What would you like to see in next expansion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

1: Playable Tengu.
Most requested race, make it so!

2: Home Instance Decoration.
Why this was not already implemented with Guild Halls boggles the mind.

3: Less Elite Content.
We have raids and the Magumma, lets think of the casual players this time.

4: More Central Tyria/Expansion Crossover Content.
Only being allowed to use glider in Magumma, ruins owning the expansion.

5: Mini Games.
To pass the time.

6: Hobbies.
Fishing, etc.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Mirtis.6847

Mirtis.6847

Nothing…well…except for Kralkatorrik.
But then there are still quite a few things i’d like to see in this expansion tho…

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Skritt as playable race.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

One thing NON INSTANCE HOUSING……… please and thank you

….so you wouldn’t be upset if someone enters your house without permission?

Permissions will cover that. The real reason to be upset is that you can’t get a house at all because the first 1,000 players to log in at just the right moment ran and grabbed all the real estate. There isn’t room in the world for every single player to have a personal spot in it.

I hope not to wait all the way to the next expansion for personal housing, but I would rather wait and have a fun, flexible, accessible system than something that causes blood feuds in the player base or costs too much for anyone to make it look nice without a 500 man guild helping them.

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

Guys, reconsider this player-housing thing. Wow players asked for it for long and it came in WoD expansion as the abomination called Garrisons. People hate it and it strip the MMO idea from game making a lot rage quit. If you wish it so much let’s hope Anet will take a close look to how it killed wow and won’t reproduce same tragic ideas Blizzard had (Please no dumb time-consuming Facebook games in it).

I will agree wow did housing wrong big time. What I want to see is open world housing like Dark Age of Camelot, Vanguard, and Archage did it. I don’t want to see housing like Wow and EQ2 did it.

(edited by Methods.4023)

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

housing is not the same as garrisons.
But speaking of WoW ideas, wha’t I’d like that WoW is doing too, is class halls. it would be nice and would bring more lore to each class and would also serve for RP purposes.

(edited by coso.9173)

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

E * L * O * N * A

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Shampanix.3928

Shampanix.3928

housing is not the same as garrisons.
But speaking of WoW ideas, wha’t I’d like that WoW is doing too, is class halls. it would be nice and would bring more lore to each class and would also serve for RP purposes.

Yeah, truth sorry, perhaps I’m overreacting to this but garrisons still haunt me in my nightmares xD

On a serious note again:
What you said about class halls has a very good point. I would even say there’s a bigger idea to that – a city, place for all players to meet, and to have a reason to be there. So we could feel the community more. Not just scattered across maps, other cities, etc, but to have a place to come together. The place of stuff to do as well so players would be encouraged to go to and spend time there. What ya think?

And ofc they could make LA important in each expansion to be such place.

(edited by Shampanix.3928)

coso.9173

I loved that in Ragnarok Online, each class had a different whole city! that was amazing. Much harder to pull in a game like Gw2, but still giving each class more of a sense of community, a place to gather is a nice idea.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Solo Q for PvP.

Open World Dueling.

Separation of WvW and PvE.

Elites to be account bound.

Team Death Match Mode for PvP.

Free For All Deathmatch mode for PvP.

Capture The Flag for PvP.

Increased Badge drop rate for WvW.

Customization on amulets for PvP or have 3 amulets in place for Armor, Weapons and Trinkets.

Solo Q.

Solo Q.

Solo Q.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I would like to see a return to core design with a lot of new maps across multiple climate types. What do I mean by “core design”? Going back to the theme of how maps were designed when GW2 launched and through S1. There should be hearts to complete, but repeatable. Map exploration under the core design was so much better than with Southsun, Silverwastes, Dry Top, and from what I hear, it’s better than in HoT maps.

Tengu as playable with new zones to level that race or any of the existing races in. GW2 needs high level areas for end game. There’s no argument from me there, but the design of HoT only lent itself to group end game which is detrimental to the game in the long run. What do I mean by that? When populations dwindle in HoT in a year or two, it will be hard to do everything there that the expansion at launch offered people to do. You can’t hang your design hat on that kind of design in the long run because people will move on leaving some content in those zones as unplayable and that’s a shame. Core maps are playable forever because so much of the content isn’t reliant upon having a large number of people to do stuff there and still have fun.

