Whats going on?

Whats going on?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tuneman.9816

tuneman.9816

Ive been in love with this game since release and couldnt get enough, however, recently I have noticed a big change in gameplay. Very few people are running around on the map anymore. I keep thinking its my server I am on but have been told it isnt. I can’t do dynamic events anymore simply because there isnt enough people around. I almost get excited when I see someone else on the field running around now because they are so scarce. If I am in Lion’s arch however, I see a handful of people. I just never see them out in the world. Any thoughts? Or is it just me.

Whats going on?

Posted by: GrapeGatsby.6937

GrapeGatsby.6937

After checking your previous messages and seeing nothing I guess you aren’t just another person trying to bash on FotM. The Lost Shores patch released Fractal of the Mists and since that release a lot of people have been sitting in LA (though there has always been people sitting in LA) advertising for groups.

Whats going on?

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

I am in Yaks Bend and I have yet to see most of the problems that people are describing. Aside from the racial cities being deserted… I see and randomly team up with people in low level areas AND high level areas on my different toons. But I am also the type that bounces around checking out different areas. I only have 1 level 80 toon and have not even seen orr yet. I’ve been all over the map enjoying the sites, I’ve spent hours and hours in WvW… doing jumping puzzles… finding mini dungeons and secret “boss” fights. There always seems to be other people doing the same things no matter where I go….

Whats going on?

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

It’s all about fractals. Everyone is doing them now, since they give the best drops, most gold, and tokens for all the best gear.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Whats going on?

Posted by: circusfreak.2403

circusfreak.2403

I was playing today for a couple hours then I was booted and received a message saying I am unable to connect to servers. I still cant get back in. Is this just me or is someone else having the same difficulty?

Do not be fooled by what we percieve. Where there is perception there is deception.

Whats going on?

Posted by: tuneman.9816

tuneman.9816

So no one is doing dynamic events anymore? I missed the lost shores event because of work. I came back and everyone is gone…Ya sorry for my ignorance on the subject. So everyone is trying to raid dungeons now or something?

Whats going on?

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Come to Crystal Desert. I’ve never been in a map, even at odd hours in the morning, where I haven’t found one or two other people who I can wave at.

Whats going on?

Posted by: Rizbin.4783

Rizbin.4783

I’m having an issues as well. Got booted and cant log in without an error. I changed characters and was able to log in, but when trying to go back to the character select screen was booted again.

Whats going on?

Posted by: circusfreak.2403

circusfreak.2403

I tried another toon as well and no luck. Apparently its happening with some frequency.

Do not be fooled by what we percieve. Where there is perception there is deception.

Whats going on?

Posted by: Bella.2658

Bella.2658

I am glad to know I’m not the only one having this issue. I was getting a little worried. Hopefully it comes back up soon

Whats going on?

Posted by: zarkof.3987

zarkof.3987

I’ve also been unable to log into certain characters. tried logging into Lion’s arch and Lornar’s Pass on Tarnished Coast server and it wouldn’t let me, but I could get on my character in Divinity’s Reach

Whats going on?

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Guys.. There’s a bug forum and a Tech support forum – Both already have threads open with 50+ answers q:

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Whats going on?

Posted by: Kalagon.3120

Kalagon.3120

cant log on, only character I can log into gets DC’ed when i leave the zone hes in.

Whats going on?

Posted by: GreyFeathers.8175

GreyFeathers.8175

I’m having an issues as well. Got booted and cant log in without an error. I changed characters and was able to log in, but when trying to go back to the character select screen was booted again.

Exactly what’s happening to me and some characters I select seem to give me an instant boot from the server. I guess they are giving my Charr his rabies shots or something and I can’t play him until he’s done at the vets.

Honor is limited only by the limitations that we place upon ourselves.

Whats going on?

Posted by: JarekCyphus.7068

JarekCyphus.7068

The Ascended Gear grind wasn’t ready, if the AMA is anything to go by. From the state of the game, and the mass obsession with FotM, the OP’s plight is unsurprising to me, as both my wife and I also experience this. Clearly the argument that Ascended Gear isn’t needed to be at your best is moot, since such a majority is doing it that it is precluding the uninterested from completing the other endgame of GW2: Orr.

The Straits of Devastation show virtually all waypoints CONTESTED at all times. At one point yesterday, there were a couple of threads up with screenshots depicting just “how good FotM is for the game,” by displaying a myriad of maps across a swath of the game’s servers displaying contested waypoint after waypoint. Meanwhile, each of those servers has a clogged Lion’s Arch buzzing with the din of FotM invites, but nobody was inviting to low difficulty maps to get people started.

