, or how they even arrived on Tyria. The Isles of Janthir are known the be the homeland of the Mursaat but no one has ever visited it and come back alive due to the Mursaat’s Spectral Agony, a powerful aura that destroys anything around them. The lore to Guild Wars is literally crazy deep, I hope they utilize it to their advantage.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

1.More water zones.Even a whole water land.
2.More jumping puzzles.
3.Improving the down scaling system
4.Improving UI.You should be able to move targets window when you click on it,where ever you want on your screen.
5.An option to turn on and off bars above character’s/NPS,s heads (like it’s in dota)
6.Moving spells on tabs but still they are bound to weapons.For instance you put offhand axe and you get 2 skills.Youu can switch only their places.(4 to 5 never 5 to 2 or something like that)
7.More dungeons
8.To be able to see world map from an instance
9.Tabard implemented and an option to hide it.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Cows goes moo.5960

Cows goes moo.5960

All I ask is able to travel to Cantha. Best. Expansion. Eva.

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

Playable tengu, anything else is just fluff for me.

Playable Tengu please!

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Adding levels and more content isn’t going to change much, although having more armor skins to choose from (that don’t cost millions of gold anyway) would go a long way.

I mainly want them to release enough skills and traits (and fix what they have) to make the game more like GW1’s combat system. I honestly don’t have any desire to buy any expansions if the game is honestly going to be designed like this, for good.

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

New Utility skills and Elite skills, New traits, and New Weapons and weapon skills!! Possibly alternate class mechanic choices.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

3 THINGS: one when rift first came out, they said the same thing about its endgame and look now they have an expansion and a compelling looking game.
two : free content alot of the zones not added in tyria at release
Three: Expansion wise in this order Jormag/kaL, Cantha and Elona!!!!!!