I don’t want to see anymore temporary content. So much of the first two years of this game introduced content that isn’t playable anymore and it’s a huge shame. Make new content like the Marionette or Aetherblade Attacks or Battle for LA, but leave it in as permanent content to be played over and over.

• New Fractals
  • New dungeons and a dungeon overhaul to make the old dungeons playable again with fresh rewards to compliment the existing ones.
  • Myriad number of new weapon and armor sets that are earnable by playing the game. If we are paying you for an expansion we want some of that money to go towards rewards in the form of new armors and weapons that we can then earn in game. I for one am not going to buy an expansion that gives me next to nothing on that front and then brashly offers day 1 outfits in the gem shop.
  • Honest communication. This one is #1 on my list. Actions need to match words. Don’t tell me new legendaries are coming and then reduce that to a handful of legendaries in a blog post that then gets reduced to 3 that come out after launch. No more waiting til two weeks before an x-pac is released to tell me you are nerfing dungeons after you have my money in your coffers. Don’t release a broken legendary system and then take months to fix it. Honestly communicating with your customers is paramount to a good experience for all parties involved.
  • Way less gold sinks in the next x-pac that have to do with guilds. Let our social time be a time of team building, camaraderie, and fellowship. Guild Halls are these gorgeous spaces that were marred by overzealous people trying to empty our in game wallets and it sucked all the fun out of it for me and my guild.
Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

• One additional Elite Specialization for each Class that adds this time also new Weapon Types like Whips, Polearms, Greataxes, Crossbows, Claws and Throwing Weapons like Chakrams

You forgot a Guild Wars 1, 2 handed weapon that must be added.

Scythe.

So that the all new DPS Spec Ranger can be made. And its name – You all know it. Dervish!

Forget that, they won’t return.. they exist also basically already as SKINS for Staffs…
If you want them back so badly, then just hope for it, that ANet implements Polearms, because Scythes practically could count also as Polearms or as Greataxe mechanically for melee based attacks

if you want a dervish just only, just make yourself a Daredevil with a staff and pack on that staff a scythe skin and spam skill 2, there you have your whirling Dervish rolleyes

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

a plethora of new armour/ weapon skins, tons of new styles.
(almost/as many as vanilla release),
many being simply open world trash drops/vendor bought/story rewards

it’s an expansion we want more than 3 dam sets this time around.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

New jumping puzzles, but with nothing important gated behind them so nobody has to do them. Just pure optional jumping fun for us jump enthusiasts.

coso.9173

aren’t most JPs just opional anyway?

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT

I also agree we need new blood for game continuance. Seems like the current devs are always stuck on the salads. I mean… we’ve gone 3 years with the Sylvari. Cannach with Southsun Cove, then all of the Scarlet Briar stuff. Lots of Scarlet Briar. I do have to admit she was my fav villian… “Later Tater”. She even kept the Claw of Jormag from landing until her events over in Frostgorge Sound were complete. Even now, there’s going to have to be a final battle between the Pale Tree and leftover Mordremoth minions and sympaths. Maybe an uprising.

But getting back to the topic, I think need new blood is also needed for the gem store – seems the current employees don’t want to give the people what they’ve been requesting most:

• Bunny Ears
  • Festive golem

(edited by Emiko.3217)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

aren’t most JPs just opional anyway?

There have been complaints about things like mastery points being gated behind jumping-related activities and there’s always the gripe about having to do NSS to complete the dive achievement.

I’m just asking for some jps where the only thing you get at the end is the achievement of finishing the jp. Nothing else should be gated behind them so nobody who dislikes jps would have to do them. Win/win for all.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

hallucinatory potions that are really far out, man.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Im actually more interested in the direction they take the game updates prior to the expansion. HOT introduced a lot of seemingly flexible systems that should make it easier for them to add content such as living story chapters, new fractals, new guild missions, new open world maps, new elite specializations, new adventures (minigames), new pvp maps, new legendary rewards, new masteries, etc.

