Whats keeping you here?

Whats keeping you here?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

Like the title of the thread says, whats keeping you here? With all the living story garbage and no real heartfelt content to explore and divulge in. The reason I am still around is for the few friends I have left that hasn’t quit yet. As for now, I’m just biding my time until the release of Xbox 1.

With the upcoming releases of xbox, ps4 and other mmo titles, how much of the player base is going to stick around?

So many of us have been patient with anet waiting for something good to be released and its been a disappointment every time. Anytime anyone asks a serious question about the future of the game, colin’s response is nothing is off the table! Well, its time for them to share what is on the table and quit being so secretive because as far as things have gone so far this year, I have nothing to look forward to!

If players are bored with the game and ask legitimate questions like cantha, guild halls, expansion, etc etc and the only response they get is nothing is off the table; then whats the incentive of sticking around? We’re left in the dark and don’t even get a hint as to whats in store for the future rather than this living story crap?

Anet really needs to communicate and realize that people are getting bored and fed up and seeking out other venues of entertainment! But hey, nothing’s off the table right? That sounds so stupid!

Whats keeping you here?

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

my mesmer’s pink hair.
1 shooting scruby glass canon thieves/power rangers in wvw with one shatter.
and thats it….
If it wasnt for the mesmer profession i would have been gone already…

Whats keeping you here?

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

If it wasnt for the mesmer profession i would have been gone already…

Same for me but Ele instead of Mesmer. I don’t even care about any of the nerfs over the past year, I still think it’s the best class by miles.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Whats keeping you here?

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I’m an altaholic. As long as I can get new armor and new character creation options then I’ll stick around.

Whats keeping you here?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

The hope that ANet wakes up and makes an expansion.

Ok, no seriously, what keeps me here is 2 things: my guild and lack of a better game.

Given Colin’s post today on the Collaborative Development thread, my guild may have just received the impetus for finding one.

Or we could keep staying here, spending 10x per month what we would spend on a subscription game and wondering why. Nothing is off the table. <straightface>

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Whats keeping you here?

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

lol goldenwing, your last statement made me laugh

Whats keeping you here?

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I’ve seen a ton of people saying that when a new MMO comes out, they will not be playing Guild Wars 2 anymore. My guess (Yes, it is a guess. Don’t yell at me) is that at least 30% of the GW2 population will move to another mmorpg. If I can state my opinion here, I think the percentage of people that leave could be as high as 45%.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Whats keeping you here?

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Nothing’s keeping me. I want to be here

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Whats keeping you here?

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I’m playing GW2 to keep me busy while I wait for TESO. If TESO is bad or not worth the subscription I’ll probably come back to GW2. I am put off by the lack of bug/balance fixes, stuff like no ability to easily swap gear, even not being able to keep a mini in my inventory when I use the option to send collectibles to my bank, etc. Stuff like that which we have been talking about for over a year now. But I don’t feel that AN is under any obligation to tell me they are going to do these things in advance.

But really, does ArenaNet have any obligation to tell us what changes they are going to make? Why does the community feel so entitled? Does it really matter? I mean, you are likely to move on to the latest and greatest game as soon as it’s available anyway regardless of whether AN tells you about upcoming changes in a more definitive way. Or are people just looking for something else to complain about?

(edited by pdg.8462)

Whats keeping you here?

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Nothing better at the moment. I haven’t logged into GW2 in over a month. Between Wildtstar, TESO and Dark Souls 2; I think Arenanet is going to be in trouble.

Whats keeping you here?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I’m playing GW2 to keep me busy while I wait for ESO. If ESO is bad or not worth the subscription I’ll probably come back to GW2. I am put off by the lack of bug/balance fixes, stuff like no ability to easily swap gear, even not being able to keep a mini in my inventory when I use the option to send collectibles to my bank, etc. Stuff like that which we have been talking about for over a year now. But I don’t feel that AN is under any obligation to tell me they are going to do these things in advance.

But really, does ArenaNet have any obligation to tell us what changes they are going to make? Why does the community feel so entitled? Does it really matter? I mean, you are likely to move on to the latest and greatest game as soon as it’s available anyway regardless of whether AN tells you about upcoming changes in a more definitive way. Or are people just looking for something else to complain about?

There is a fix for the mini-pet issue you relate to, it’s called an invisible bag, nothing in there can be accidently sold and any collectables will stay there.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Whats keeping you here?

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

As this topic does not lead to constructive discussion and is very speculative in it’s nature, this discussion is locked.