Whats the fastest way to farm presents?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SeeMuh.1907

SeeMuh.1907

Hi everyone,
So far i think the Bell Choir thingy is the fastest way to get presents assuming one round of shaking bells takes me 7 minutes.

8.5 runs per hour with 18 presents per run, soo around 144 (assuming i´m able to get into 8 runs) presents in one hour.

(My mathematic abilities arn´t that great though…)

Would be awesome if someone can confirm what i wrote or prove that i came to a totaly wrong conclusion and has a much more efficient way to get me my presents.

Have Great Holiday Everyone

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

Bell choir is second best. Right now, if you are really good at the jumping puzzle, you can get (tops) 150 presents in half an hour, or 300/hour (30 minute rounds, each run takes approximately 2 minutes). This is assuming you have fast loading screens and don’t die at all, so on average, assuming you are decently good, you can make 220-240/hour. This is the best way to farm them atm.

If you suck at jumping puzzles, go bell choir :P

Posted by: Yarrmor.8406

Yarrmor.8406

Bell choir is second best. Right now, if you are really good at the jumping puzzle, you can get (tops) 150 presents in half an hour, or 300/hour (30 minute rounds, each run takes approximately 2 minutes). This is assuming you have fast loading screens and don’t die at all, so on average, assuming you are decently good, you can make 220-240/hour. This is the best way to farm them atm.

If you suck at jumping puzzles, go bell choir :P

You’ll have to take in that the JP is much more stressful than the Bell Choir.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Honestly I’m terrible at Choir. I’m not perfect at JP either but it’s much less stressful for me to do JP than Choir. I suggest doing the thing that doesn’t make you want to break your keyboard in half after 30 minutes.

Posted by: SeeMuh.1907

SeeMuh.1907

Yeahhh thx for the fast replys,
sounds good to me might be even worth the effort just to have some change, even if i only succeed in every second try.

like i said have a Great Holiday Everyone ^^

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Takes practices, but once you master the JP, it’s the best way. Personally, I think middle path is the easiest and the one that takes less thinking. You can do it without stopping assuming the platforms didn’t disappear. No need to think at the candy cane part, jump straight to the 2nd one then to the next platform.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Katta Castellum.3957

Katta Castellum.3957

i am ok at the jumping puzzle. i get between 10-13 successful runs in 30 minutes. bell choir is still faster than me.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Bell Choir is the most reliable way to get presents, the JP is the fastest IF you manage to finish it at least 50% of the time.

Myself with a bit high ping (~180 ms) I can’t do the JP reliably , but Bell Choir is a matter to adjust when to press the button, after that figured out I usually end in the top 3 players every round.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’ll have to try that middle lane. I found the gingerbread one so far to be the best for me since there’s only one instance where you have to jump onto the candy canes. Still a bit of annoyance through that I have to wait for snowflakes to spawn as I’m jumping.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

I’ll have to try that middle lane. I found the gingerbread one so far to be the best for me since there’s only one instance where you have to jump onto the candy canes. Still a bit of annoyance through that I have to wait for snowflakes to spawn as I’m jumping.

Middle lane is my favorite. It’s the least stressful by far, though I do have to re-position my mouse halfway through it because you have to turn left a lot more than you turn right. (I just hold both mouse buttons while running through it and don’t let go)

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

I’ve found the Bell Choir is fantastic for me. I made between 25-30 gold last night just from doing Bell Choir. I did that for about a half hour. Granted I also got the personalized presents too, it was still much worth. I also REALLY enjoy doing bell choir. Like…. more than I should enjoy it.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I’ve found the Bell Choir is fantastic for me. I made between 25-30 gold last night just from doing Bell Choir. I did that for about a half hour. Granted I also got the personalized presents too, it was still much worth. I also REALLY enjoy doing bell choir. Like…. more than I should enjoy it.

so clever

same exaggerations also helped to nerf the already nerfed sw to death….

there was the same with cf where people claiming" i made 100 g in an hours. welp i do 200g in 40 min. come on i do 250 g in 20 min " and so on…. and we all know where it have end —-> NERF of death inc

?exaggerations ftw

may be this wintersday will be save but enjoy the nerfed version next year cause of this ( exaggerated) showing off

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: CratZII.5872

CratZII.5872

JP is the slowest actually since you have to take into account the 2h it takes to actually get into the map

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

JP is the slowest actually since you have to take into account the 2h it takes to actually get into the map

I’m gonna be honest, the map rounds are 30 minutes so at most you should only have to wait that long. I know my anecdotal evidence counts for jack all, but I have only had to ever wait 1 minute, tops. Though yesterday it was redirecting me back to DR a couple of times before I got it.