While I loved the expansion, it was the potential of these new systems that really sold it for me more than the content we actually received. They need to live up to that potential before coming out with a new expansion.

What I would like to see with expansions is pretty straightforward – give us an expansion when a major shift in the story maeks sense, eg, one that involves a new zone (4-6 maps in a place like the Crystal Desert or to the north), new elder dragon (or other antagonist), etc.

Addendum – one thing I would like to see is significantly greater control regarding which overflow map you and friends end up on. The current system is extremely clunky, resulting in fragmented (or underpopulated) maps and, much worse, guild members/friends forced to play on different map versions. Its time to scrap the automatic placement and put control over map placement into the players’ hands. This would probably have to be part of an expansion because I suspect it would require a HUGE overhaul of the system.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Id just like to see something in the game that isnt based on
Kill something – get reward – rise , repeat.
For example a player class that progresses thru the game without any need to kill things to get there, eg a trading class that can set up shops and sell things, or a story line that involves making things from hard to get items that are only sold from hard to reach vendors.
One feature that existed in WOW and was I found extremely useful was vendors who sold limited supply items , which were very useful, and wandered around the world , so they couldnt be camped.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

• A mix of map styles. Some more similar to those from the core game, some with some of the verticality we see in HoT.
  • Less PBAoE on mobs. A bit too much melee hate in HoT for my tastes.
  • In fact, mob mechanics closer to what we saw in central, but with difficulty tuned as it was in BWE1.
  • Say no to timers. If they want map meta events, return to a SW model.
  • More Easter eggs.
  • Build up an array of reward skins to pursue and have them hit with the XPac.
  • Less stringing the release out over months. None would be better, but less would suffice.
  • Love for WvW. Solve the population imbalances if that’s even possible.
  • The usual: new profession, new elite specs.

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

• One additional Elite Specialization for each Class that adds this time also new Weapon Types like Whips, Polearms, Greataxes, Crossbows, Claws and Throwing Weapons like Chakrams

You forgot a Guild Wars 1, 2 handed weapon that must be added.

Scythe.

So that the all new DPS Spec Ranger can be made. And its name – You all know it. Dervish!

Forget that, they won’t return.. they exist also basically already as SKINS for Staffs…
If you want them back so badly, then just hope for it, that ANet implements Polearms, because Scythes practically could count also as Polearms or as Greataxe mechanically for melee based attacks

if you want a dervish just only, just make yourself a Daredevil with a staff and pack on that staff a scythe skin and spam skill 2, there you have your whirling Dervish rolleyes

Thief and by extension DareDevil aren’t really like what a Dervish could be. If you have ever had a chance to play Dervish for any length of time in GW’s 1 you know this isn’t the case. And for the idea of taking the pet away to turn it into a proper melee class would be so nice.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Revenant specialization based on burning condition to be used with Mallyx.
Guardian specialization with a passive +25% movement speed or an active aura for +33%.

Template in conjunction with a separate inventory for armor/weapon set.
Now the need for multiple armor/weapon set have become really problematic.

Jewelry 500 to be able to carft viper/zealot/etc trinket as ANet doesn’t seems to want us being able to buy them like all the old ascended trinket.

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

actual content. Something more in line with the GW1 expansions, instead of what we got. An actual new map, either Cantha or Elona, several new armors, several new weapons in the expansion and not the gem store, a solid story too.

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

New blood on the writing staff. Perhaps an entirely new team.

Less vertical map design.

A rework of the Ranger core mechanic that involves the option to trade the pet for a DPS buff of some sort. This could be implemented via a new elite spec.

Fewer unethical business decisions (such as removing a core game feature and adding it back, in modified form, gated behind the expansion purchase)

VASTLY MORE NEW WEAPON SKINS.

My hunter in WoW is so much fun since I can take the trait to relieve my pet and get a 30% dmg boost or so. The reason I hated pets so much was they get in your way during loot and when talking to NPCS lol GW2 don’t really have that problem but still would be a great addition just for the option.