So The Lost Shores further nurtured the elitist environment we’d hoped to avoid in this game. Now it is worse. The rest of the game’s endgame has been abandoned in favor of a “grind” in which everyone is participating, despite that “nobody wanted it.” So either:

1. Players who are smitten by the Ascended Gear fiasco simply aren’t playing, ergo, aren’t helping their fellow players who lament over abandoned zones.
  2. The FotM farmers are the ones who formerly ran the train circuit around Orr.

In either case, that Ascended Gear can currently be obtained ONLY one way has left this game in a sorry state. In my honest opinion, they should have waited until they could have provided multiple venues in which to achieve Fractal shinies. Instead, the Glory Hounds of this game have abandoned the players to rot in empty zones, oppressed under brazen elitism.

Judges of the Tarnished Coast
Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Whats going on?

Posted by: AgentOfOblivion.7543

AgentOfOblivion.7543

just about the same for me.

Whats going on?

Posted by: AgentOfOblivion.7543

AgentOfOblivion.7543

same issues here.

Whats going on?

Posted by: MechanicalMind.9126

MechanicalMind.9126

The Ascended Gear grind wasn’t ready, if the AMA is anything to go by. From the state of the game, and the mass obsession with FotM, the OP’s plight is unsurprising to me, as both my wife and I also experience this. Clearly the argument that Ascended Gear isn’t needed to be at your best is moot, since such a majority is doing it that it is precluding the uninterested from completing the other endgame of GW2: Orr.

The Straits of Devastation show virtually all waypoints CONTESTED at all times. At one point yesterday, there were a couple of threads up with screenshots depicting just “how good FotM is for the game,” by displaying a myriad of maps across a swath of the game’s servers displaying contested waypoint after waypoint. Meanwhile, each of those servers has a clogged Lion’s Arch buzzing with the din of FotM invites, but nobody was inviting to low difficulty maps to get people started.

So The Lost Shores further nurtured the elitist environment we’d hoped to avoid in this game. Now it is worse. The rest of the game’s endgame has been abandoned in favor of a “grind” in which everyone is participating, despite that “nobody wanted it.” So either:

1. Players who are smitten by the Ascended Gear fiasco simply aren’t playing, ergo, aren’t helping their fellow players who lament over abandoned zones.
  2. The FotM farmers are the ones who formerly ran the train circuit around Orr.

In either case, that Ascended Gear can currently be obtained ONLY one way has left this game in a sorry state. In my honest opinion, they should have waited until they could have provided multiple venues in which to achieve Fractal shinies. Instead, the Glory Hounds of this game have abandoned the players to rot in empty zones, oppressed under brazen elitism.

Thus the problem when you make a loot “needy” game. Games should be about the experience, not loot.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien, President of Anet

Whats going on?

JarekCyphus.7068

I am in Yaks Bend and I have yet to see most of the problems that people are describing. Aside from the racial cities being deserted… I see and randomly team up with people in low level areas AND high level areas on my different toons. But I am also the type that bounces around checking out different areas. I only have 1 level 80 toon and have not even seen orr yet. I’ve been all over the map enjoying the sites, I’ve spent hours and hours in WvW… doing jumping puzzles… finding mini dungeons and secret “boss” fights. There always seems to be other people doing the same things no matter where I go….

Yeah, and that’s BECAUSE they can’t do Orr anymore.

Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Whats going on?

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

just keep trying

or play some counterstrike with me

Whats going on?

Posted by: Bella.2658

Bella.2658

Exactly what’s happening to me and some characters I select seem to give me an instant boot from the server. I guess they are giving my Charr his rabies shots or something and I can’t play him until he’s done at the vets.

That’s awesome. You made me laugh
Yeah all my characters in Lion’s Arch I can’t log onto but I have one in Kessex Foothills that I haven’t had an issue with so I guess some of the zones are down or something.

Whats going on?

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Again, take the time to read the AMA’s.

Anet Team considers the way fractals were implemented, instructure, gating, and as the sole reward source for gear as a huge mistake.

In the following weeks they will be endeavoring to fix this.

Whats going on?

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

It’s up and running on EU. Maybe a US problem?

Also there are Wintersday infos incoming… they are working on the official website… could be linked?

Whats going on?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

http://twitter.com/GuildWars2

We’re looking into the connection error, everyone. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! ~RB2

Whats going on?

Posted by: Saidor.7028

Saidor.7028

What’s going on? great, now I have a mental Image of He-man singing Hey yaaaaaa yaaaaaa yaa Hey yaaaaaaa yaaaaaa yaa, I said Hey, what’s going on….. and it’s going to be in my head all day now

Whats going on?

