What you guys think. Underwater expansion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: blambidy.3216

blambidy.3216

After POF. We have a full underwater city. A new mount to ride with underwater? An underwater God villain?

blambidy.3216

Underwater new elite specs for each time your underwater?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Please no. I hope they drain the ocean, like they did Lake Doric, if we have to face the underwater dragon.

Or the Charr can invent a hugemongus fishing pole, and reel it onto the shore, where we pound it into submission with an Asuran “Bam Bam Fish Killer.”

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

I don’t think they’ll spend the time to balance the underwater spells. It’s too easy just to avoid it

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I wonder if the elite spec revenants will get in that expansion will be useful underwater or not

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Underwater extra content is a thing, but an expansion meant to be played underwater would be annoying.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Plus, all those buttflaps would entangle everyone’s legs, immobilizing and drowning them.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It would have to be a “fake” underwater. Where your simply at the bottom of a sea with no water physicals.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: MooTownSnacker.3659

MooTownSnacker.3659

Ugh, I have no depth perception underwater. The combat would be soooo frustrating. However, an underwater city, mounts, and maybe one big bad boss as part of expansion could be really cool. I’d also like a sailboat please, tyvm.

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

There was a thread a week or so ago about underwater stuff, and I think I said there that underwater mounts could be an option to freshen the underwater scene up a little bit. (Or underwater masteries, underwater leylines/jet stream currents etc would be cool).

But as I mentioned in the other thread, I think a whole underwater expansion would be too risky for Anet to do. I think even if they spent a massive amount of time overhauling underwater combat and designing new underwater elite specs etc, there would just be too many players who would automatically avoid the expansion because they just don’t enjoy underwater areas.

Even if they redesigned the things people don’t like about underwater combat, I think they would already be on the back foot and face a very uphill battle to try and win those players over.

Personally I do like the underwater areas for exploration, and I hope that we do get at least one LS map that is a mostly underwater map (having a massive sunken city would be very cool).

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

I’d also like a sailboat please, tyvm.

I didn’t realise how much I wanted a sailboat or ship till just now XD

If I could have a big ship / sailboat or airship as a home instance I would pay many gems!

blambidy.3216

It would be frustrating. But I thought that it would be cool. Or add a type of suit so instead of the Spears you can actually do physical combat.

Posted by: DelphiFaela.6823

DelphiFaela.6823

I 1000% support the idea of a totally (or mostly) underwater map or two. Maybe not a whole expac but underwater maps would be cool sauce (and make sense when leading up to fighting Bubbles.. or Steve or whatever the heck his name is (ps if it’s not Steve I will be sad ))

For the Toast!

blambidy.3216

Hmm if people wouldn’t want an expansion then prob make it in living world season you know, after they finish the pof living world season after the expansion. And just add couple maps. It would be awesome though and add something into it as a good story. Some type of atlantic city. Equivalent to lions arch but instead its underwater. And this was the first lions arch before the lions arch on land existed. And then Maybe like a lost water race. And add a type of new race. So then we get new maps. A new place for another safe haven. And then take down ancient water creatures.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I think (and hope) that they’ve abandoned underwater stuff for good. An underwater expansion would probably be the workload of three regular ones (due to the necessary rework of all underwater gameplay systems), so it’s simply not economical.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want it right meow. Unending wetness with underwater combat redesigned and armor that actually makes sense under water. You have any idea how heavy a wet trenchcoat is as well as full body armor?

and Sailing better than Archeage’s.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

blambidy.3216

I think (and hope) that they’ve abandoned underwater stuff for good. An underwater expansion would probably be the workload of three regular ones (due to the necessary rework of all underwater gameplay systems), so it’s simply not economical.

So you don’t like playing underwater huh?????
I use to not like to, but after a while I really like it, and it’s a challenge. As far as how much work the devs need to put in, we don’t know. I mean as soon as living world season 3 was done, An announcement of the expansion came. And a month later already much more content. So how much work these guys have to do we really don’t know. Especially every 2 months they would make a new episode and a new map for living world season 3. Maybe not a whole expansion, But what about like a couple maps added for like living world season 5 or something. And add another race? Not as much very complicated but hopefully some people might like the water maps. Don’t know what it would take for people to like it, but I like it. So if you don’t like underwater battle, what do you think needs to be added or taken away for you to like it?

blambidy.3216

I mean a lot of people won’t like it, but a lot of people would like it. The ratio idk, but gw2 being the first MMORPG to have an actual underwater city map. A shark mount, or anaconda mount. A water race kinda like Aquaman but gw2 version of them. And a big oh water God. Kinda like Balthazar instead just water.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Please no. I hope they drain the ocean, like they did Lake Doric, if we have to face the underwater dragon.

Or the Charr can invent a hugemongus fishing pole, and reel it onto the shore, where we pound it into submission with an Asuran “Bam Bam Fish Killer.”

lol

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

YES! I would love to see our next expansion as based on Underwater content!
ANet needs to start fixing the things these anti-underwater players dislike and make such a fuzz all about.
Personally I don’t really understand why they’re complaining about UW. Sure it’s different and not all these ’META BUILDS!!1111’, but the reason why people dislike UW is that it’s different. Sadly we don’t get to see that much UW content these days and it’s a shame!

ANet, make UW great again! Please, please, please don’t throw the whole idea of UW content into the trash, aswell the Deep Sea Dragon. I am def supporting for more UW content/expansion!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: wrathmagik.3518

wrathmagik.3518

I would be first in line and LOVE to see an underwater expansion but it just isn’t going to happen.

HOT was enough of a colossal mess and that was vertical on LAND.

Posted by: gou.2197

gou.2197

Underwater content is a known bug. There is no underwater dragon.

Attachments:

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

Count me as one of the people who would hate it. My guildies and I avoid fighting under water as much as possible.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

The solution to underwater content is this, a joint effort from scientist of all races to create a small attack sub like in the first GI-Joe movie. We could have underwater sub fights and also use them to kill the sea dragons. They would also realize that they can kill any dragon in the sea without risk because all the ley line energy is washed away.
This would also keep me here and save me money by not having to buy Aquanox Deep Descent.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Underwater content is a known bug. There is no underwater dragon.

Wrong you’re missing the point, the original 5 were Zaithan, Primordus, Jormag, Kralkatorrik, and that sea Dragon AKA bubbles, it is Mordremoth who became later the sixth. There was talks on Bubbles way before any mentions of Mordremoth.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deep_sea_dragon
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mordremoth

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Count me as one of the people who would hate it. My guildies and I avoid fighting under water as much as possible.

This mentality would probably change once underwater combat was redesigned. Would be nice if your weapons, skills, traits, etc stayed the same in water and the animation was just altered to better suit the wetness. Underwater weapon sets are kind of a failed experiment.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.