Posted by: Youd.1375

Youd.1375

- Cantha

/thread

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

New blood on the writing staff. Perhaps an entirely new team.

Less vertical map design.

A rework of the Ranger core mechanic that involves the option to trade the pet for a DPS buff of some sort. This could be implemented via a new elite spec.

Fewer unethical business decisions (such as removing a core game feature and adding it back, in modified form, gated behind the expansion purchase)

VASTLY MORE NEW WEAPON SKINS.

Add playable Tengu/Skritt/Kodan and that sounds about right. Gah, so many of their design decisions drive me mad.

Oh, and a big balance patch before holding stupid PvP tourneys that drag on for months.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

I would like to see GW2 get rid of locking mastery and legendary progression behind Adventures. One should be able to complete this stuff from PVE and Fractals. Adventures are a miserable experience and not are not part of the MMO meme.

There should be a way to use fractal currencies in lieu of Dungeon tokens. It is getting pretty difficult to get dungeon groups together, and many Legendaries require dungeon tokens.

Posted by: Reklan.8351

Reklan.8351

Cantha and Elonia…

Nightfall was my favorite… Would love go back there with GW2

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

• Tengu as playable race!
  • City and starting area for the Tengu.
  • New racial features like new horns and fur patterns for Char and the equivalence for other races.
  • Far more new armour skins, and not coats only for medium sets.
  • A way to get legandary armour in the open World – like the Legendary journey for weapons or similar.
  • A few new maps. Not timegated though as DS.
  • New masteries.
  • More pets for ranger.
  • ALL crafting mats being able to store in u’r bank!
Kima & Co

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

1)Back 4 fractals, because fractals are boring
2)Back reward for dungeons, because nobody want to do dungeons
3)More clear story, without understatements
4)Raids for all classes and builds
5) And…. I want a pony!!!

Fluttershy could be the best!

I want a pony, I want a pony, I want a pony, yay !

Attachments:

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Arden.7480

“More pets for ranger.”

And new mini (Fluttershy of course)
And if we see Twilight we must see more ponies!!! Druid have Queen Celestia… where is Fluttershy!?

(edited by Arden.7480)

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

8 man GVG with ladder

Game fixes

good WvW design and gameplay more teamwork less gimmicks being classes or map mechanics.

And also not use new content in expection that bugs get forgotton wile players adress new bugs.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: David.5693

David.5693

Dwarves! Or Dwarfs…whichever!

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

There is only one thing I want in this game since the game was released and Anet is stubborn on not doing it: GvG. Guild vs Guild.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I want big, open maps that are fun to explore…. you know, an actual expansion.

Leave the event/puzzle/maze maps for end-game grinding (like Silverwastes, & Dry-Top).

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I feel like the first one is barely finished so it’d be nice if the next one is actually priced appropriately to it’s amount of content instead of pretending it’s worth the the price of an entirely new full game, cuz it wasn’t and I’m still hoping the rest will show itself. Hearing that there’s another one on the way makes it feel like I may not get the rest of the current one I already paid for. The things I really want would need addressed in patches and hotfixes than another xpan.

I want Theif to be useful, and all the UP weapons to actually be viable in pvp+pve and the pvp mess overall cleaned up. I’m still waiting for the new LS which can go ahead and bring us the rest of the 50 dollar zone pack, armor within the game that fits my character properly and is actually new instead of the same old coat/buttcape design over and over and the rest of the Legendary weapons ofc. I’m also still disappointed there’s no dungeons. Raids aren’t a particular interest of mine. Too much time wasted organizing and doing them and too many people required to cooperate perfectly. I also hope nothing like the treasure mushroom happens again cuz that daily makes me want to shoot myself with my kitten pistols.

Things that would be nice to see would be this xpan to continue to build on gliding/flight and another xpan with it’s own unique additions to revive the underwater aspect of the game. Boats, fishing, water themed equipment, redesigned underwater combat, new Quaggan species and the water dragon.
Regardless of the direction I still want Thief with Land Spears or Black Flame Torch with Shadow Form.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

I just want to see Crystal Desert and Woodlands Cascade, that’s all.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

If the villain is Bubbles, I’d like to see a complete rework of the underwater combat system and an incentive to get good underwater gear (I never got around to upgrading my waterbreather).