Maybe there’s something with the accounts specifically experiencing this?

tluv.5821

so clever

there was the same with cf where people claiming" i made 100 g in an hours. welp i do 200g in 40 min. come on i do 250 g in 20 min " and so on…. and we all know where it have end —-> NERF of death inc

?exaggerations ftw

may be this wintersday will be save but enjoy the nerfed version next year cause of this ( exaggerated) showing off

Er, I’m not exaggerating sir. So calling me a liar a false statement on your part. If you read what I said, I said I also got the personalized gifts when doing it as well. I was completing achievs.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Ayrilana.1396

so clever

?exaggerations ftw

Er, I’m not exaggerating sir. So calling me a liar a false statement on your part. If you read what I said, I said I also got the personalized gifts when doing it as well. I was completing achievs.

I’d assume if you clarified that you opened all of the presents and sold the drops, this was how you reached that amount. You simply got some valuable drops which out you over what you would have gotten if you had sold the gifts themselves.

tluv.5821

so clever

?exaggerations ftw

I’d assume if you clarified that you opened all of the presents and sold the drops, this was how you reached that amount. You simply got some valuable drops which out you over what you would have gotten if you had sold the gifts themselves.

Assumptions sir. I was under the assumptions everyone was opening them, as that is the best gain due to the drinks. And I sold everything. Nothing of “great” value as you assume. It was the drinks that got me the most money.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Ayrilana.1396

so clever

?exaggerations ftw

Assumptions sir. I was under the assumptions everyone was opening them, as that is the best gain due to the drinks. And I sold everything. Nothing of “great” value as you assume. It was the drinks that got me the most money.

Everyone here was selling them directly as that nets you the most gold consistently.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’d said Bell Choir too. Even if you make a mistake, as long as you don’t utterly fail, you’ll get presents. If you make a mistake in the jumping puzzle, it’s game over with no presents.

Yes, Bell Choir.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The fastest way is to buy up gifts with karma (and snowflakes)

I think it can be done for about 3.4 million karma (and 4 stacks of snowflakes) after the easy achievement rewards are done & the cheap 100 karma gifts are bought up daily.

Not too expensive either.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

tluv.5821

so clever

?exaggerations ftw

Everyone here was selling them directly as that nets you the most gold consistently.

Really? I just see something about farming them. Nothing about selling vs opening them. I was just making a fact I got made a certain amount from a certain event. So stop with the assumptions please. And re-read the thread.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Napkin math for a karma buyout

10,000 gifts times 0.9 gifts per box == 45ish stacks of gifts needed.

3850 karma (+1 snowflake) for 10 gifts.

1125 snowflakes and 4,331,250 karma needed for a full buyout.
Doable!

But again, you can buy 100 cheaper gifts for karma every day, you can do the orphan run to fund your karma (and a lot of the events will give back karma) and the event lasts 5 weeks, and once you do the achiements, you’ll find that you dont need 44 Starks, but some lesser number like 30 stacks. (if you do Pvp, the reward track is great for Wintersday gifts).

This fast method also completes the Peppermint Achievement and sweet tooth title for you AND gives you a lot of the new foods which sell for a decent amount of money.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Ayrilana.1396

so clever

?exaggerations ftw

Really? I just see something about farming them. Nothing about selling vs opening them. I was just making a fact I got made a certain amount from a certain event. So stop with the assumptions please. And re-read the thread.

I’m not making assumptions. All that I was telling you to do was to state that you were opening the gifts and selling what you got. This was because everyone else is measuring it by what they can sell the actual gift for as this consistently awards you more gold.

I was trying to be nice and help you out by resolving the issue that some were having with your claims. I can just refrain from doing that next time.

Posted by: Wing.5487

Wing.5487

3850 karma (+1 snowflake) for 10 gifts.

where can i get this? The wintersday vendor sells 1 gift for this price