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

The game need more real content to spread people (all levels) all over the map, gear grinding in one spot is not content.

Apart from the gear grinders the rest of the PVE area’s are dead as a doorstop.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Whats going on?

JarekCyphus.7068

Anet Team considers the way fractals were implemented, instructure, gating, and as the sole reward source for gear as a huge mistake.

That’s the point I made exactly. They should have waited. It wasn’t ready. They didn’t have the clairvoyance to prepare for the repercussions of crowd envy with loot.

Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Whats going on?

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

If you believe them that is. They have been disingenuous in the past so there is no reason to believe what they say here and that the patch didnt do exactly what they want it to.

I really hope they do try to fix it but I want to see it in action and not PR words. So far everything said about grind and rng has been false so I will just wait and see.

Whats going on?

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Not sure if trolling.. Directly beside this post you will see a thread named “Whats going on”.. Same topic.. Also go to tech support or bugs as you should have – Same topics are there…

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Whats going on?

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

That’s the point I made exactly. They should have waited. It wasn’t ready. They didn’t have the clairvoyance to prepare for the repercussions of crowd envy with loot.

What’s even sadder is that people could predict all of this happening within 5 minutes of reading ArenaNet’s 1st article on the subject. On top of this, Chris on the AMA basically admitted (or claimed) that ArenaNet did pretty much everything that they had internally decided to be a bad decision. This makes the whole situation even more confusing since none of ArenaNet’s actions have made any sense.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Whats going on?

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

Man, pour me a mug of that journalistic integrity … it’d go down well right about now.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Whats going on?

Posted by: MechanicalMind.9126

MechanicalMind.9126

I wonder why CNN or Fox News hasn’t picked up on this story yet.

They’re too busy pouring bailey’s in each other’s coffee mugs and contemplating the meaning of journalistic integrity.

Thanks man. Good laugh right there. xD

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien, President of Anet

Whats going on?

JarekCyphus.7068

I’m getting this on any toon logged in at Southsun Cove or Lion’s Arch. All of my other characters can log in fine.

Attachments:

Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Whats going on?

Posted by: Zepharo.5094

Zepharo.5094

im getting the same error

Whats going on?

Posted by: Clorox Sour.5142

Clorox Sour.5142

It’s ok. I logged in to spvp and then I was kind of put off by all the match servers being empty.

Whats going on?

JarekCyphus.7068

What’s even sadder is that people could predict all of this happening within 5 minutes of reading ArenaNet’s 1st article on the subject. On top of this, Chris on the AMA basically admitted (or claimed) that ArenaNet did pretty much everything that they had internally decided to be a bad decision. This makes the whole situation even more confusing since none of ArenaNet’s actions have made any sense.

Precisely. That’s why I’m putting this game away until the next Holiday content comes out. Once they “fix” this SNAFU, I’ll consider coming back.

Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Whats going on?

Posted by: havoc.8569

havoc.8569

Got booted and cant log in now.

NM its working for me now.

Whats going on?

Posted by: RaggedRobbin.7296

RaggedRobbin.7296

Had issues with getting stuck in portal (server crashed) sent a ticket and then anet fixed that, knew it was not my end because I was able to log in under a different toon and it worked. Now after completing a heart that toon can’t move in game and I tried to wp out server crashed. Server crashed when I tried to log back into account. Closed client and tried to get back in (server crashed).. Hopefully they get their act together and fix alot of bugs or I will find some other way to spend my time and it won’t be waiting for them. Have been a loyal gw1 player and am very frustrated with all the so called fixes that are not fixes but a cheap bandaid. Hope things turn around or will quit and take my friends with me.

Whats going on?

JarekCyphus.7068

Getting errors on my Lion’s Arch toon and my toon still in the Southsun Cove. All my lowbies and mid-level toons can log in fine.

Attachments:

Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Whats going on?

Posted by: Rysinsun.7306

Rysinsun.7306

Everyone is doing FotM right now which may as well stand for “Flavor of the Month” as nobody really seems interested in much else PvE wise unless you are guilded or run a premade group. Those way points will remain contested until the issue is fixed, assuming it does get fixed of course.

Whats going on?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

This is true. I transferred to Yak’s Bend after the patch as my server went dead in the open world. I’ve always been an altoholic so this was a big problem for me. I gave Yak’s Bend a try as I heard on the forums there were more people there and have found it to be true. So, while there has definitely been a drain of players from the open world, the higher pop servers suffer less for this.