Crystal desert is probably the most popular, so Kralkatorrik.

Or you could surprise us all and have something that’s not an elder dragon. Perhaps the river of souls is just foreshadowing of content that isn’t dragon-based?

One thing I don’t want is too many new maps. It’s hard enough to get population in a map without dividing the player base even more by adding a ton of new maps, even though that’s what a lot of people are asking for. I wonder if there’s a good solution to the problem of satisfying people who want many new maps to explore with the problem of maps becoming abandoned. I personally don’t see it, but I can hope that someone else can come up with a way.

Edit: Maybe by tweaking and improving the megaserver? That needs to happen before adding new maps.

Posted by: Opal.9324

Opal.9324

I would love to see playable Tengu.

Arden.7480

Better are playable Quaggans

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Hey how about Guild Wars? Novel idea!
Armor that isn’t a coat.
Removal of all Outfits (lazy Kmart design feature)
Lose all soul bound items.
Remove most account bound items.
If an item is account bound have all items of that type account bound.
Better loot – lose the legendary model.
Quit thinking like accounts and start thinking like designers – game designers.

Posted by: David.5693

David.5693

One thing I would seriously like is for drops to actually mean something. You know that you aren’t hardly EVER going to get something useful from, say a world boss or dungeon. There is exactly zero sense of excitement when I open a chest. I know it will be just crap. How about a 1 chance to find a AMAZING MONEY BAG that has 25 gold in it! That would be awesome. 1 may be to high, but you know what I mean.

Bring the sense of anticipation back to opening a chest. Maybe you could get like omni infusions or just SOMETHING that would advance your character and be immediately useful.

IDK there are probably reasons that won’t work.

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

This little guy over here.

Attachments:

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

One thing I would seriously like is for drops to actually mean something. You know that you aren’t hardly EVER going to get something useful from, say a world boss or dungeon. There is exactly zero sense of excitement when I open a chest. I know it will be just crap. How about a 1 chance to find a AMAZING MONEY BAG that has 25 gold in it! That would be awesome. 1 may be to high, but you know what I mean.

Bring the sense of anticipation back to opening a chest. Maybe you could get like omni infusions or just SOMETHING that would advance your character and be immediately useful.

IDK there are probably reasons that won’t work.

That’s why the Treasure Mushrooms make me want to throw cats into a wood chipper. 3-4 kills every day for months and still no drop~ not even towards other people. Such an exciting new crappy item. I’m sure they’re overjoyed to create more stupidly impossible drop chance items that are time gated on top of it in future or more turbogrindfarm items like the event shoulders. Still never get ascended armor boxes either, which cost over 1k gold now to craft. Games getting too grindy.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

- WAYYYYYYY more armor skins, cause HoT was pitiful

- Equal love across the elite specs (means reaper or chrono level for everybody)

- Equal utility and “freshness” across the elite specs

- New elite specs obviosly

- 100% seperation of balance between the 3 game types

- a story thats not so obviosly cut down in many places

- more fractals

- less focus on the gemstore right after the expansion

- less nerfing of activities in game to promote something else (dungeon nerf)

- a fix that you dont always run into an empty expansion map or having them all on
the very same rotation, do it SW style

- more emotes\animations\hairdos\racial features

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Emphasis on WvW & Airship battles.
Dueling everywhere except major city/hubs
More playable races, and race change
Wardrobe open for all professions (heavy/med/light for all professions)
A slider for other player particle effects

For the theme of the expansion: Sky zones above the Unending Ocean/Cantha?
Glider & Airship friendly
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Tyria_world_fan_map.jpg

Player/guild/party/squad driven and manned Airship battles for PvP (WvW) and PvE zones. A mix of Archeage, Zhaitan fight, Heart of Thorns intro sequence, and GW2 gliders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCGF6iAr5vo
Not my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYbFo7UNj58

Dragon & major races/players/lore: Deep Sea Dragon, Quaggan, Krait, Largos, Tengu, Margonite.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)